• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohmori was the director for XY and ORAS, too, so that's not exactly his starting point. (and I haven't seen many people say that it completely failed-usually people think that the idea had potential, it just didn't make the most of the idea)

By the same logic, it was a terrible idea to make Blue the champion in RGBY, because you were already familiar with him and had already beaten him. (Heck, you could apply that logic to rivals in general)
In XY Masuda is the director ORAS is a remake so you couldn't do much about it

Also just like I said THIRD of the whole elite four team is already been confronted or defeated what do you expect from that?

Um, no. You can still wear whatever your outfit is, outside the gyms. Most of your game time is not spent in the gyms.
Also, to add to your argument, that would be like saying customization was not going to come back in Gen VII because you are forced to use an special outfit during Poké Ride.

More unprofessional than not knowing the right terms of their own game, and leaving fans with a false impression?

This is still Nintendo who tweeted that post, not GameFreak. Leaving the term "gym masters" to the public may cause some misunderstandings. It may be better for them to delete the post instead if they want to fix mistakes.

Then you're forced to use Pokemon of the gym type for that stadium if anyone could become the leader and if not then giving the gyms types wouldn't even make sense and I can't see that happening. I think "gym master" was a mistake from NoA and they are still called gym leader and them deleting the tweet was solely to not confuse players into thinking there's a new mechanic with the gym leader.
You, as the player, won't be forced. Just the last NPC said to have beaten the gym.

Who's to say they weren't already a grass or whatever trainer before taking on the gym? Maybe the emblem changes depending on what trainer beats the gym and becomes Master of it.

The lantern in the leak is white, in the trailer its orange.

Another thing i noticed is the size of the crystals in the leak. They are bigger than those in the reveal trailer and the ones in the trailer also shine more brightly. Its literally the first thing your eyes are drawn too.
Ah, I see what you mean. Still could just be footage from an early build, but we'll have to see when the next trailer rolls around (which, given that NOA tweet, is probably really soon).

Last edited:
This is still Nintendo who tweeted that post, not GameFreak. Leaving the term "gym masters" to the public may cause some misunderstandings. It may be better for them to delete the post instead if they want to fix mistakes.
So, again-why not remake the tweet and replace it with gym leaders? The term "gym masters" has already been left to the public-we wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't. And making the tweet with "gym leaders" would fix the mistake.
In XY Masuda is the director ORAS is a remake so you couldn't do much about it
Ohmori was still the planning director for XY, and remakes can still have different features.
Also just like I said THIRD of the whole elite four team is already been confronted or defeated what do you expect from that?
More powerful teams, and continuations of their plots, which they had? Again, Kanto had its Champion already confronted and defeated-why don't you have a problem with that?

You, as the player, won't be forced. Just the last NPC said to have beaten the gym.

Who's to say they weren't already a grass or whatever trainer before taking on the gym? Maybe the emblem changes depending on what trainer beats the gym and becomes Master of it.

Then that whole gym typing concept wouldn't make sense at the first place if you're not forced to use a specific type to become the leader and then suddenly changing Pokemon to one type.

So, again-why not remake the tweet and replace it with gym leaders? The term "gym masters" has already been left to the public-we wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't. And making the tweet with "gym leaders" would fix the mistake.

It would fix the mistake but then people would may question the professionality of the guy behind of one of the biggest video game company's account on twitter.

I guess we weren't supposed to know about gym masters yet XD
Dang, I was hoping that gym masters tweet meant it would be a regular thing for us to get tiny tidbits of info in between each significant news drop.

I wonder if we wont actually have to wait long for another trailer though?

Perhaps it is that the tweet was meant to be posted today, but it was supposed to say Gym Leaders??

If they meant to say Gym Leaders, they would've posted a tweet correcting the error instead of deleting the original tweet entirely.

Yes!! I was a few pages back and did not reach the many good ideas about that. :)

A new depth to Gyms is most welcome and i am relieved that it is hopefully an accurate statement that there are Gym Masters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom