• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Move Animations

HM Move Animations

Just saying, I'm kind of sick of the dark bluish-purple fish thing you Surf on. I think in X and Y they should actually show what pokemon you're riding on. This shouldn't take too much extra work to do this. I think this should also be done for the other HM's also. Fly would great cutscene or minigame. This is kind of trivial, but it would make the games much more fun and inclusive, especially in 3D. what are your thoughts about this.

Since XY is gonna be in 3D, I'm expecting a lot for move animations. Honestly, I thought the move animations of Gen 4 and 5 were horrible. Gen 3 had the best animations and most accurate animations, in my opinion, but that's probably due to it's high frame rate... (not too sure where i'm going with this)

Since XY is gonna be in 3D, I'm expecting a lot for move animations. Honestly, I thought the move animations of Gen 4 and 5 were horrible. Gen 3 had the best animations and most accurate animations, in my opinion, but that's probably due to it's high frame rate... (not too sure where i'm going with this)

Yes and No, I do like a lot of them, like Ice Beam, I think it looked amazing in Gen III, but did you see Hyper Beam? It looked like if your Pokémon was vomiting its DNA on the opponent.

I want to see Blast Burn look kinda like it did in Gen III, but in 3D of course. Just any Fire moves really.

The animations suck! They're not good enough.

ohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmy

:(

But at least the physical attacks won't look like special attacks. We can call that a success. A great success, since it's been so much time! I'm looking forward to this game!

The new trailer's (Newtwo trailer) animations looked really really neat, I believe they were Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Blizzard and Psycho Cut.

Don't really know what that Fireball move was.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what physical attacks look like in this game does it show the pkmn making contact with the other pkmn like Battle Revolution please tell me!?!?!

The new trailer's (Newtwo trailer) animations looked really really neat, I believe they were Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Blizzard and Psycho Cut.

It was Tsukuyomi.

Does anyone know what physical attacks look like in this game does it show the pkmn making contact with the other pkmn like Battle Revolution please tell me!?!?!

In the first trailer Froakie hits a Patrat.

They seem to be taking a more pokemon Colosseum take to it in that the pokemon aren't necessarily confined to staying one spot.

Also the new animation's look pretty damn good so far.

It was Tsukuyomi

The japanese moon god?

Or is there a move whose japanese name is Tsukuyomi? a bulbapedia search only leads me to a friend area in the PMD games.

The move animations are glorious. I love the dynamic camera angles. I mean, imagine these in 3D:

FSdaLpa.gif

LbCCmym.gif

It was Tsukuyomi

The japanese moon god?

Or is there a move whose japanese name is Tsukuyomi? a bulbapedia search only leads me to a friend area in the PMD games.

^^' Actually I was kidding. It's also the name of a jutsu in Naruto and that's what it resembled to me~ Sorry about that.

It was Tsukuyomi

The japanese moon god?

^^' Actually I was kidding. It's also the name of a jutsu in Naruto and that's what it resembled to me~ Sorry about that.

Funnily enough, I know about that one, now if we could only get Sharingan as an actual ability = Instant Uber

After watching the new trailer, i'm kinda disappointed that physical moves doesn't make full contact like they did in Battle Revolution.

I would love more move animations with the awesome camera angle effect of the Ice-type move (Blizzard?) Mewtwo uses in its trailer debut video:

[video=youtube;QDjHurDpLoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjHurDpLoQ[/video]

After watching the new trailer, i'm kinda disappointed that physical moves doesn't make full contact like they did in Battle Revolution.

This I really don't understand.. Froakie looked like it made physical contact in the first trailer, yet Gogoat's Horn Leech doesn't seem so...
Why is that....??

This I really don't understand.. Froakie looked like it made physical contact in the first trailer, yet Gogoat's Horn Leech doesn't seem so...
Why is that....??
Not only that but Fletchling's Flame charge was a blast of fire instead of an actual charge, i'm hoping Close Combat with still make full contact like the move Froakie used in the debut trailer.

I cannot say that I'm surprised physical move animations fished out with the actual contact. Animating unique move animations for however many physical moves there are for 700+ pokemon would be a lot.

I cannot say that I'm surprised physical move animations fished out with the actual contact. Animating unique move animations for however many physical moves there are for 700+ pokemon would be a lot.
tumblr_m64pudJunv1r0p60j.gif

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom