• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon Game?

I wanna third Pikachu game. I missed out on Hey You, Pikachu and Pokémon Channel, so I want to see what they're all about.

*is shot* x.x

Gold and Silver remakes (although I wouldn't mind waiting for gen 5), a third TCG game (GOD YES! With WiFi, of course!), Wii Snap, or something totally new would be nice. I don't want seuqels to Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, or Pinball beause I've barely just started the first two and pinball is rather boring if not playing at an actual machine (then again, I haven't played a DS pinball game yet).

I'm serious about the Pikachu game.

Last edited:
Dood, I played Pokemon Channel like ten days straight. I loved it.

G/S remake aside (which I would LOVE, btw), I think I'd hope for Wii Snap. I loved the first one and there are so many more pokemon now that they could make a longer game out of it. I have yet to play Mystery Dungeon or Ranger, so I'd be pretty neutral on sequels for those.

I missed out on Hey You, Pikachu and Pokémon Channel, so I want to see what they're all about.
The GameCube is hardly obsolete. It is more reasonable to buy Channel than to cross fingers for an equivalent Wii game.

It has occurred to me that if and when Gold and Silver remakes surface, the need in the GBA games for National Dex completion will be substantially reduced (the Hoenn Pokémon could be later addressed in the third game to Diamond and Pearl). Unfortunately, Diamond and Pearl's interaction with the GBA games is limited to Pokémon captures. As such, it is my personal hope that 2007 will see better use of the DS' GBA port, to a far greater extent than Diamond and Pearl's Pal Park and similar features.

To that end, a DS game developed by Game Freak with large focus on the GBA games would best meet my expectations.

As such, it is my personal hope that 2007 will see better use of the DS' GBA port, to a far greater extent than Diamond and Pearl's Pal Park and similar features.

You just want to be able to switch the Special/Physical movesplit back and forth. In which case, I fail to see why GBA games would be necessary to do so when they could build that in as an optional feature in a GSC remake. A snowball's chance in the deepest pits of Hell of seeing that of course, but I fail to see why GBA connectivity would be needed to "downgrade" the battle system as an option.

I think I'd want another hey-you pikachu game... I just wish it hard more verity, like Nintendogs, but with monsters :p

Also, I'd want it on the DS... and letting you keep 3 monsters. I guess monsters would have to all be in the lowest level form (except for pikachu)... well, its unlikely, but I want to have a pet sim without being forced to use the pika..

I still would prefer channels to be in Animal Crossing instead of Pokemon...

I have Gale of Darkness for gamecube or whatever and I haven't played it too much but I wish it was like the Pokemon rpgs from the portables instead of your scooter taking you everywhere.

Actually, Genius Sonority should take a shot at a DS RPG involving Orre, where you actually don't have a vehicle taking you everywhere.

I wouldn't mind a DS game in which you have to revitalize Orre to lure wild Pokemon back and start a League up . . .

Zeta said:
You just want to be able to switch the Special/Physical movesplit back and forth. In which case, I fail to see why GBA games would be necessary to do so when they could build that in as an optional feature in a GSC remake. A snowball's chance in the deepest pits of Hell of seeing that of course, but I fail to see why GBA connectivity would be needed to "downgrade" the battle system as an option.
The idea is to treat the Nintendo DS in terms of the GameCube to the GBA, rather than what we have come to know it as in Diamond and Pearl. It should have been done before Diamond and Pearl, but it was not. I am merely musing that Game Freak might be interested in not tossing their plans for the GBA games on the DS altogether, before moving onto the Gold and Silver remakes. It is still only the beginning of the new generation, and at this stage Game Freak would profit by releasing any game in their arsenal.

I wouldn't mind a DS game in which you have to revitalize Orre to lure wild Pokemon back and start a League up . . .
Such a game, for example, I imagine would be better suited to making extensive use of GBA connectivity, as opposed to trading with Diamond and Pearl.

That would be different.

*Gets a cargo jet to dump PokéSnacks across the region*

Where the hell do Trainers in Orre get their Pokémon? X_x

I want it to be Ranger 2.
Using the Capture Styler with the Wii Remote would be neat.

I'd prefer a Hey You! Pikachu with the Wii remote. Sort of a Nintendogs virtual pet affair where you get to raise some cute and popular Pokemon (Like say, the starters from Mystery Dungeon along with the DP starters and maybe Munchlax or Bonsly) using the Wiimote as a pointer to pet and manipulate them and objects and do Hey You! Pikachu miniquests and such.

I hated Hey You! Pikachu because the microphone broke when I rented it.

"THUNDERBOLT, NOT GO FISHING"

My speech impediment greatly interferred with an otherwise interesting game of Hey You Pikachu...

But, dude, if they make one I'd love if you could choose other Pokemon like...Kricketot *drools*

I want either a Mystery Dungeon or Ranger sequel, or a GS remake, for the DS. For the Wii, a Sequel to XD.

Alright here are my thoughts;

To begin with, I would honestly be happy, to see Gold and Silver remakes for DS. Taking into account, the fact that Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver were released 3-4 years after Red and Green, as well as FireRed and LeafGreen being out for about the same time.
Now whether it will or will not be a Gold and Silver remake is not to be said as of yet... It is true that all Pokemon of Johto are available in various versions of Pokemon RPGs. However, let's not oversee the fact that even though Colosseum was out, Pokemon of it could be found afterwards in Pokemon Emerald, while those of Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, where available for snagging in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.
However, there is something too important, that should we should not forget. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are still selling crazily in Japan, if new Pokemon RPG were to release, it would surely spoil the current selling of Diamond and Pearl.

On another note, it would be high time, for a Pokemon Pinball sequel to be released. Although it would not amaze fans as much as GS remakes, it would still promote Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, the way they wanted. I don't want to believe that something like this will happen, although I enjoyed both Pokemon Pinballs myself.

Furthermore, Pokemon Colosseum released exactly a year after Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Just recently Genius Sonority opened a website, seeing that there are high chances of them having a Pokemon RPG Project for Wii on. Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, sold well, apart from being a bit boring, in my honest opinion. It would be great to see a Pokemon RPG on Wii, but if Genius Sonority was the one to make it, having it as sequel to Colosseum and XD, I'd rather say no...

As for sequels to Pokemon Channel and Hey, you Pikachu!, I'm also against them. The first Pikachu simulator never released in Europe, due to its bad selling in USA and Japan. Pokemon Channel, wasn't better as well. If a Pokemon Pet Simulator was to release, I think that it would be on DS. Something similar to Nintendogs, probably.

About sequels to Mystery Dungeons, no. As previously mentioned, most of Mystery Dungeons Games have only one game, and besides, there is no need to have one as of yet, since the Blue Rescue force is still out there, wouldn't be too much technologically surpassed; not because it is not possible, but due to the style of Mystery Dungeons games. If a sequel was to be made, I think we'll have to wait at least until 5th Generation.

As for Ranger, chances are still low. To begin with, HAL Laboratories' main project is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a game that requires a big deal of research until it is out. However, this is less important than the fact that Ranger is still selling in both USA and Japan. I think there might be a Ranger sequel, but probably not yet.

There are also chances, even low, to see sequels of previous Pokemon Spinoffs. And yeah, I'm talking about games like Pokemon Snap, TCG, Puzzle Games, and other forgotten, yet amazing games. Pokemon Snap would be the greatest to have a sequel, in my opinion, because of the Wii Remote. HAL Laboratories, which developed it, are busy with Brawl. However, Brawl is almost to be released, so, it is not impossible that they would be working on another game. As for Trading Card Game, despite the fact that I doubt there will be a sequel of it, I would definitely be happy to play it once again. I really enjoyed the first one, which I had the chance to play. The fact that the second installation of the card game didn't go well, minimizes the chances for us to see it again.

Finally, I suggest that a new Pokemon Game, with no other games having something in common with it, would be the best to see. I would cut my vains to see something Final Fantasy-ish with Pokemon characters in it... XD
Let alone the fact that we saw other games with Square Enix characters and Nintendo characters merged!! DAMN! JUST IMAGING A POKEMON ACTION RPG FOR WII!! OH COME ON!! LET IT BE SQUARE AND WHATEVER WOULD BE GREAT!! : D

Anyway... Let it be Puzzle, Pinball, Ramake, whatever... I just hope it will be a great game!

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom