• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Bug Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Doing it Not the Way V Faction Wants' I suppose would be a better way I putting it.

If we get more diverse Pokemon types that are feasible and would make you want to use 'em, then we're good.

I want a Bug Dragon Pokemon. That'd be pretty sweet.

Yeah i kinda wish they would've made Yanmega a bug/dragon type which would have made some sense if you think about it. But no they made it bug/flying, don't get me wrong though, it's still a great pokemon. Anyway bug/dragon would be cool.

I want a Bug Dragon Pokemon. That'd be pretty sweet.

Y´know Flygon always striked more as a aBug/Dragon type than a Dragon/Ground type,I never actually saw where was the "ground" thing of it.

But yeah,more bugs,not MOAAAR,but the usual ammount.And more attacks.And more spiders,even if they arent bugs.

Also posted this in the whishlist time thread:

Bug Specialized 8ght gym leader.

Y´know Flygon always striked more as a aBug/Dragon type than a Dragon/Ground type,I never actually saw where was the "ground" thing of it.

Spirit of the desert. Plus the ant lion connection... it could have made sense either way.

Spirit of the desert. Plus the ant lion connection... it could have made sense either way.

I was talking more about the design itself...It just didn´t looked something that came from a dessert to me...too colorfull.

I was talking more about the design itself...It just didn´t looked something that came from a dessert to me...too colorfull.

It's practically the same color as cacturne.

Ecxept for the bright red patterns.

and you don't associate red with desert?

To me it fits fine. It could work both ways as a bug/dragon or ground/dragon. As it stands it is still on my top five favorite pokemon.

Why can't creatures that live in a desert have colors?

and you don't associate red with desert?

To me it fits fine. It could work both ways as a bug/dragon or ground/dragon. As it stands it is still on my top five favorite pokemon.

Nop.Maybe Magenta or orange throught.
It is one of my favourites too xD (ironicly,it is my favourite ground type)
Its just that to mewhen I look at it,the bug atributes are more outstanding.

Nop.Maybe Magenta or orange throught.
It is one of my favourites too xD (ironicly,it is my favourite ground type)
Its just that to mewhen I look at it,the bug atributes are more outstanding.

I think in the end it comes down to traits associated with it. Spirit of the desert, hides in sandstorms. You get the drill.

1) We need actual Bug/Electric lightning bugs
2) We need ones that don't suck

...which should be the premise for all future Bug Pokemon: Different type combinations and ones that don't suck.

Doing it Wrong

Surskit -> Masquerain
I was very dissapointed about this one but fortunatelly it can evolve again(maybe using water stone)and become a bug/water again.
This is how i see it:the baby pokemon(surskit) stay in the pond they were born in until they evolve then they fly to another body of water where they become adults(to prevent inbreading or something).
They could look something like this:http://www.naturfoto-cz.de/tiger-water-beetle:dytiscus-marginalis-photo-2883.html

Wurmple -> Cascoon/Silcoon -> Duxtox/Beautifly
Not much can be done here other than perhaps giving them some cool abilities to compensate for their type disadvantages.

Volbeat
I see this one evolving into a bug/electric

Illumise
I see this evolving into either a bug/psychic or bug/dark

Combee -> Vespiquen
when i first saw it i thought that for sure it was a bug/psychic needles to say i was disappointed.Perhaps after another two generations it can evolve again with ancient power or something

Doing it Right
Heracross
Scyther -> Scizor
Pineco -> Forretress
Yanma -> Yanmega
Nincada -> Ninjask + Shedinja

I completelly agree with you
The main reason why many think that bug pokemon are generally weak is because the way the championships are held(just battles with fully evolved pokemon and specifically bred as opposed to everybody starting from scratch with only the starter pokemon and catching pokemon and battleing each other as they go to victory road for the actual championship).

Think about it.What's the bug types main advantage over the other types?You can have a fully evolved dustox for example at level 10(with confusion and a stat total of 385) as opposed to a torchic at level 10(knows ember and has a stat total of 310).I don't know if dustox will win for sure as i have never tried it myself but i know that it will be bloody hard to bring down by the previouselly mentioned torchic or other early obtainable level 10 pokemon for that matter.That's my opinion at least.Feel free to contradict me if you think otherwise.

P.S. I wish they would evolve parasect and pinsir this generation.Parasect needs a stat bust to function better and pinsir needs at least a secondary typing(preferably steel,dark,ground or even normal),like its cousin heracross

Last edited:
I prefer them keeping the generic starter-area bug flying/poison duo over focusing on perfect typing, perfect stats and perfect movepools. There will always be "useful" bugs later on in every game.

Unless there's some sort of RL insect that emits/stores electric power, I doubt it.

Didn't realize rodents were capable of emitting/storing electric power. Mind sharing with me with real life electrical rodents. Since it seems I've been living under a rock for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom