• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New/Old Pokemons in Unova! (COMPLETE new dex in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apparantly N's pokemon have this special sparkling animation when sent out into battle, not unlike shiny pokemon. What's that all about? I guess it's to identify them when they're encountered in the wild?

Last edited:
So, apparantly N's pokemon have this special sparkling animation when sent out into battle, not unlike shiny pokemon. What's that all about? I guess it's to identify them when they're encountered in the wild?

Its how you identify them when you find N's Pokemon in the wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Game Freak, just wow.

This is the fourth game in a row since DP to not let Stunky and Glameow be obtainable.

Seriously I wonder what there problem is with these pokemon to do something like that.

For Glameow's case, Skitty has already taken its spot as a normal type cat Pokemon as well as increase the presence of Pokemon who evolve via Moon Stone. For Stunky, I dunno, but it may something to do with Drapion being the better Poison/Dark type movepool wise.

So?

That doesn't mean they should make certain pokemon uncatchable for 6 years!
That's like saying Swellow and Pidove shouldn't all be catchable in the same game because they're the regional bird!

Last edited:

Its how you identify them when you find N's Pokemon in the wild.

Sweet. It looks pretty cool, and it actually looks quite a bit different than shiny pokemon. Nice... wait a second, will Zorua still shine like that with it's illusion ability when it's sent out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. It looks pretty cool, and it actually looks quite a bit different than shiny pokemon. Nice... wait a second, will Zorua still shine like that with it's illusion ability when it's sent out?

It's not on a team, so it can't take the form of any other Pokemon.

So the gift Pokemon from N have the sparkle animation, as well. Well I'm not sure if it would still sparkle with it's Illusion ability active.

So the gift Pokemon from N have the sparkle animation, as well. Well I'm not sure if it would still sparkle with it's Illusion ability active.

It probably doesn't. Now that I think of it, it's supposed to copy the other pokemon completely. It'll probably shine after its true form is revealed, like with shiny Zoroarks.

Good to know that I won't have to avoid running from every damn Pidove on the off chance that it might have belonged to N at some point.

Good to know that I won't have to avoid running from every damn Pidove on the off chance that it might have belonged to N at some point.

Are there specific locations where his "wild" pokemon appear, or are they wherever that kind of pokemon can be found? I wonder how rare they will be.

I'm a little confused.

Did they seriously make half the pokemon unavailable until after beating the game?
It seems like you also can't get any Ice types before battling Drayden.
There's Glaceon.

Nope, Twist Mountain is blocked off until post-game. (which is needed for its evolution)

So is Pinwheel Forest. In other words, IV Gen Eeveelutions are totally unobtainable before E4. I'm not pleased... ¬¬

I'm a little confused.

Did they seriously make half the pokemon unavailable until after beating the game?
It seems like you also can't get any Ice types before battling Drayden.
There's Glaceon.

Nope, Twist Mountain is blocked off until post-game. (which is needed for its evolution)

So is Pinwheel Forest. In other words, IV Gen Eeveelutions are totally unobtainable before E4. I'm not pleased... ¬¬

I'm not pleased either. Glaceon's my favorite Pokemon... Luckily, I have a copy of Black and my brother's DS I can trade my Eevee over to when it's time to evolve, then right back to Black 2 she'll go!

I'm actually not pleased with a lot of the Pokemon locations. There are huge chunks of Unova we can't get to and a lot of the Pokemon are sequestered to one or two routes. Or maybe it's just me and the fact that so many of the Pokemon I want to train that are in the new Unova Dex aren't available until the end. I suppose I'll trade over eggs or something.

"Oh cool, a Shiny Pokemon..."

"NOPE, just N's!"

:/

(can you nickname them since they're a different OT?)

"Oh cool, a Shiny Pokemon..."

"NOPE, just N's!"

:/

(can you nickname them since they're a different OT?)
I think I read somewhere that you can't

Completely normal Pokemon with no special moves or anything that I can't nickname. Thanks N! :)

So, anyway, kind of related, but are there new Pokedex Entries for the Unova Pokemon (I saw a translation of Kyurem's, so I'm guessing yes) and, if so, is there translations up anywhere? I like Dex flavor text.

Completely normal Pokemon with no special moves or anything that I can't nickname. Thanks N! :)

So, anyway, kind of related, but are there new Pokedex Entries for the Unova Pokemon (I saw a translation of Kyurem's, so I'm guessing yes) and, if so, is there translations up anywhere? I like Dex flavor text.
But surely N's Pidove is cooler than simply a Pidove. Even if all you're going to do is faint it, I'm sure you'll feel a much better sense of reward for doing so.

I've seen a few places mention his Zorua (...it's really spelled that way?) has 30 IVs in every stat. Maybe it's the same for all of them?

Also, seconded regarding the flavour text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom