• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo vs. Xbox vs. Sony

In your opinion, which company is the best?

• Nintendo

Votes: 56 62.2%
  • Xbox

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Sony

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo. Apart from the old Sega machines, and the first playstation, I've never actually got any other console besides those that have been made by the big N. I guess that makes me a pretty shitty example of a gamer, huh?
In any case, the types of games I generally like are released on their side, particulary the platformers, so that's what I stick with.

I'm sure I'm probably missing out on a few good games with the other two though, which kinda sucks.

Nintendo, for the games. That's right XBOX and PS3, I don't care if you invented a control-less system or play movies, you don't have Mario or Pokemon. So stop ruining my life and GTFO. By now, you should all know that I despise COD and nobody loves Pokemon in my area, so I'm NOT planning on owning one of those consoles.

Why does everyone in this thread keep assuming the xbox only has generic FPS games?

The xbox 360 has a lot more then just FPS games. It also has RPG, RTS, Racing, platformers, and then on XBLA it has even more great games.

Finally, Nintendo is the one who actually innovates - at E3 this year, everyone was ripping off of the Wii's motion controls. XD

Not to mention, while this was going on, Nintendo was busy stealing the show with the next big thing: 3D gaming... done right. Take notes, Sony. Oh, that's right. You don't need us to tell you, we know you're taking notes already.:p

I'll always be a big Nintendo fan more so than anything else, and I don't think that's going to change.

But unlike some people I've seen (not in this thread), where fan boys/girls get really extreme, I'm not going to do that with Nintendo. Because I do realize that while I really like Nintendo and their games, they don't cover everything that I find appealing. Some of the stuff I find appealing are unfortunately on other consoles, and chances are when someone creates a really specific game I'd find really appealing, I'm saddened to think that they would think of Sony or Microsoft first, simply because their system's hardware is if I'm not mistaken superior to that of Nintendo's systems. But again those are specific games that would only work best on a PS3 or and 360 over the Wii, because as we know it really is up to the developer of the games, assuming their not brand "console" specific games. Because a lot of games can be shared on different consoles. Such as Resident Evil 4 and other games.

So yeah while I really am a big Nintendo fan, there are games like Halo that I will likely not be seeing on any of Nintendo's consoles and games similar to it that are console specific.

So while I will choose Nintendo as being superior, in an ideal world where I would be rich, I'd have the latest consoles no matter what company produces them.

Nintendo for me.

Nintendo's customer services are second to none; unlike Microsofts ("We'll send a label to send off your Xbox 360 for repair"....numerous years later...nothing). Nintendo has also been a big part of my life for a long time, starting with when I had a SNES, then an N64, then came Pokémon.

Final Fantasy was the main thing that attracted me to the Playstation. With XBox, when it first came out, me and my brother tried it out in the store, and the controller was so uncomfortable. We got a 360, but red ring of death got to it, and as I said above...Microsoft's customer service sucks.

The Wii has games everyone in my family likes and the PS3 is too expensive and has no games I'm interested in. XBox 360 has Call of Duty...but I have my GoldenEye 007; sure, it's nothing like the original, but it's a good FPS.

I also prefer the feel of the DS to the PSP.

I guess the main reason is...Sony make TVs and loads of other stuff, Microsoft make computers, with Nintendo, they only do games. It feels like more effort is put into them.

Last edited:
I picked Nintendo. great..no, not great. Pheonominal games, and awesome systems.

That's a jump in my vocabulary XD

Basically, Nintendo and Sony all the way. I love both companies, but being a Sony fanboy doesn't help Nintendo, but I do love my Nintendo. XBox is the worst console for me, bad controller, and you have to pay to go online, PS3 has much more child friendly games than XBox, but Nintendo will always win in the family department.

Really, who cares?

For me it's a tie between Nintendo and Xbox/Microsoft.

First off, Nintendo, obviously, has Pokemon. That automatically makes it awesome. But while Nintendo makes the great exclusive games like Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, and such, they don't really cover other genres that appeal to me and may appeal to a lot of others like shooters and other actiony games. Still, Nintendo has that sentimental value as its been around the longest and I've been living with it for most of my life.

Xbox and Microsoft, on-the-other-hand, has AMAZING graphics and can do so many things that Nintendo consoles cannot like maintaining a massive online community, ability to play movies and songs, etc. Xbox also has addictive games like the *raises shield* Call of Duty and Fable series and Kinect. Admittedly, I don't have and Xbox, but I've played it at several of my friend's, I love it, and I'm even planning on purchasing one.

So yeah. It's a close comparison for me, but ultimately Nintendo wins out. Quality over quantity, I guess. Pokemon FTW!!!

I'm sorry, I dislike Sony. DON'T HATE ME!!!

Nintendo for me. Im tired of hearing how it sucks, cause its not true at all.

Nintendo, obviously. Them being around the longest has the utmost respect from me, and not to mention that they know how to make games I like, and by like, I mean fun to play and have interesting settings and characters. I am not really interested in the more mature-inclined Xbox and Sony games, though...of course they have games that are not mature-inclined, but Nintendo is best at that category.

Thanks for reading.

I'm more Sony.

Just because I have a Sony HDTV, a PS3, and a PS2.

Sony for me. I mean, Nintendo is cool and all. But I hate the Wii's controller.(Which is why I'll never pick up that damn Move remote.) And really? Pokemon hasn't been good on the home consoles since the days of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. And I like the CoD series. Plus I can't play my Skate games on a Wii. Plus I like watching movies and playing music on my PS3. (I will agree however, that the PSP sucks ass. I can't wait to see what kinda shit Microsoft comes up with.) And as for the X-box, I hate it. :/ I mean, why the hell would I pay for the internet? And I don't wanna pay for something thats just going to break down with in the first month or two of me buying it. And I didn't like the first X-box either. I mean, the controller was just too damn big. :I I've been with Sony since the PS1, and I am not disappointed. :D

I personally like Nintendo the best. I never really cared for the Play Station systems, but I love the Xbox 360 and the Wii. I only voted for Nintendo because they know how to take advantage of innovative and fun gameplay concepts (and the music in their games is awesome). Xbox 360 has some great games such as the Halo series, and Kinect isn't bad either. Both companies are awesome, but my vote would have to go to Nintendo.

Seeing as this is a Pokemon board, I shouldn't be surprised that most of the users are going to go with Nintendo. XD

That being said, I also have to go with Nintendo. Their games are pretty much second to none for me. Though, in the past year or so, the PS3 HAS gotten quite a few games that make me consider buying one. Eventually, anyway.

There are a few things that Nintendo could stand to work on, however. Third-party support for one. Plus, their rather draconian methods of handling online support really leaves a lot to be desired, especially looking at the competition.

Nintendo as they have a wide verity of great games for there systems and with seris like Mario,Pokemon,Legend of Zelda,Kirby,Super Smash bros,Metrod,EarthBound/Mother and so much more only on nintendo I think they win hands down.

Also the Xbox,Ps3 brake down to easy compared to the wii and other nintendo consals I think.

Also they brought back video games from the died when altri killed them and made them insanly popular agein lets see any one easle do that!

Nintendo all the way. I'm not saying this to be mean, but from my experience, 360 and PS3 games are lame. And for those who say Wii is just for kids, try playing Metroid or Zelda. Plus SSBB is totally epic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't pretty much like the console wars. I do like to Nintendo DS, it the only thing I'm playing. Don't own the Wii, PS3 X-box360 and PSP.

Though I'm interested in the PSP, but prefer the DS because it had a longer battery life, don't got a irritated sound like the PSP, no load times. It Dragon Quest 9 and I want to get Okamiden.

If you have a memory stick and download your games from the PSN, you have few load times.

Oh, and one more thing, contrary to popular belief (at least over here), nintendo consoles do break:

2009_0927-DS0047.jpg

And I know people who have also killed their DS lites.

If nintendo fixed that and their online play, and got better 3rd party support, then, I might like them more then Microsoft. But until then, I mostly prefer PC and 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom