• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're the one looking at absolutes...? I mean, you keep going on about those two eevee-lutions even though they're perfectly retcon-able and not even that immersion-breaking.

How are they retconable, what's the in story explanation? In addition to them the Pokemon that evolve with a certain move are a bit suspect as well.

Idk, weren't people at one point highly skeptical of the Let's Go logos as well?
We have a lot of reasons to discredit these logos, though... namely because they have shown up on a ton of confirmed fakes already. Also that "trailer" clip just says 2019- no way we're getting a title drop and no release day still.

How are they retconable, what's the in story explanation? In addition to them the Pokemon that evolve with a certain move are a bit suspect as well.
I think the more important thing is how did no one in five regions notice that Clefairy can kick a Dragonite's ass?

For the sake of getting nice things, sometimes you just gotta shrug it off. XD

Are Crown and Sceptre even opposites/complementary?

255px-Crown_Jewels.jpg

I think the more important thing is how did no one in five regions notice that Clefairy can kick a Dragonite's ass?

For the sake of getting nice things, sometimes you just gotta shrug it off. XD

Or that Salamence can scratch a Jigglypuff with his Dragon Claw without her feeling anything.

The one aspect i can think of is that enough time passes between each game's story for previously nonexistent changes and possibilities to then begin to happen.

I started to think about how the movesets for Kanto Pokemon differ in Gold & Silver, and it is three years later; so to some extent it is as though the Pokemon themselves have changed; but then, Pokemon with the original movesets can be gathered by transferring from an earlier time!

My point was specifically regarding cross gen evos. GameFreak seem to agree with me hence with the 1 single exception of Sylveon, it's been over 12 years since they added cross Gen evos.
I think it's more because Mega Evolution technically counted as cross-gen evos and regional variants kind of took up the cross-gen attention in Gen 7. So cross-gen evolutions aren't remotely dead, just shifted in form.

Gen 5 is the only region still to not have any, but it was just doing its own thing trying to act new as heck.

I'm dying now because I was thinking a bit more on the Espeon/Umbreon example and they're also dependent upon the time of day so if we really focus on the canon there- just how earth shattering is it for someone in one-time-of-day Kanto to venture over the border into Johto and look up at the sky? Like "Holyshit, what is going on?! It was light and now it's dark and I don't know what to believe anymore!" XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom