• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon Game?

I hope we don't get remakes of Gen III already 3 years from now. -_-;

Gold and Silver remake, bla bla bla

Think about it, the chances are very slim for a remake of Gold. I want one also but... The only reason a red and green/red remake was to get all the Pokemon in one generation so that eliminates the need for a remake of Gold and Silver.

This is true, but apparently you haven't heard about:

- The numerous (too the point of being sickening) Johto cameos in D/P
- The "From: Johto" tag found in the Trainer's Memo for Diamond and Pearl.

.....yeah, still holding down the five dollars for GSADV, but I'd LOVE to see:

Wii Snap
Wii Pinball/DS Pinball
Wii Ranger

I DON'T want a GS remake because:

* There's no need for one since we have all the Pokemon
* GSC were the weakest of all 4 generations and would need a major overhaul in quality and CPU opponent's levels to be challenging, so that the final Gym Leader's Pokemon of Johto aren't at a paltry average of level 37.
* Kanto would look like ass compared to FireRed and LeafGreen, even with a graphical overhaul, if it remained true to GSC.
* It would set an annoying prescident for having a remake for every new generation. I for one don't want to see DP remade just six years from now.

I hope we don't get remakes of Gen III already 3 years from now. -_-;

Well, I guess that's more dependant on whether Gen 4 will be compatible with Gen 5. A large part of the driving force behind remakes of R/G and G/S (aside from obviously improving them graphically and mechanic-wise, oh - and money) is that they were effectively cut out because R/S couldn't connect to them.

If the 5th Gen is on the DS (I'd rather imagine it will be), there wouldn't really be much need for a R/S remake, Ruby/Sapphire would still be compatible with the new games and therefore would still be worth playing to use with the new games.

I said before on this subject, though, that a 3D remake of R/S for the Wii wouldn't be a bad idea if they were really determined for a remake of it.

That's getting MILES ahead of ourselves though.

Also, I've gone over what I'd like to see from a G/S remake to improve it over the definitely broken originals about a dozen times on this forum before and I can't really be bothered to do it again. They're out there if anyone's extremely curious.

Also, saying we "have all the Pokemon" is tenuous really.We CAN obtain them all in D/P eventually, but we can't actually train a lot of them in game, during the main game's plot. I also can't be alone in wishing to play through a main Pokemon game with the Johto Pokemon being the focus again, not to mention wanting to use one of the new evolutions in a Gym Battle.

We can obtain all the Pokemon in D/P yes, but a G/S remake would enable us to use them. I'd be rather dissapointed if we never got to take an Electivire or a Magmortar to a gym for some pwnage.

Last edited:
Oh, I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about the remakes if they were done in pretty 3-D with a lot of new artwork and placed on the main console.

If the 5th Gen is on the DS (I'd rather imagine it will be), there wouldn't really be much need for a R/S remake, Ruby/Sapphire would still be compatible with the new games and therefore would still be worth playing to use with the new games.

More than one generation of Pokemon has never been released on the same handheld. GSC were sort of an exception, since they were compatible with GB and GBC, but they were promoted more towards Color than anything. I suspect that Generation V will be released on the successor to the DS, whatever it may be - problably just a DS with double the processing power and improved minor features.

I also like the idea of a Pokemon Pinball sequal.

The GBC one covered RBY, and the GBA one covered R/S. (GSC was skipped here...even though some GSC Pokemon are in the R/S dex)

We haven't had a DS Pokemon Pinball yet, and that would cover the D/P Pokedex. I really hope we get that.

The worst part about the Pinball games is they never have more than 4 boards, which is a ridiculously low amount. I wouldn't buy another one unless it had a board for every version. Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, and Pearl. It can't be hard to put together a design for one board.

problably just a DS with double the processing power and improved minor features.

I'd say the DS's lifespan could easily reach into another 3/4 years, but even if we see the next generation on the next system - it probably will play DS games and may still have the GBA slot on it - though if it does, it would almost exclusively be for Pokemon's sake.

One can argue, though, that the IR port on the GBC, the GC-GBA Link Cable and Wii <--> DS communication have all been pushed into existence more or less exclusively by Pokemon.

Also, for a game that sold about 20 copies, I have to say I'm surprised by the level of support for Pokemon Snap...

Last edited:
First, Pokémon Snap was a Player's Choice Million Seller, and second, every new system is a new Generation, and they're gonna need to do some more RPGs so we don't keep waiting, so what better to do than to open up the gates to Johto?

Also, for a game that sold about 20 copies, I have to say I'm surprised by the level of support for Pokemon Snap...

Snap was the greatest game of all time. >:eek:

Considering my Pokémon-hating sister managed to get addicted to it? That says something, I think...

First, Pokémon Snap was a Player's Choice Million Seller, and second, every new system is a new Generation, and they're gonna need to do some more RPGs so we don't keep waiting, so what better to do than to open up the gates to Johto?
Just pointing that out again since my post will be ignored 'cause of the rapid quote.

I didn't say it was a bad game, I just recall it selling rather poorly.

Didn't know it had hit a million sales, everything I've seen on it has said it was well received critically but no-one bought the game.

Maybe the N64 itself was to blame there?

I dunno... it'd be nice to have GSC made just so that you can play all the "versions"... I guess it the word I'm looking for... on the DS. REGIONS. That's the word. Johto is the only region you can't play on the DS.

I thought pkmn snap sold pretty well, being in the middle of the pokemon merchandising hight. I'd want one for the Wii... but with Freedom of movement and adventure game elements (of puzzle solving and tool using). Pokemon Snap has to be among the best of the Pokemon Spin offs.

I doubt it's a GS remake... I'd want one though. I still pretty much doubt FR/LG had anything to do with giving players a sense of completeness, but more of something to show off the development of the series. I think a GS Remake would also be nice for that reason.. both games have the nostalgia feeling.

Also, GS needs a serious update with the graphics (compared to the rest) It also be nice to see the world remade in the DP engine. Johto had a lot of pretty places to see, but everything was done on a GBC.

I'd probably want to Kanto changed too though.. it was pretty depressing before. Then being able to use the old monster balls. I guess real proof of there being a GS game would be if they have sprites for the Johto exclusive arcon balls.

Last edited:
Oak is right, and I'm sadly one to blame for this, as I've been discussing the G/S remake myself.

We need to think of new ideas! An actual action game for the Wii would be fun, not something slow or gimmicky like Dungeon or Ranger.

WiiSnap would be the best spinoff they could do right now. That would sell so well. It'd be stupid not to make it.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom