• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're completely different universes, and sometimes, counterparts in different universes have different names.
After the reading the articles on Elio and Selene in Bulbapedia, I can see that their naming situation is... confusing. Aside from the typical game names that they use in pre-release, they have also been called Ray and Ailey (USUM) and internal data calls them Kai and Lana, so... I don't know what's up with that.

Fun story, but also definitely fake. There's no such thing as a "web stash", at least as far as I could find, and we can look at the source code ourselves and see not only that these files aren't on the site, but also that Grookey is listed as "Poke1", not 810.

(For anyone wanting to verify this themselves-Ctrl+Shift+I or right click and select Inspect. Then just navigate to Sources like I did in the screencap, and you can see all the files uploaded on the site)

We can look at the Japanese site for Sun and Moon and see that they didn't use dex numbers for their files then, either.

They use some sort of numbers, yeah, but not the Pokemon's dex numbers-Minior isn't #801, it's #774.

It's pretty weird that someone who would make such bold claims doesn't know about inspecting the source of a page tbh.

Fun story, but also definitely fake. There's no such thing as a "web stash", at least as far as I could find, and we can look at the source code ourselves and see not only that these files aren't on the site, but also that Grookey is listed as "Poke1", not 810.

(For anyone wanting to verify this themselves-Ctrl+Shift+I or right click and select Inspect. Then just navigate to Sources like I did in the screencap, and you can see all the files uploaded on the site)

We can look at the Japanese site for Sun and Moon and see that they didn't use dex numbers for their files then, either.

They use some sort of numbers, yeah, but not the Pokemon's dex numbers-Minior isn't #801, it's #774.

It's pretty weird that someone who would make such bold claims doesn't know about inspecting the source of a page tbh.

I also saw someone report this as a legit leak on IG. I saw the person who was tagged was devildman who makes fakemon. So I can imagine now where the “leak” came from.

Speculating in a speculation thread, whatever next???

I felt free to question it since it was listed almost as a fact, and with no reasonings given for the "connections".
I'm all for well thought out speculation, but there'd better be reasons of listing out a connection sequence in an unreleased game.

The protagonists' default names usually don't relate to the game titles, with the exception of Red/Green (or Blue, depending on country), Gold/Kris in GSC, and Elio & Selene in SM . We have Brendan/May in RSE, Lucas/Dawn in DPPt, Hilbert/Hilda in BW, Nate/Rosa in BW2, Calem/Serena in XY, Ray/Ailey in USUM, and Chase/Elaine in LGPE. And, if remakes count, then we have Ethan/Lyra in HGSS.

Hol'up where did you get ray and ailey? I thought they were still elio and selene, since they're the same characters as SM's, but with different clothes?

Hol'up where did you get ray and ailey? I thought they were still elio and selene, since they're the same characters as SM's, but with different clothes?
Those names were used in USUM's pre-release. They are the same people, but for some reason they are called different names. I guess you could compare it to how the Majora's Mask characters have different names from their equivalents in Ocarina of Time.

Persian is such a huge downgrade in design for Meowth. Making its head fat doesn't really improve it. I'll grant that Alolan Persian might not be worse than the original Persian though.

But Alolan Meowth is still better than Alolan Persian either way, same as the original.

I mean it does make sense given how the dex line hints at it the line being mass bred likely to the point where it got a bit interbred and deformed with the royalty and rich to fit their needs and wants, much like what happened with the real life persian cat species.

If that was the intended approach of GF's design with its head, its done well.

XD The point is still that the designs were overwhelmingly goofy and we'd like to see them do more regional variant designs that don't fall into that category.

I think its based off perception because Golem is anything but goofy to me nothing like Stunfisk levels. Raticate most definitely but thats the only real Alolan form who is just by being a fatter version of themselves.

Which one? I am barely holding up with all the rumours everyday.
"Presumably on 10th or 11th

Here is what will be shown:

Trailer starts with 3D sequence showing off the sihlouettes of legendary wolves each running through different terrains, before they change form (they are literally getting armor parts) and clash with each other, screen going blank white.

Next, male trainer is shown inside home, where professor visits him introducing herself

Cutting to a scene outside, showing male trainer with Sobble, as he chose it and Sobble being shy at first and trainer smiling at it (when seeing this I assumed there could be special custscenes with each starter you choose, showing off their personality)

Next, the rival is introduced (looks younger than you, wears clothes similar to aristocrats, but with modern touch) and challenges you to a pokemon battle (points at you with a pokeball in hand)

Brief scene showing Grass gym from outside, camera going from down to top

Jump inside of Grass gym scene (saw the grass symbol on banner so must be that gym) platforms arise in the stadium, on one is the female trainer, on the other a skinny gym master, who wears hippie clothes and a pair of glasses, funny reminded me a little bit of John Lennon

Next cut showing the whole field, where the terrain begin changing as another field under it rises up having a jungle theme to it
Another cute, female trainer calls out Scorbunny to the field, with the gym masters new pokemon (grass bear pokemon) already being on the field,
animation scene is show, which show both opponents with serious expressions (similar to Phoenix Wright in trials, if anybody knows that game)

Cue to showing logos and thus ending the trailer"

I know im probably extremely late on this, but i havent seen anyone talk about it yet but i was looking at the map when i noticed that one one of the cities in Galar, on the front gates you see a pokemon and im not entirely sure what it is , it could possibly a pokemon we already have as we also so a huge dugtrio mural just to the city or area to the left of it.

Edit: just as an FYI as well I’m posting this at 4am so my brain may be running low on fuel lol

Last edited:
I know im probably extremely late on this, but i havent seen anyone talk about it yet but i was looking at the map when i noticed that one one of the cities in Galar, on the front gates you see a pokemon and im not entirely sure what it is , it could possibly a pokemon we already have as we also so a huge dugtrio mural just to the city or area to the left of it. Or in the tower on the left of it.

Edit: just as an FYI as well I’m posting this at 4am so my brain may be running low on fuel lol
You mean the Birmingham/Warwick Castle City? Yeah I’ve noticed that, as well as the Gym within the main structure.

Lmao just a random thought, how about blaise/blake and shiela for the names or sumn

Guess who's back! Back again!
Piuk is back! Piuks again!

Yeah! Enough with the Slim Shady thing, you get what I mean with this...

View: https://twitter.com/kitsumepixie/status/1115144573179666432

Yup! Sounds to me like more ''PokemonKandQ'' on Twitter than ''Duncancantdie'' source of solid leaks here, so yeah! Piuk was proven fake before it even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom