• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Older Games Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: pokemon stadium 2 minigame question..

I don't think it does, since if you didn't have a Game Boy cartridge, it wouldn't mean anything.

ye but if that was the case, then so wouldnt the gb tower, the lab, and your room.

why else would they coincidentally make minigames with pokemon that evolve through happiness, and why should you be allowed to use them IF you have the transfer pack?

I need some serious help guys!!! About Red Weepinbell

Okey listen up everybody, I really need some help.
Some years ago, like 4-5, I played pokémon gold like crazy and I caught a shiny RED, I repeat RED, weepinbell. all over the internet it says that shiny weepinbell is supposed to be a little bit more yellow then the normal one, so how the **** could i get a shiny RED weepinbell?! I've asked my friends and my brothers to be sure that I really had it and they remember it aswell, please anyone with knowledge that can answer this? Ive never used gameshark or anything like that!
Im so sad that I sold this game, should´ve put it up on ebay!

PS. used it on stadium aswell, and it was red and awesome :(

Re: I need some serious help guys!!! About Red Weepinbell

Nobody can help you because there is no such thing.

Unless you had a glitched game, you be trollin'.

Yeah, pretty much what has been said before. It doesn't exist. If the data was in the game, someone would've found it from the game dumps ages ago.

So I searched all over internet for a good pokemon forum, registered, and created a thread, just to mess with people? no.

And I am not lying! I am deadly serious, I had it and I want to know why, its killing me!!! I guess I had a glitched game, and maybe some stupid kid that bought it just started the game over again. I feel no joy in lying to people, if you dont believe me, fine, but i did have it!

As I said, you must have had a glitched game. It could be something similar to the glitch the GTS had where Pokémon would have sprites of completely different Pokémon. This Weepinbell could have gotten the colourscheme of a different sprite.

Sorry dude, but with the amount of fake stuff and bogus stories that go through here, you can understand the skepticism. A red weepinbell is impossible unless someone hacked their game and edited the color. As to how they would do that, I don't know. But the weepinbell could not be red unless the game had a way to load an image of it being red. No such image exists.

EDIT: Or it could be a palate swap glitch.

Did you buy the game used, or ever used a Gameshark/genie/AR/whatever?
Did it have a green mouth?

Well ofcourse I understand that you have a hard time believing me, since people lie often! But I swear to you, with my whole life, I had this one! I remember VERY sharply how I thought that it looked cool on pokemon stadium 2, I am 100% sure that I had it!!

No I bought the game when it came out and I have NEVER used gameshark! I feel sick when I think of me selling this game cuz when I thought of it some years later I knew that noone would believe me!!

It might be that! I remember that I just killed the red gyarados and went down to the grass thingys outside ice town where you catch lickytung and I met it!

*#&(&# that I sold this game! I am seriously going to call the pokémon company to find out what this can be because I know I had it and I am very sad if you guys think I am lying! Im not!

And no it had a light red mouth and the body were with a darker red colour, so no green mouth

Last edited:

Are you sure you had an official cartridge? Certain bootlegging companies frequently screwed up pallates in programming, or had horrible glitches that would mess them up, sometimes permanently. I have had similar experience with Pokemon Jade, but this shouldn't be possible without hacks on a legit Gold cart.

EDIT: Whoah whoah whoah, Stadium? On Stadium, colors changed according to name. It would be a lot easier if you could remember what you named it.

EDIT: Sounds like a glitch with the Red Gyarados... but that shouldn't effect it on Stadium 2. Were you using the GB Tower at the time...?

Last edited:

I bought the pokemon gold on a local game store :/.. They have good games there.
It was red in the gameboy aswell and it was pokemon stadium 2 and I didnt name it anything :/

..Ive have never regret such a mistake ever before in my life.. Im speechless..

Quite odd. Were you connected to anyway in Stadium 2 when the incident occurred? That could explain it happening on both games.

Hmm... cant remember that... which means that I probably could be connected to it when I met it, I just want to know how the heck I got it or I wont get a rest haha!

Well, for it to occur in both your N64 cart AND your GB cart, I would say that it had to be connected and likely had something to do with you killing Red Gyarados and then running into another shiny immediately after. Not many people kill the Red Gyarados, even fewer on Stadium 2, and even fewer than catch a red Weepinbell. I would say that, somehow, you had the pallet of the Red Gyarados copied over to the next shiny you ran into, and that when you saved your game the same error was written into the texture data of your Stadium team (whatever variable went screwy caused the game to bring over the Weepinbell model with the Red Gyarados texture, just as it brought over the sprite of the Weepinbell but the Gyarados' pallet). That would be the only possible explanation at this point.

Now here's a question- did you sell Stadium 2? Your teams on that game from your GameBoy are saved, and it's likely you still have it on there to prove yourself to the doubters. I still have my entire team from Yellow on there despite my Yellow getting erased, so that was a pleasant surprise.

WoW seriously?! Ill call my friend right away and ask if I can borrow it! Can I trade them back to me aswell :/?! But the only thing is that I used it on two different stadiums so it cant be the stadium that I used that glitched :/... well Ill call him and see, were does it save?

Usually, unless you use it right off of your cart only once (which might be the case), your team is saved in one of several registries. When you open up Free Battle/a Cup/Gym Leader Castle/anything else, it will give you the option to either make a new team or use a preregistered team. If I remember correctly, you use your game Pokemon by registering them, so you just need to go through all the modes and check your preregistered teams. If it's not the same Stadium game, then it's not likely that it will work-- I'm assuming you sold the glitched Stadium?-- but if your Weepinbell was used on both, it might have carried over. It's worth a shot. And no, you cannot transfer Pokemon back-- trust me, I tried EVERYTHING back when my Yellow got deleted, it... simply doesn't happen.

I remember that I used my friends stadium several times with it so I might find it there!, I emailed him and hope that he answer :p havent seen him for 3 years xD! CRAP! So I will only be able to look at it and cry? xD.... damn

Well, at least if you do see it, you can take a picture during the tears and make hundreds of mouths drop worldwide at your amazing Weepinbell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom