• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

Hiro apparently "scoffed" at people thinking we'd only get 20 or so Mega Evolutions.

What if...what if EVERY FINAL FORM gets one. :0

That's 322 Pokémon that would get these and that doesn't include legendaries or 6th Gen Pokemon. That's way too much at this point, GF would have a slew of these at their disposal. :p

I think 50 is a good mark, maybe a bit more but I can't see them going too much higher since otherwise it risks oversaturation.

After looking at Mega Kangaskhan, I've been wondering. What if they give Plusle and Minun Megalution. May be Plusle or Minun will summon their counterpart when they mega evolve to give the other one a hand and a boost at the same time.

Somehow I can see Plusle and Minun only becoming Mega if they're together in a double battle, if they ever get such formes. I mean, they were Pokemon created to demonstrate double battles, and they're supposed to suck worse when battling alone.

That's what I mean, two of them out together in single battle as Megalution. One is main, the other is on side line giving huge boost to the main one. It's just a thought, because evolving them the normal way seems impossible. What do you want them to become multiply and divide? How's that fitting electric type?

Hiro apparently "scoffed" at people thinking we'd only get 20 or so Mega Evolutions.

What if...what if EVERY FINAL FORM gets one. :0

I don't like the idea of getting so many megas, but I also don't like only 20 or so. 35 would be a nice number.

35, consider the sheer number of Pokemon we got over 5 generation, that's too few.

I imagine that the majority of Mega formes are going to be DLC content, probably some released over certain events, in-store giveaways, or a monthly thing like Animal Crossing's monthly DLC content. Mega Blaziken would certainly suggest that.

Mega Blaziken isn't DLC, it's just event like the other before it. Kind of like Zorua and Zoroark and Victini back in Black and White.

35, consider the sheer number of Pokemon we got over 5 generation, that's too few.

50 then? More than that is overkill, IMO. I don't know, they can also add a few more in Generation VII.

I kinda think the number will be fewer. Assuming every starter gets one, that's 15. Then I'd say about 25 or so more. 40ish?
It's hard to guess since we don't have any criteria for Mega evolutions other than (unconfirmed) that they must not be able to evolve again.

Also, I hope the majority of them are available through just playing the game. The idea of 50+ events honestly annoys me.

50 then? More than that is overkill, IMO. I don't know, they can also add a few more in Generation VII.

You can only have 1 per battle, why would how many of them are there make a different. It's not like they are trying to make Megalution as something unique for a certain group of Pokemon. We have forme change for that.

By the way, I enjoy this bargain with you. No, I'm not trolling.

I imagine that the majority of Mega formes are going to be DLC content, probably some released over certain events, in-store giveaways, or a monthly thing like Animal Crossing's monthly DLC content. Mega Blaziken would certainly suggest that.

Mega Blaziken isn't DLC, it's just event like the other before it. Kind of like Zorua and Zoroark and Victini back in Black and White.

Okay, I will rephrase then, limited as event Pokemon then. Though in many ways I can still see many future Mega formes possibly being DLC in some way. I cannot imagine them making Mega formes for a hundred different Pokemon and already programmed in when they're already busy enough with a tight schedule on their hands.

After looking at Mega Kangaskhan, I've been wondering. What if they give Plusle and Minun Megalution. May be Plusle or Minun will summon their counterpart when they mega evolve to give the other one a hand and a boost at the same time.

Somehow I can see Plusle and Minun only becoming Mega if they're together in a double battle, if they ever get such formes. I mean, they were Pokemon created to demonstrate double battles, and they're supposed to suck worse when battling alone.

That's what I mean, two of them out together in single battle as Megalution. One is main, the other is on side line giving huge boost to the main one. It's just a thought, because evolving them the normal way seems impossible. What do you want them to become multiply and divide? How's that fitting electric type?

And no, that's not what I meant. You suggested a single battle where a Plulse/Minun joins the other in what is still supposed to be a single battle. That's not a double battle, and it essentially goes against the theme of Plulse and Minun. What I was saying that their Mega formes can only be activated when they're together in an actual double battle.

Okay, I will rephrase then, limited as event Pokemon then. Though in many ways I can still see many future Mega formes possibly being DLC in some way. I cannot imagine them making Mega formes for a hundred different Pokemon and already programmed in when they're already busy enough with a tight schedule on their hands.

Come on, transition from 2d to 3d, plus fairy type. They already handled that. Besides, designing a Mega isn't so difficult as designing a new pokemon. Instead of thinking of a new concept, you just bring out what isn't so readily visible, like Mega Kangaskhan. Professional artists and designer can draw faster than you thought. That's part of their job.

And no, that's not what I meant. You suggested a single battle where a Plulse/Minun joins the other in what is still supposed to be a single battle. That's not a double battle, and it essentially goes against the theme of Plulse and Minun. What I was saying that their Mega formes can only be activated when they're together in an actual double battle.[/QUOTE]

How about making it so that if Plusle Mega evolving, Minun must be in the party and vice versa, and if the Mega is knocked out. The other just return to the party to be send out again later.

You can only have 1 per battle, why would how many of them are there make a different. It's not like they are trying to make Megalution as something unique for a certain group of Pokemon. We have forme change for that.

By the way, I enjoy this bargain with you. No, I'm not trolling.

You answered your own question: Because if we get too many megas, they won't be something unique and I sort of enjoy uniqueness. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't do a lot of them and if they do, well, I will just accept them and move on.

Also, thanks. ^^

Come on, transition from 2d to 3d, plus fairy type. They already handled that. Besides, designing a Mega isn't so difficult as designing a new pokemon. Instead of thinking of a new concept, you just bring out what isn't so readily visible, like Mega Kangaskhan. Professional artists and designer can draw faster than you thought. That's part of their job.

You make a point, and it's true enough that Mega formes would not take nearly as long. However it is still nonetheless a process. And they're not just redesigning a Pokemon to look different, they're changing other things about it. Even then, I can't really see them spending so much time working on hundreds of formes already in the game. I can see maybe 30-50, or less than that, but not a hundred. There are other things in the game which surely they had been working on along with the Mega evolutions, and now we're only two months away from October. By about next month or sooner, they're going to have to bring it to a finalized state in preparation for release month. Mega formes are a great twist, but it cannot have been the only thing they were working on.

Besides, Mega formes gives great new incentive to DLC and event Pokemon. If they make a new forme, they can release the forme of it through DLC packaged with an event Pokemon that can overtime be trained and evolved into that forme. It's as simple as that.

How about making it so that if Plusle Mega evolving, Minun must be in the party and vice versa, and if the Mega is knocked out. The other just return to the party to be send out again later.

You're only saying that because you cannot agree that Plulse and Minun were created as a means to demonstrate and to work at their best in double battles. Why else do their abilities only work while they're both out in double battles, and why else can they both learn Helping Hand? The pair are at best gimmick Pokemon meant for that style of battle. I'll say it again, for them to do something like that in single battle would be going against everything about them.

It's a pleasure. Oh, I just remember, let's assume all starter gets Mega, then that would be 3x6=18. Then let assume if we get about 7-8 legendary including Mewtwo get Mega. After that, if they decide to do Mega for all the yet to have any evolutionary relative, then that number would be more than 50. That's not even including some random member like Lucario and Ampharos.

You're only saying that because you cannot agree that Plulse and Minun were created as a means to demonstrate and to work at their best in double battles. Why else do their abilities only work while they're both out in double battles, and why else can they both learn Helping Hand? The pair are at best gimmick Pokemon meant for that style of battle. I'll say it again, for them to do something like that in single battle would be going against everything about them.[/QUOTE]

I just want them to be viable. Not something that just sit there. Things like Ditto and Castform is unique enough to be a gimmick. It's just me, wanting them to be more viable.

I personally don't see a problem with that many mega forms. The limitation's still there and because of this being mega evolution and not an ordinary evolution, they don't take up a spot in Pokedex since they don't permanently alter the evolutionary lines.

I personally don't see a problem with that many mega forms. The limitation's still there and because of this being mega evolution and not an ordinary evolution, they don't take up a spot in Pokedex since they don't permanently alter the evolutionary lines.

Thank you.

It's a pleasure. Oh, I just remember, let's assume all starter gets Mega, then that would be 3x6=18. Then let assume if we get about 7-8 legendary including Mewtwo get Mega. After that, if they decide to do Mega for all the yet to have any evolutionary relative, then that number would be more than 50. That's not even including some random member like Lucario and Ampharos.

I think the ideal scenario would be to make megas for the 18 starters + some single-stage Pokémon, like Sableye, Dunsparce, Heracross, Miltank, Pinsir... + some for the most popular Pokémon out there (besides Lucario and the others), like Zoroark, Arcanine, Ninetails, etc. I don't see why more legendaries should get mega forms, though. :c

I just want them to be viable. Not something that just sit there. Things like Ditto and Castform is unique enough to be a gimmick. It's just me, wanting them to be more viable.

Just because you and I don't do double battles, does not mean they cannot be viable... they can be viable in double battles, and really for that pair, that's the only place that they can and should work in. They're Pokemon meant to be on the field at the same time, not just one in the party while the other is out. So if they both get Mega formes, I'd much rather prefer that one of their shared requirements be that they're both out at the same time.

Not saying that they will get Mega formes, just that if they do, that would be my utmost preference. And I'm pretty sure that's what Game Freak would do in keeping with their theme and spirit. And besides, when the hell has Game Freak ever been in it for practicality? Most of these gimmick Pokemon are just created as a means to be 'fun', and nothing more. I mean look at Chatot, they gave it Chatter as a means of being silly and fun during battle. Granted now it's being abused to blurt out other things, but that was their intention with the move and Pokemon.

let's assume all starter gets Mega, then that would be 3x6=18
v_v
I forgot the 6th gen starters!

I dunno, too many megas runs the risk of making the mechanic less, um, epic?
I'd be fine with quite a lot if most were available ingame. The event Torchic does not mean they will all be event only. Blaziken is a third generation starter after all and I doubt those will be readily available in X&Y (inb4 RSE remake discussion).

I think the ideal scenario would be to make megas for the 18 starters + some single-stage Pokémon, like Sableye, Dunsparce, Heracross, Miltank, Pinsir... + some for the most popular Pokémon out there (besides Lucario and the others), like Zoroark, Arcanine, Ninetails, etc. I don't see why more legendaries should get mega forms, though. :c

Why not, why only favor Mewtwo? I know it's the first BST 680 legendary and 1st movie big bad, but given only Mega to Mewtwo would cause competitive players not to choose the other legendary.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom