• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Hmm, Gamefreak seems to have trademarked two moves:

"Double Blaze" and "Full Metal Wall".

Take that as you will.

Signature moves of the one new Pokemon?

If they’re going to be the signature moves of the new Pokemon they’re probably STAB moves, and the names of the moves suggest they’re Fire and Steel type.
So the new Pokemon is a Fire/Steel Type?

Fire would make sense if it lurks in Cinnabar Volcano. But they couldn't have done better than Heatran's typing?

Then again, there is no reason why those moves couldn't be for two separate Pokemon. People assume that we're dealing with one mythical, but the Special Pokemon description implies otherwise. If the one we're getting soon isn't a mythical (uh, that seems like a given to me), there should be another one for the next movie.

Last edited:
Is it possible they're just new moves in general, and not necessarily signature moves?

It seems possible, but it is a little weird that they would introduce new moves in a remake for Pokémon that have been around for 21 years. Unless this is for the gen 8 games in which case who knows.

Signature moves of the one new Pokemon?
That's my only guess. (And just in case there's any doubt, this was trademarked by Gamefreak and Creatures, so I think it's almost definitely for Pokemon.) It's a little early to trademark moves for Gen 8, and I feel like there's not too much need to trademark most moves. I'd say either sig moves for the new mythical/exclusive or maybe some kind of new Z-stone equivalents?

Hmm, Gamefreak seems to have trademarked two moves:

"Double Blaze" and "Full Metal Wall".

Take that as you will.
In which country?
Where can you find the trademarks?
Or is this a "leak".

EDIT: Found them.

I think it's possible that it's for TCG.

Last edited:
If it were for the TCG, wouldn't the Pokemon Company being registering them, not Game Freak?

I think its for gen 8, since it strikes me as a little odd if they are gonna trademark moves so late in development, facing a risk those trademark names are already taken, especially taking in mind that the games are in their finalization fase or already in the testing fase (If the latter is the case, good luck changing the trademarks if they are already taken, since it means they need too abandon testing too put in new moves).

Come too think off it: Full Metal Wall - Stakataka Themed TCG Set - It literally is a Wall and the name for me comes over as a Iron Defense kinda move, i think having 2 of them is basically pointless, unless Full Metal Wall raises Special Defense.

Double Blaze - Blacephelon Themed TCG Set.

This could easily be for an upcoming TCG expansion, just like Phantom Gate. That one listed Game Freak, Nintendo and Creatures.

@TheRealMattHunt

Is Game Freak the only company listed as the registrant? Are you aware of Z-moves or other moves ever being trademarked?

Nintendo and Creatures is on their too. Don't know if moves have ever been trademarked before. Sets for the TCG is possible I suppose, though those trademarks only list video game things from what I can see.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom