• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the Gym Masters are the past Pokemon Champions in past games, such as Red or Blue, Lance, Steven or Wallace, Cynthia, Alder or Iris, Diantha, Sun or Moon.

The after that you face the Pokemon Master.

What if the Gym Masters are the past Pokemon Champions in past games, such as Red or Blue, Lance, Steven or Wallace, Cynthia, Alder or Iris, Diantha, Sun or Moon.

The after that you face the Pokemon Master.
I don't think they would do that unless this is the final Pokemon main series game ever, which I highly doubt.

What if the gyms are public stadiums. There's no set gym leaders, and you have to beat the last guy that beat that gym.

Then you're forced to use Pokemon of the gym type for that stadium if anyone could become the leader and if not then giving the gyms types wouldn't even make sense and I can't see that happening. I think "gym master" was a mistake from NoA and they are still called gym leader and them deleting the tweet was solely to not confuse players into thinking there's a new mechanic with the gym leader.

Then you're forced to use Pokemon of the gym type for that stadium if anyone could become the leader and if not then giving the gyms types wouldn't even make sense and I can't see that happening. I think "gym master" was a mistake from NoA and they are still called gym leader and them deleting the tweet was solely to not confuse players into thinking there's a new mechanic with the gym leader.
Why not create a new tweet calling them gym leaders, then?

Don't know if they would use Eli:bulbaWave:Selene, since that would involve making one of them canon, which is something they are trying to prevent if previous games are any indication. If they are going to use someone from Gen VII I think it will be Kukui and/or Hau with some excuse saying the champion can't assist.

Except, gyms aren't like those features, and I don't think that they would make you wear that uniform in the gyms unless customization is axed entirely.
Well it's starting to seem like gyms aren't like they were in the past. So I would guess certain rules will also apply, like wearing a uniform

Well it's starting to seem like gyms aren't like they were in the past. So I would guess certain rules will also apply, like wearing a uniform
This means that customization is gone. It wouldn't make sense to have customization anyways in a sports-based game where you are mostly wearing a uniform.

Maybe because of the possibility that someone behind the NoA tweets never played Pokemon and asumed the gym leader are called gym masters?
I don't think you're understanding my question. If the tweet was deleted because they were informed of an error, why wouldn't they just make the tweet again and correct the error?

Ohmori always trying to be edgy and changing the traditions and formulas

He started by changing gym leaders to trial captains and gym challenges to trials and that completely fails

Now he is bringing back gym but changing leaders to masters and forcing sports down our throats

He made the usual 8 gyms to 7 trials and 4 grand trials which took a ton of crap for the elite 4 since that make third of them already familiar with and already defeated.

Now what will he do to the gyms? Make it only 7 or 6 rather than 8 and make you straight up challenge the champion instead of going to the elite four? Maybe make it like sectionals regionals and nationals like competition? Felt like Ohmori is always playing the devil's advocate with his so called "game innovation", I do love the z-moves and the regional variants of last gen but please bring back the proper gyms of not call it a gym thats all

How is it edgy and how did it fail? S/M were generally way better received than X/Y were due to not being as safe. Ohmori was also responsible for replacing necessary HM's with pokeride which was one of the best changes to the series

I watched the video, and the only white thing that wasn't the latern was a white blip at the left at the end of the video. Unless that's what you're talking about I don't see what you mean - the crystal before the blue one was a bright green (the aura around it gives that away), not white, and the blip could easily be the gleam of another crystal.

The lantern in the leak is white, in the trailer its orange.

Another thing i noticed is the size of the crystals in the leak. They are bigger than those in the reveal trailer and the ones in the trailer also shine more brightly. Its literally the first thing your eyes are drawn too.

I don't think you're understanding my question. If the tweet was deleted because they were informed of an error, why wouldn't they just make the tweet again and correct the error?

That still could happen but other than that deleting a tweet to correct an error and then tweeting again would also look unprofessional in some people's eyes.

Also, I don't think Gym Master is a mistake. Gym Leaders are called ジムリーダー Jimurīdā in Japanese, so unless they decided to change the translation I don't see it as them being the same.
What is the difference between Gym Masters and Gym Leaders then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom