• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

I think Porygon Z and Exeggutor

What are you saying?Porygon-z was the most overhyped poke at the start of gen4.
Exeggutor was very popular in the days of r/b/y and g/s/c.
It has had its days of glory but now its speed and 4x bug weakness hold him back.

Farfetch'd, at least it seems that way to me.

His stats are pitiful, and that's why everyone seems to ignore him. But he has two HMs (Cut and Fly) and False Swipe, so he's a good sixth member to have for catching stuff. Which is why I have one at level 80.

Farfetch'd, at least it seems that way to me.

His stats are pitiful, and that's why everyone seems to ignore him. But he has two HMs (Cut and Fly) and False Swipe, so he's a good sixth member to have for catching stuff. Which is why I have one at level 80.

I love farfetch'd too. I even use a swords dance set which makes him really powerfull.
He badly needs an evo though.

Yeah, Farfetch'd is pretty underrated. One of those ducks was my first shiny, and it did pretty well after a few Swords Dances.

Last edited:
lol I hate Farfetch'd, but I agree it is quite underrated. It nearly killed my 20 levels higher Serperior in White, and so far it has only lost, like, twice.
Actually, for me, Linoone. Everyone I know seems to lump it in with Furret and Watchog.

I know you'll berate me but when I first saw skarmory in gen 3, i thought it was worthless due to being a single evolution like other weak pokemon such as luvdisc and basculin.

druddigon..So far it has always lived in the shadows of other dragons but it has 120 base atk,dragon moves,superpower and sucker punch which make him a really good poke.

You forgot Glare, which helps paralyze his opponents to make up for his low speed. Special thanks to weinstein for pointing that out for me.

Breloom. Breloom is freaking boss, but it done don't git no luvin'.

Breloom's OU, so he's not underrated.

Jynx, she is actually a very good Pokémon, *dodges brickrain* i like her design and inspirations *dodges brickrain* and Ice/Psychic is an Awesome combination.

And she should get an evolution too.

Yanma. AMAZING LEAD

Seriously, Yanma with speed boost + protect, hypnosis, air slash and bug buzz is a BEAST.

Jynx, she is actually a very good Pokémon, *dodges brickrain* i like her design and inspirations *dodges brickrain* and Ice/Psychic is an Awesome combination.

And she should get an evolution too.

The concept of an opera singing viking is nice, but the look came out wrong, being used to make love with Brock and use voodoo dolls in a manga made the character look even more racist. Though, she's not underrated and deserves all the love she could get.

For me, Buizel.

Furret and Raticate, actually. At least in game. I once used both on a team in HG, and they kicked ass. Even though Furret only knew HM moves, it always outsped my opponents and did major damage, especially once I taught it Surf. Raticate gets Sucker Punch, Bite, and Hyper Fang all before it even evolves, and Crunch comes soon after. Dark type? Who needs a Dark type? My Raticate is in the top percentage of Raticates!

Furret and Raticate, actually. At least in game. I once used both on a team in HG, and they kicked ass. Even though Furret only knew HM moves, it always outsped my opponents and did major damage, especially once I taught it Surf. Raticate gets Sucker Punch, Bite, and Hyper Fang all before it even evolves, and Crunch comes soon after. Dark type? Who needs a Dark type? My Raticate is in the top percentage of Raticates!

I agree with you about these 2. And Rattata/raticate really became awesome in gen 4 due to those moves! screw dark types lol.

I, personally, think that Ditto is very underestimated. Mainly because some people don't understand what it's worth.
Here's a--true--example; I tried to trade a Ditto (about level 30) to my friend, and she just cancled our trade because it was a purple blob.
I love Ditto. I mean, seriously. Ditto can be any Pokemon in the Pokemon universe!

I also think that Smeargle has be mistaken because of how weak it is. I believe that if you take the time to train this Pokemon, it could be a great addition to your team.​

Rampardos. He suffered one heck of a hype backlash shortly after people realised how unwieldy he was, now nobody uses him.
He's actually pretty good under Trick Room, the power his Head Smash offers off the bat is just unreal.

Skuntank is awesome, and actually pretty useful. His Screech/Pursuit/Sucker Punch combo can really catch a lot of people off guard.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom