• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

Quilfish *Cries* and Swanna *Cries more* I mean sure it's weak against Electric, but it has great speed if you train it correctly, that and it's HP enables it to use Bravebird a lot.

Quilfish *Cries* and Swanna *Cries more* I mean sure it's weak against Electric, but it has great speed if you train it correctly, that and it's HP enables it to use Bravebird a lot.

Thing is, it lacks any coverage to deal with its crippling weakness, which is why Gyarados is the better choice, for it learns EQ via TM.

Lickilicky. Snorlax has been my favourite Normal-type for years, but Lickilicky has recently replaced it. Hits fairly hard, and has excellent HP and bulk. Oblivious and Own Tempo are rather useless abilities, but Black & White and the Dream World has given it something much better. Weather teams giving you trouble? Get a Lickilicky with Cloud Nine to remove all their precious effects, and watch your opponent squirm as they desperately try to remove the pink blob and fail. In all the time I've been playing Random Match-up battles, I've not seen one other person use it.

Last edited:
From how general fans look at it aesthetically, Rhyperior. I don't think it looks ugly at all. Heck, I think it looks pretty badass with all its armor, double horns, tail club, and ARM CANNONS.

From a battling perspective, Kingdra without rain. I have one that is a monster with just Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Outrage. Granted, rain helps her a lot, but still...

Can I say, Rapidash?

Rapi is great physical attacker. Impressive speed and attack.
Give it a Flare Blitz, and you're done.

Garbodor is indeed getting hate, and people comlain about it's design, and how the first 151 were the best, but they forget one thing.

MUK

For design-wise I think Voltorb and Electrode are a way too underrated. People always rants about how boring, uncreative, unoriginal and stupid those are, but imo those are actually great. Those have quite orginal and cool idea, actually having a really good and mysterious story behind them. Why should a Pokéball Pokémon look more creative than these two actually look? They are doing their job fine as they are.

I second that ! Plus, its Red / Blue sprites looked like Omastar is dancing ! :XD2:

Ledian
I myself love Pokébugs, but it is impossible to use that cute little thing.

About all the hate towards Garbodor, well, people really likes to bash new Pokémon and praise the old ones.
Garbodor >>>> MUK

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom