• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

I could see Purrloin/Liepard use Moonlight. After all, they ARE supposed to be black cats, right?
Speaking of cats, how come they don't get Bite? They have the mouths for it.

I could see Purrloin/Liepard use Moonlight. After all, they ARE supposed to be black cats, right?
Speaking of cats, how come they don't get Bite? They have the mouths for it.

I thought just the fact that they are cats would be enough reason...

Flygon and Quiver Dance would be pretty awesome.
After all, it looks like a Bug, it's in the Bug Egg-group despite being a dragon, and it doesn't get Dragon Dance.

Hmm, maybe Blissey could use Rapid Spin? It is egg-shaped, after all.

Along with Flare Blitz, Flareon could have Blaze Kick. Jolteon can already use Double Kick, so the standard has been set for Eeveelutions has been set. Poor Flareon needs a another good physical attack or two, Take Down and Fire Fang don't really cut it.

Blaze Kick? I don't know if that would work, since its legs are rather short.

There's also the fact that ONLY Jolteon is able to learn Double Kick. Blaze Kick just wouldn't work.

Thing desparately needs Flare Blitz, though.

I think that Flareon could use Flare Blitz and Wild Charge to become somewhat of a pseudo-Arcanine in the future NU. Unfortunately, it will always be horribly outclassed by Arcanine and Entei in UU and RU, respectively.

OK, I've now found out that Entei doesn't get Wild Charge either. I think we've found another candidate for that move.

@Wumbo: I think Hydro Pump on Eelektross is a bit overkill, if not overly unrealistic. Water Pulse or the like would probably be better.

Its basically the same as having Thunder, therefore it isn't overkill. And why Water Pulse? I don't want my favourite pokemon to be weak. Actually I'm thinking surfing on my Eel would be the best choice.

It seems more similar to a leech, at least to me. Not all blood-sucking worm-like things live in water.

You think EEL-ektross is more similar to a leech? Alright then. The teeth are I guess, but having seen Eels before, and reading the name of the Pokemon, I can safely say that Eelektross is an Eel, thus it can live in water, and should use water type moves accordingly.

Leroy could serve you all with his dance moves btw

Last edited:
That's like saying that Sandshrew is a shrew merely because of its name, when it in fact isn't.

Eelektross might be a play on the electric eel (which explains its Electric typing), but it's so much more of a lamprey than an eel.

That's like saying that Sandshrew is a shrew merely because of its name, when it in fact isn't.

Have you seen a shrew before? Probably not, because they look pretty darn similar to Sand-SHREW, funnily enough.

The name is usually an indication of what it is based on, in this case - Eelektross. It's an EEL, with features from other animals, but still based on an Eel.

Edit: Accually I agree with other guy, it is more like a Lamprey, but it is still based upon an Eel

Still has features of a shrew, hense the name

Shrew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Bulbapedia can freely be edited, so I might as well say its origin is a Shrew and you will probably believe it.
Why would they call it sandshrew if it has nothing to do with a Shrew?

Last edited:
False edits like that ("Sandshrew's entire basis comes from the shrew", basically) are quickly changed back, the editor warned by talk page. It does look similar to a shrew, but it's chiefly based on a pangolin, and apparently "Sandshrew" is catchier than "Sangolin" or something similar.

Alrighty then, we have reached an understanding - Eelektross is primarily an Eel, but has features of Lampreys and Leeches.

So anyway, I tought my Samurott Sacred Sword. Who thinks that was a good idea? I am aware it is the signature move of those Legendaries, but I just wanted Sheldon to have that move...

Yeah, we're decidedly off-topic. Time to steer it in the right direction.

So, who else thinks Gyarados should get Crunch, and maybe Fire Fang and Thunder Fang? (It has no problem using Fire Blast and Thunder, XD.)

@Wumbo Well, Samurott has lots of moves that could pass as sword moves (Razor Shell, Swords Dance, Slash, X-Scissor, etc.), but its only Fighting move worth mentioning is Revenge. Even if it is intended to a signature move for the Muskedeers, I think Sacred Sword should be a little more widespread (Gallade, anyone?).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom