• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should i feel differently about LGPE just bevause other people are excited for them? Good for everyone who are looking forward to them, but i can’t pretend to like something for the sake of jumping on a bandwagon.

-It uses the most overused region in the series with little changes.
-Arbitrarily limiting to the first 151 for no reason.
-It has gameplay elements from a cellphone game i don’t care about either.
-Stripped down features(wild battles, GTS ect...) for no reason.
-Artsyle looks bad.

But let’s just move on. I don’t feel bitter or whatever just because i don’t feel the same way about these games like other people who are looking forward to them.
take my like sir you right

Why they removed difficulty modes is beyond me. XY was too easy.
I mean, I never really liked how they implemented the hard mode in Black 2 and White 2. Not only do you need to unlock it, but then you have to play through the game all over again. Personally, I can't just discard the Pokemon that I've spent so many hours with, even if it literally took me only two days to beat Black 2. I know a friend can give you the mode somehow from the beginning, but even that's tedious.

Game Freak needs to honestly just ask you somehow in the beginning of the game if you want a hard mode. Not that I'd use it, but for those who do want to. Maybe it'd be better to just have more non-linear gameplay, but oh well.

If you go back and play all the Pokémon games including BW2 challenge mode, you’ll find the games have always been easy compared to any generic JRPG. I want them to introduce something much harder than challenge mode if they are to bring it back.

I mean, I never really liked how they implemented the hard mode in Black 2 and White 2. Not only do you need to unlock it, but then you have to play through the game all over again. Personally, I can't just discard the Pokemon that I've spent so many hours with, even if it literally took me only two days to beat Black 2. I know a friend can give you the mode somehow from the beginning, but even that's tedious.

And the fact that that’s only half of the problems within the catastrophically poor attempt they made of implementing those difficulty settings really says a lot.

Honestly, XY may have “removed” them, but it’s hard to say they were even meaningfully included in B2W2 to begin with.

Honestly, XY may have “removed” them, but it’s hard to say they were even meaningfully included in B2W2 to begin with.
Which is why people wanted it back, but unlocked from the beginning. Removing it when they could have fixed it so easily is just dumb.

someone said "pokemon is for casuals and its not needed casualize something are casual"
"you believe learn all of pokemon makes you better but in reality its a casual game for a casual people"
"lets go pikachu no make difference for core series but i dont understand the hate generated of the franchise"
i m offended because all this time i believed core series are something with difficulty and lets go series its for casuals

Pokemon is casual in most regards compared to other JRPG games, the game wasant even designed to be competitive in any mindset from what I read initially, but it has its own associated metagames around. After looking at all the games in general, just upping the levels of the opponent doesn't make the game harder, just makes your grind harder. We need something more.

If we were to get difficulty levels back the least they could do is give a sort of inbetween mode that perfectly balances out easyness and hardness.

http://is2.*********/vp/1528119724618.jpg
So obviously fake (using gen 7 protag for example), but wow I really missed these.

Is that supposed to be a Pokemon? I legitimately through it was some kind of Pokémon-costume for the main character or something.

It literally looks like a human wearing a suit (even more so than Incineroar).

Which is why people wanted it back, but unlocked from the beginning. Removing it when they could have fixed it so easily is just dumb.
It's because they wanted BW2 to be "unique". And for that, I think that difficulty options will only return in a BW remake.

http://is2.*********/vp/1528119724618.jpg
So obviously fake (using gen 7 protag for example), but wow I really missed these fake starters.
it's pretty cool actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom