• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Bug Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want anymore new bug pokemon than D/P/Pt had. They had a few but not all that many. It had heracross and that was good enuf for me. What I want is more bug moves that are powerful. More moves like x-scissor.

heracross isn't a DPPt created pokemon. It's from GSC.

This is the Bug thread! If you don't want Bugs, then vamoose.

....Although having too many Bug-types would be overkill.

**V Faction has been kicked from the Bug thread**

They should really make more powerful bug pokemon that are difficult to find. Somewhat along the lines of Heracross/Vespiqueen, but I'm talkin exotic areas in the region where you find really powerful bugs. Like in real life.

that's not I was saying now was it?

Goldensonic wasn't referring to 4th gen creating Heracross. He was saying that he didn't really like the 4th gen bug Pokemon and was basically glad Heracross was in the game.

I don't want tons of bugs, all I want is some usable special based bugs.

Goldensonic wasn't referring to 4th gen creating Heracross. He was saying that he didn't really like the 4th gen bug Pokemon and was basically glad Heracross was in the game.

Oh, sorry. It didn't come across that way.

Really, we dont need more Bug pokemon! They are annoying as it is

I wouldn't mind having some more bug pokemon, as long as they continued to vary it. So for bug Pokemon they introduce in 5th gen, I really hope there isn't yet another Butterfly Pokemon. We already have Butterfree and Beautifly.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Spider to be honest, if anything.

Can't think of any other bugs at the moment that I'd like to see...

Last edited:
Ninja Cicadas. We need more ninja cicadas

Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja say hi (I guess).

And yeah, there need to be more Bug/Water Pokemon other than Surskit. Or maybe a Bug/Fire type (has this been mentioned already?)

And yeah, there need to be more Bug/Water Pokemon other than Surskit. Or maybe a Bug/Fire type (has this been mentioned already?)

He knows -.-

Yeah, well honestly I'd like a bug/water too but most of the bug evos make no sense. Surskit is a water skitter and masquerain is a moth. They're not even the same sub species. That's like a fish evolving into an octopus, oh wait. OH hey we need a squid. GIANT SQUID LEGENDARY! It can be part bug cuz... yeah it's pokemon.

Do you think I'm actually that oblivious? No, I was saying we need more like them. Maybe a pokemon that has a reference to the fact that cicadas take 10+ years to pupate?

Why can't the new Bug Pokemon be something cute, like Wurmple or Combee? ;A; Don't forget that battling now isn't the only thing to do in Pokemon, and I'd so love to do what I did in Emerald, and take a Wurmple all the way to the Cute Contest finals.

Seeing how every succeeding odd generation has one more Pseudo than the previous one, I think I can see Gen. V, having a Bug/Steel dual-type Pseudo-legendary.

Here's the chart:

Odd Generation -- Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon -- # of Weaknesses -- Amount of Pseudo's in the Gen.

I --- Dragonite --- 3 -- 1
III --- Salamence --- 3
III --- Metagross --- 2 -- 2

Yeah, I'd love to have a 3-line Bug type that's NOT an early game, weakling...or, maybe it could be catchable early on, but not evolve into a useful second stage until late in the game, and then finally a strong final form even later.

One idea I had for a Bug/Ice Pokemon was a two-stage family based on members of the Chilopoda family. The first one was a small millipede whose shell resembled a snowman head and could curl up into a ball, while the evolution was a vicious centipede who hid underground while its tail, resembling a three-part snowman, attracted unsuspecting pray.

And for Bug/Electric, a dung beetle with magnetic properties which pushes around a giant ball of scrap which it can lift using magnetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom