• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

I think they'll get a plethora of new moves in the inevitable Gray Version.

Back on topic: I'm gonna get bricked for this, but I think Zekrom should get Volt Tackle. *dodges brick* I mean, if only for the fact that his Attack is better, and it's essentially a midway point between Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike. Basically, it's as easy as replacing Thunder with it in its Level-Up moveset.

Speaking of 120 Base Power Physical moves from a type that was originally all-Special, I think Tauros should learn Outrage over Thrash in its Level-Up moveset. Also, replace Giga Impact with Double-Edge. [I'd say Head Charge, but A.) It's called Afro Break in JP, and B.) Tauros and Bouffalant are nothing alike.]

Look at nearly every other starter from previous gens and then come back and say that. Especially Sceptile and INFERNAPE, who are both light and swift compared to Serperior. Hell, I could say what you just said about a good few other starters and lightweight mons too.

There is no excuse. The other snakes (Arbok/Seviper) are virtually the same size as Serperior, yet they can learn Earthquake, so I don't understand why you can't see it.

GF trolled on some of Unova's movesets imo, they are a bit smaller compared to other gens.

I still don't see it. Infernape and Sceptile both have strong enough legs to jumps and then slam into the ground, or maybe Infernape punches the ground, and Sceptile uses its tail.

I don't even understand how Seviper and Arbok use it either. Maybe they slam the ground, but I can't see Serperior doing this.

It's a big friggin' Snake. It could easily smash it's tail/head/body into the ground.

And what of Emploeon? Just how is any penguin going to cause an earthquake yet something based off a Python who is a bit bigger and bulkier can't?

I really think they messed up not giving Serperior/Samurott access to Earthquake, but of coarse they aren't the only ones hurt by that. I dunno why Beartic can't learn it either.

This isn't a question of bulk, because if it was many would not have access to Earthquake.

And what of Emploeon? Just how is any penguin going to cause an earthquake yet something based off a Python who is a bit bigger and bulkier can't?

Have you seen the size of Empoleons fins?!

I don't understand why Beartic doesn't bet Earthquake either..

Last edited:
Well.. I guess it fits since the penguin is based off of the god poseidon, who himself was referred to the earthshaker at times so thats probably why.

I don't understand why Kyurem can't learn Icicle Crash, wth?

Swellow should be able to learn Extremespeed, just for the fact that he is the fastest bird poke out there. Plus all the pokemon that learn it are much slower than he is.

I assumed Empoleon could use Earthquake because its steel typing made it extremely heavy and slamming its heavy body into the ground would create large shockwaves. So bascially, only because it's part steel.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot my own contribution! I think Bronzor should be able to learn Mirror Coat, considering that it's a mirror and all. The japanese name even takes from the word "mirror"

I think Sceptile needs Close Combat. Y'know with the whole "Forest Combat" and the bad-ass routine. I'd suit him well.
Druddigon needs Dragon Dance, most dragons can learn it... why not him?

I agree with Sceptile and Close Combat, but Dragon Dance is almost a complete waste on Druddigon because he is too slow to make good use of it.

Speaking of DD, I think that Flygon needs Dragon Dance.

Eelektross needs to have water attacks! After all, it's an Eel, which live in water! I was so outraged by Leroy's (my awesome nickname for him) lack of water attacks that I cheated to make him have Hydro Pump and Gunk Shot, the latter because I wanted him to be like the sewer electric eels on Crash Bandicoot 2

@Wumbo: I think Hydro Pump on Eelektross is a bit overkill, if not overly unrealistic. Water Pulse or the like would probably be better.

Eelektross needs to have water attacks! After all, it's an Eel, which live in water! I was so outraged by Leroy's (my awesome nickname for him) lack of water attacks that I cheated to make him have Hydro Pump and Gunk Shot, the latter because I wanted him to be like the sewer electric eels on Crash Bandicoot 2

It seems more similar to a leech, at least to me. Not all blood-sucking worm-like things live in water.

^ Some leeches can be found in water habitats, iirc.

Anyway, Flygon wants Quiver Dance and Dragon Dance, 'cause Flygon likes to dance... no, seriously, they both make perfect sense and then Quiver Dance would set it apart from the other dragons.

Close Combat should be given to more things, too. Weavile, Samurott, Scizor, Braviary, maybe even Luxray. I wouldn't want it to be too widely available, but it would work on a lot of pokemon.

7.) Swords Dance (This plus Flare Blitz= F--K THAT HURTS!)

Don't forget to add in a Guts boost, too.

But nice, I really like some of your ideas. Nasty Plot would be perfect for Eevee [Chimchar, Pichu and Togepi learn it, so why not Eevee -- Eevee has a dark side, too!]. Vaporeon would be sooo good with that. Very bulky and and decent Sp.Atk. Espeon would love it, too.

Last edited:
For a bit of fridge logic. Snivy should learn Guilitine... since he's supossably based on french royalty and we know what went down with them lol

^Hell yeah.

Back on topic: Call me crazy, but I think Durant should get Fire Fang (thinking of fire ants here). Yeah, I know, the bug's an entirely different ant, but remember, they gave a frog the ability to create Earthquakes, so it's not like it's impossible.
Then again, it IS a Steel-Type, so using it might be a Pokecide...

^Hell yeah.

Back on topic: Call me crazy, but I think Durant should get Fire Fang (thinking of fire ants here). Yeah, I know, the bug's an entirely different ant, but remember, they gave a frog the ability to create Earthquakes, so it's not like it's impossible.

Expanding on this, some Ant bites can feel like a burn. (apparently)

^Hell yeah.

I'd agree in most any other situation, but Durant's vulnerability to Fire has become a character trait of his. It wears steel armor to protect itself from Heatmor, realizing too late that it only makes it more vulnerable. Durant is famous for its aversion to fire (moreso perhaps than fellow bug/steels Scizor and Forretress or even Ferrothorn,) which is why I disagree with it getting any Fire attack.

Any other ant Pokemon however, and I'm right there with ya.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom