• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

The best part about the games is that they are going to introduce Kanto to a lot of kids. I have a nephew who would probably love them, but I haven't even mentioned them to him because I don't really feel like buying him a Switch (I don't have one myself). I'll see if he can appreciate Yellow or FRLG instead.

I wonder how many people are looking to get the game simply to enjoy the story. I know I am.
That's me. Like Lillie, I'm a fan that wants to experience every main series game, even if it's a remake.

I know a lot of people are passing on this game because they think it's going to lack content, but I think that it's going to be full of stuff to do, people are just being negative about it because it's not Gen VIII.

That's me. Like Lillie, I'm a fan that wants to experience every main series game, even if it's a remake.

I know a lot of people are passing on this game because they think it's going to lack content, but I think that it's going to be full of stuff to do, people are just being negative about it because it's not Gen VIII.
Exactly! I'm just on the fence since I'm am a fan and want to experience Pokemon but worried if future core main games might get affected but I'm sure they knew the outrage was coming since they assure fans the game they wanted is next year so I'll look to see how it does.

I agree. It's nice to see people wanting the game to be good even though it's not for them. I have seen to many "I hope it flops" posts already.

You don't generally want any games within a series flopping if you can avoid it, especially in a franchise like Pokemon which is already past its golden age and facing increasing competition as well as a wave of growing disinterest among its former fans (judging by the overall decline in sales over the years).

I am not sure if there are any credible rivals to the Pokemon series RIGHT NOW other than possibly Yokai watch, but still, you really do not want to loose market share.

It seems part of the reason GameFreak is making Let's Go is that they are banking on it doing so well that the extra revenue can support the production of more traditional core games which have the potential to be much higher in quality while "distracting the children with their own special titles" so they can make much more mature and complex entries in the future. .

You don't generally want any games within a series flopping if you can avoid it, especially in a franchise like Pokemon which is already past its golden age and facing increasing competition as well as a wave of growing disinterest among its former fans (judging by the overall decline in sales over the years).

I am not sure if there are any credible rivals to the Pokemon series RIGHT NOW other than possibly Yokai watch, but still, you really do not want to loose market share.

It seems part of the reason GameFreak is making Let's Go is that they are banking on it doing so well that the extra revenue can support the production of more traditional core games which have the potential to be much higher in quality while "distracting the children with their own special titles" so they can make much more mature and complex entries in the future. .

I hope you're right. I'm on the fence about the game mostly due to the effect that these games could have on future games. I don't want it to be a thing where Let's Go becomes the primary form of Pokemon and the traditional games fade into obscurity. I want more pokemon games, but I don't want GameFreak to get the wrong idea from me. I'm sure I'll get these games at some point, if not day one.

At the same time, I personally want the games to do decent. Not best selling of the franchise, but not a bomb. Just enough to make everyone happy... Just not too happy. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
How many days till this game got datamined to the bones? Seems like switch datamining is much harder than 3ds usually it only takes hours till we are exposed to the game from the moment it got pre-loaded

We already know most of this game already, I'm honestly uninterested in datamines of these games. I'm just gonna wait the 2 weeks and play them myself.

Then once the holiday season is over, we can move into Gen VIII territory.

Even if I was interested in going back to Kanto with these games, I would still be wary about ever buying it on day 1.

The issue I still have is whether or not the features they advertise will be Exeggcute-ed properly in the gameplay. The last generation advertised so many great features, but too many of them were half-baked in the gameplay itself. It made me very cautious about impulsively taking anything in future Pokemon games at face value.

Game Freak has a trust problem from me, and these games would be no exception. I'd rather wait for brutally honest reviews about the games before even thinking about buying them.

I don’t think it’ll flop at all, it’s bloody Pokemon. It’s gonna make a decent amount of money regardless if the quality of the game is good or not.

I have a feeling it will do well in Japan, its outside of Japan that might be the problem, especially in North America, considering people there are not terribly big on cutesy games unlike European and Asian fans.

Treehouse footage from earlier today. It shows two more new moves for Eevee, a woman who can make Pokemon of certain natures appear, and an accessory floor in Celdadon Department store.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMXxX_FvB4

Why didn't they show the Celadon Arcade? I know we can't get the slots back, but it's not like arcade games count as gambling, do they? This is going to be like European Platinum all over again, and I'm pretty sure a lot of European fans complained about that.

Why didn't they show the Celadon Arcade? I know we can't get the slots back, but it's not like arcade games count as gambling, do they? This is going to be like European Platinum all over again, and I'm pretty sure a lot of European fans complained about that.

They probably just wanted to focus more on those new things like the nature summoning woman and the department store to show off more for customization in the limited time they had. I don't think them not showing the arcade means anything.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom