• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Murder, She Wrote 2: Endgame: The Rescue and the convict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote: Etrian Oddity

For giving me a mention. I think this already counts as a game related post/

Unvote: Etrian Oddity

Already got one of those posts in of course. And yes, this is a joke vote. Nothing for me to work with in this phase of the game.

FOS: Pikochu. Because joke voting.

...Nah, just kidding, it's way too early in the game to be pointing fingers like that as far as I'm concerned.

Now, so that we actually have something to discuss, I shall now introduce myself; I am Liam Ford, nice to meet you.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind if we got to know eachother before someone else is EXTERMINATED. so could you lot please state your names? Though if you have some reason you would prefer to keep to yourself, then I understand and shan't pressure you.

I got someone who fits the anime scene, because she's from Tokyo.

Her name is Hikari.

good morning

villager like always

Who's around to chat?

And can we double post? Cause I'm gonna be doing that.

It looks like we can, so long as we don't "abuse" it. Okay then.

@leetic, I'll buy the claim for now (because this is Bulbagarden and self-aware Millers are a thing, if I remember correctly), but that doesn't mean that you're cleared. Keep the hustle up.

Let's go.

You're actually being active in a mafia game? What's with that? :p

All joking aside, I have no real reads. But then again, we're 8 or so posts in so we'll just have to wait.`

Let's go.

You're actually being active in a mafia game? What's with that? :p

All joking aside, I have no real reads. But then again, we're 8 or so posts in so we'll just have to wait.`
I'm just trying to get my three posts per day phase so I don't get modkilled. :D

Oh, and I'm in the same (metaphorical) boat as you regarding reads, so all we can do is wait. *Plays around with a sonic screwdriver that is here for some reason*

I dont know how i'm meant to follow the 3 Posts a day in Day One, but we'll see.

*Obligatory I dont like joke votes post here.*

good morning

villager like always

Wait a second...

By villager, you mean vanilla, right?

And looking back on the original Murder She Wrote, there were no Vanillas/Villagers. Only power roles (Doctor, Cop, etc) and modified roles (Miller, etc).

Still a bit too early to say much, but it still looks a bit like a fakeclaim.

F.O.S. Beck

no, villager means villager, as in town, as in my alignment

villager = town, its a cultural difference in terminology

did the last game really have all PRs? tight setup then

i may or may not have a spicy PR

(i have a spicy PR)

Eh, Who knows, Aussie did say that he felt the setup in the last one favoured town, so there could very well be a Vanilla to balance things out a bit. But hey, that's just a theory... A Mafia Theory, thanks for reading.

Also, @Elieson, would you like to give us a dinosaur comic your wisdom about what's been going on so far?

I dont know how i'm meant to follow the 3 Posts a day in Day One, but we'll see.

*Obligatory I dont like joke votes post here.*

talk to me about one other player that has posted so far, anyone will do

Eh, Who knows, Aussie did say that he felt the setup in the last one favoured town, so there could very well be a Vanilla to balance things out a bit. But hey, that's just a theory... A Mafia Theory, thanks for reading.

Also, @Elieson, would you like to give us a dinosaur comic your wisdom about what's been going on so far?

WOULD I?!
21a5e64ee4.jpg

Yes. Nothing's going on so far.

Tl;Dr i didn't read the First run of the game but in an 8p no vanillas game, we're looking at what is at worst, 5:2:1, or 6:2 setup. Arguably, smaller sized games like this are gimmebait for either Masons (OC with confirmed alignments to each other), Lovers (OC with some sort of tie in) or Neighbors (OC). This cuts the need for any type of full time investigative role.

• If lovers exist in a game this size, then for balance to even remotely exist, the game probably has the lovers opposite aligned. Otherwise, following a Mislynch and a nightkill on same-aligned lovers, the game immediately goes from 6:2 to 3:2 and the game is virtually over, or 5:2:1 to 2:2:1 and it's kingmaker on D2 and that's just poor game design.
  • If masons exist then the game could really swing either way, since there's no double death associated with any particular playerslot. Same for Neighbors. All Masons dictate by existing is the number of additional Info roles and/or protective roles.

Protection arguably exists in the form of one of: Doc |or| Roleblock. With 9 player games, there'd more likely be a doc. IMO a hook exists, assuming masons/lovers/neighbors do, too. This is 8, meaning that the game can theoretically end in 3 days worth of gameplay (3 MLs + 3 NKs, if it's 6:2). Hookers > Doctors in these kinds of setups since they supplement an info role nicely and also offer protection in the form of kill stopping.

Miller claim is probably a legit thing but I suspect then that if the miller is real, then it's simply a Miller, is in fact town and exists to throw off an X-shot investigative role. If Miller exist, there shouldn't be Tracker/Watcher/Ninja included, because that's a lot of power to accommodate for and makes things really swingy.

In a game this small, Nonimportant roles are either Vanilla, or something like a joke role.

I'm pretty sure @Elieson is the most townie townie to ever town. He was caught with his pants down in Monty Python mafia but is not interested in squandering a short phase game like this by being scum and playing badly. It's too hard to blend in, in an 8p game anyway.

With the game just starting, @leetic looks townie for immediately jumping down Beck's throat with a FoS (an oddly noncommital first move) on a hunch. While I disagree with his concerns, the townie motivation is there.

@Etrian Oddity requested Names. In a setup like this, with flavor dependencies left and right, I would abstain from nameclaiming in the event that there's negative repercussions to hope don't exist. It's not a scummy thing to ask (by EO), but it's not gonna benefit town unless there's reason to trust EO, which right now, there isn't.

Hunch that @Kakashi Hatake (hilariously named after Light) is mafia aligned. Feels too complacent to throw out information, like trying to fit in. I don't buy it.

##Vote Kakashi Hatake

Not sure what to think about Beck. No thoughts on Pikochu/IGN/Zexy as of right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom