• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More GTS problems with localized names...

This is getting out of freaking hand now. Seriously. >.<

Look it's one thing to filter out an inappropriate nickname, but a Pokemon's actual name? Really?! Maybe someone should have done a little fine tuning before this was slapped on the game because it's looking more and more like fail city here. :banghead:

It was funny with cofagrigus but now it's just getting ridiculous.

If it's a serverside censor, it shouldn't be too hard to just tweak things to allow those actual pokemon names as exceptions.

If it's a serverside censor, it shouldn't be too hard to just tweak things to allow those actual pokemon names as exceptions.

It's a serverside. There's a clientside censor (which is useless, since it's easy to bypass), and the serverside censor. They should be able to disable those censors, but I bet the overprotective people running Wi-Fi do not want to disable it.

Ok just what the fuck TPCi ?

They need to fix this kind of shit now.

That is all I got to say about this whole things.

Next somebody will find out Arceus is banned
I mean, take out the C and the U, and put the S before the E. What does it spell?
'Arse', by the way, is that banned?

If they remove the filter people will go back to naming their pokemon things that arent appropriate. Just because some older players think this is funny dosent mean that younger kids that are playing need to see that. I dont think they need to be exposed to explitives in a pokemon game. The filter is a good concept, it just needs some fine tuning

Ponle color...

While censorship protects kids from unappropiate content during day, they still can access to it at night while Big Bro's not watching. So, there's even less control about what are they seeing, making censorship pointless.

(BTW, I mean "day" and "night" in a metaphorical way)

Ah, I guess Muk is banned too (?)

When the RS remakes come out, your starter will be pre-named "Muddy" to solve this problem.

Skuntank are pre-named "Smelly"

and Cofagrigus is pre-named "Daddy" EDIT: I meant "Deaddy" lol

This is just... if they want a filter so bad why not have it so that the gts has some way of differentiating between official names and nicknames? There is a piece of data attached to the pokemon that tells you the difference, that's why when something from another language game evolves it will take on the English name if it wasn't nicknamed. How hard is it to make the filter take that piece of data into consideration.

Not that I like that the filter exists. I understand there's some bs law and they need to do this so the government or whoever's in charge of this thing can agree that it's kid safe but it's completely moronic. A child will not be hurt if he gets a pokemon nicknamed shithead, his mommy will just be angry. Swear words only give you power if you let them and my god do over protective parents let them. Kids wouldn't giggle and say these words over and over when they learned them if we didn't treat them like some forbidden thing or something only grown ups can say...

Oops/rant

i don't think so, since its Arceus and not Arseus

Actually, my brain has always read it as "arseus" because the e should make the c soft and it being hard doesn't really make sense.

and Cofagrigus is pre-named "Daddy" EDIT: I meant "Deaddy" lol

Freudian slip? P:

There is a censor? Does it only apply to the GTS? From what I read it sounds like it doesn't allow you to nickname your Pokemon with vulgarities at all, yet my Eelektross is named Fuckin Eel.

Last edited:
Man, the only thing that need fixing is the damn "asking for" thing. The thing should stop people from asking for a level 9-and-under Reshiram/Zekrom/whatever. Like "this Pokemon is impossible!" or along the lines.

And what sucks even worse is I can't give away blatantly hacked Pokemon. I tried to hand some sucker a level 1 Reshiram, right? Oops! "This Pokemon can't be traded away! (error code or whatever in here)". I say "blatantly" because it had no issues with me handing away hacked level 100 Tornadus and Zoroark.

Prison Mike said:
I'm glad they put in a filter. They also don't even allow nicknames in the random matchup battles.

What?! D8 You're kidding, right? I'm not going to do random match-up against people who don't nickname their Pokemon! ...unless it's like PBR, and it just leaves everything default? Man... :<

What?! D8 You're kidding, right? I'm not going to do random match-up against people who don't nickname their Pokemon! ...unless it's like PBR, and it just leaves everything default? Man... :<
Random Battle reverts nicknames to default names for the battle.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom