• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

That's another fan term for now, but I don't reject it. Masuda has said that LGPE could start a subseries.

Anyway, the lack of any LGPE news at Worlds makes new Megas very unlikely. It would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal one - certainly a better use of time than the Detective Pikachu charade was.

That's another fan term for now, but I don't reject it. Masuda has said that LGPE could start a subseries.

Anyway, the lack of any LGPE news at Worlds makes new Megas very unlikely. It would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal one - certainly a better use of time than the Detective Pikachu charade was.
Are worlds over yet? Is it true that they aren’t going to show anything new about LGPE at worlds?

Worlds continues until tomorrow, so I'm sure there is still time for something.

But with how tight-lipped GF is being about any new features, I'm doubtful.

Main series related news are usually on Saturdays, if I remember correctly.
Today was GX Tag Team and Detective Pikachu film news, but I don't think that's indicative of no LG news (it would set a precedent though)

So, Serebii posted a new video on the site today showcasing the PokeDex. It looks good tbh, but I wonder what the Dex is going to look like this time. It seems to me like a hybrid of the PokeDex from HeartGold/SoulSilver, but with a hint of the Rotom Dex.

In past years, either the main series news was part of the opening ceremony or there was no news (2015). In 2016 and 2017, Worlds started on Friday just like now.

I'm still gonna. But I'm gonna be salty about it.

Literally me.

The worst thing is that they will probably spoil some stupid gimmick or plot episode or similar a month prior game's launch and everybody will lose their minds ((maybe? Who actually knows?)), like Rainbow Rocket for USUM.

Honestly, ugh. This was the best oportunity to show that new Pokémon.

Literally me.

The worst thing is that they will probably spoil some stupid gimmick or plot episode or similar a month prior game's launch and everybody will lose their minds ((maybe? Who actually knows?)), like Rainbow Rocket for USUM.

I completely agree. I mean, there is still tomorrow to show something. And then we may see something new on August 31st.

Then possibly something in September and most likely little to nothing in October.

Say that the only things left to reveal (that weren't in RGBY) are the new Pokemon and a plot episode accompanying it. How would you reveal them? Just the Pokemon now without alluding to its plot?

It will be revealed next month judging from the merchandise listing.

Really? A Pokédex video? Where’s my minigames? Game Freak better not have removed minigames from Kanto as well. :mad:

Say that the only things left to reveal (that weren't in RGBY) are the new Pokemon and a plot episode accompanying it. How would you reveal them? Just the Pokemon now without alluding to its plot?

Makes sense to reveal both at the same time but it is still a completely missed opportunity to be honest.
There were a lot of things they could have shown but not even a new trailer :/

Makes sense to reveal both at the same time but it is still a completely missed opportunity to be honest.
There were a lot of things they could have shown but not even a new trailer :/

How’s this opportunity really any different from the next, though? It’s one Pokémon, and it’ll be all over the net as soon as it’s revealed one way or the other. If anything, I’d imagine that holding out on it for longer might be more beneficial from Game Freak’s point of view. Mysterymon is really the one big new piece of content these games have to offer, so it’s kind of like an ace in the hole. Some people might be looking at these games hesitantly right now, but the new Pokémon should generate some decent buzz. And the closer its reveal is to the games’ release date, the less time there is for that buzz to wear off and for people to rethink their purchase.

I think it’s also quite wishful to think that any trailer they might have shown off would have been any different from the ones they’ve been releasing thus far - that is, one that just reiterates things that we-not-of-the-general-public already know are in the game and won’t find interesting. At that point, cue everybody acting surprised by how there’s really not anything new to these games, and complaining about the trailer being unimpressive. Besides, TPC make tons of cash off of the franchise’s other merchandise as well. A feature film and a new TCG card type aren’t going to make anyone in this forum’s head explode, but they’re far from nothing.

Really? A Pokédex video? Where’s my minigames? Game Freak better not have removed minigames from Kanto as well. :mad:

What minigames? Kanto’s only ever had like, three, unless you also count the Game Corner, and they were never all that significant (or even easily accessible, until the Yellow VC let everyone play Pikachu’s Beach).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom