• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Confirmed New Pokémon Discussion

It's kind of surreal...in a few months, we'll all be whining for Tabunne and Dancing Cactus to get an evolution. :p

Also, it's not really fit for this thread, but it's all but confirmed in my mind, Melkor's list has about...I think 15 non-evolvers by my count. That's pretty much on par with Gen 1.

Also, it's not really fit for this thread, but it's all but confirmed in my mind, Melkor's list has about...I think 15 non-evolvers by my count. That's pretty much on par with Gen 1.

Towards the end, almost half of them evolved.

The reason why we're getting this a new "Generation I" is probably because Generation I is starting to get completed. The next few generations will focus mostly on making evolutions of Isshu's Pokemon. This is what I think.

I really love Monmen and it's evolution. And I really like the descriptions for the spider Pokemon. And I really like the new, wild, wacky type combinations out there.

They may have outdone themselves this generation. Next time, they'll have the 3DS to contend with (and it's going to be such a wonderful system. I'm glad to see it usher in the new handheld era), meaning they may not want to devote such an extensive amount of time to the Pokemon themselves like this gen. We could be seeing another "Gen 2" in regards to the number of Pokemon and the evolved additions.

I've noticed on the forums that nobody seem to think that Choroneko is the pre-evolution of the panther. They're side by side and they're the same type... Maybe they're not. Hmmph..

They may have outdone themselves this generation. Next time, they'll have the 3DS to contend with (and it's going to be such a wonderful system. I'm glad to see it usher in the new handheld era), meaning they may not want to devote such an extensive amount of time to the Pokemon themselves like this gen. We could be seeing another "Gen 2" in regards to the number of Pokemon and the evolved additions.

when you put it like that it sounds like pokemon could be entering a sort of renaissance era

The reason why we're getting this a new "Generation I" is probably because Generation I is starting to get completed. The next few generations will focus mostly on making evolutions of Isshu's Pokemon. This is what I think.
Nevermind the fact that the three generations that followed Generation II didn't consist entirely of Generation I evolutions (if at all), and have their Pokémon that would greatly benefit from the evolution treatment. This even goes for Generation II, despite the focus it was recently given.

Generation V is not that different from Generation III.

Nevermind the fact that the three generations that followed Generation II didn't consist entirely of Generation I evolutions (if at all), and have their Pokémon that would greatly benefit from the evolution treatment. This even goes for Generation II, despite the focus it was recently given.

Generation V is not that different from Generation III.

I never said that Generation V is different from Generation III. I was just stating that Generation V is like Generation I.

EDIT: Scratch what I said, I read ya wrong. D:

Last edited:

I never said that Generation V is different from Generation III. I was just stating that Generation V is like Generation I.
No, its like Gen III, which was also trying to be Gen I, Gen V just did a better job.

I'm loving Desukan, Buffaron, Denchura, and Ononokusu. They look pretty epic! The monkeys are interesting as well with how they're part of a theme and all.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for all these new pokemon!

The electric/bug spider is seriously my favorite of the genV pokemon so far followed closely by rankurusu

I can see it now

Resident Evil

with Pokemon!

I'd rather have it be Left4dead :p
But anyways, It looks like desukhan is a mon that will be in my team.
Denchura looks like a digimon imo.

Denchura looks like a digimon imo.

I don't really agree given the fact that it looks a lot like how Ariados is designed. So unless you think Ariados looks like a digimon I don't see how Denchura is besides there's much better qualifiers than Denchura (which is the bottom of the barrel in my opinion.

Anyway did anyone's favorite Pokemon change with the revealed Pokemon. Previously it was Lucario (mostly to do hype, which isn't good actually).

But now I can conclusively say now, I have an absolute favorite. Denchura. Favorite Pokemon ever. I don't care if its stats suck, its going on my team and Imma gonna kick ass with it.

My favorite Pokemon is Desukaan. It looks awesome. The electric spider is also amazing.

I don't really agree given the fact that it looks a lot like how Ariados is designed. So unless you think Ariados looks like a digimon I don't see how Denchura is besides there's much better qualifiers than Denchura (which is the bottom of the barrel in my opinion.

It's the eyes... Idk but it reminds me of digimon.

Anyway did anyone's favorite Pokemon change with the revealed Pokemon. Previously it was Lucario (mostly to do hype, which isn't good actually).

But now I can conclusively say now, I have an absolute favorite. Denchura. Favorite Pokemon ever. I don't care if its stats suck, its going on my team and Imma gonna kick ass with it.

lol.... someone will always say a pokemon looks like a digimon.... why even fight it anymore... this is the first i've seen for denchura though XD

as for my favourite pokemon it will ALWAYS be raichu. but denchura is my new favourite bug - by far - he will finally get me to use a bug pokemon, which i have never, ever seen a reason for doing.

i am SO excited to see his baby form if he has one -- i just am in LOVE with this spider! he's so complex on top of it all, he's just better than i could have hoped, i can gush for hours about him! we waited MONTHS to see more than his ass and so far no matter where i go NOBODY is disappointed at all with his face -- nay, he's now got ten times the fans as he did before.

in my opinion ariados' design is much simplier than denchura and denchura's design reminds me of some monster from other game maybe yu-gi-oh? but so what? he still is a good pokemon!!!

does anyone else but me think gigaiasu's stage 1 pokemon look like beldum's eye??

Wait Dangoro evolves into Gigaisu? I don't think it will go directly to it there will probably be at least one stage between them because Dangoro looks too much like a baby pokemon to me Gigaisu actually reminds me of Metagross a lot.

Back
Top Bottom