• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

True. The actual map and features and Pokémo distribution was way off. But I still stand by my opinion that plot wise they were amazing.

Oh, I didn't have much of a problem with the plot, but IMO the design and distribution are more important, and they should really take the time to get it right if they're going to go through with a sequel.

Very true. We can't just have Zubat and Geodude in every single cave lol

That merely says that Tsunekazu Ishihara recently promised in an interview that 2014 will see the release of several games, one of them being an anticipated title. I highly doubt that Game Freak will release any game this year, so he's probably referring to Pokkén Fighters (the game they've actually been foreshadowing) or another notable spin-off game.

Last edited:

That merely says that Tsunekazu Ishihara recently promised in an interview that 2014 will see the release of several games, one of them being an anticipated title. I highly doubt that Game Freak will release any game this year, so he's probably referring to Pokkén Fighters (the game they've actually been foreshadowing) or another notable spin-off game.

never said they'd release it this year :p in fact if it gets announced in the next 2-4 months i'd expect a 2015 release.

They said it would be a good year for 3ds advertisement and more or less likely is a 3ds game, granted we have no idea if pokeken or whatever will be for wii u or the 3ds its not very anticipated i know of 5 other games that are more anticipated including side games

a new pokemmon rangers game
a new mystery dungeon game
xd gale of darkness remake or possable sequel (Not sure if that was coliseum though)
pokemon snap 2 or a remake ( and with the 3ds this would be perfect)
a red/blue re remake ( some people have been saying it not as many though)

and i'd say the most anticipated pokemon games atm are

r/s remakes, a new Colosseum like game or the upcoming third version be it Z or xy2 or whatever

never said they'd release it this year :p in fact if it gets announced in the next 2-4 months i'd expect a 2015 release.
Ishihara is referring to 2014 games. There is no point in using his interview as a hint at a 2015 release, and they won't announce any game a year in advance.

They said it would be a good year for 3ds advertisement
Ishihara didn't say that. The Spanish article states that Nintendo said so last year, but I've found no evidence of that. Even if they did, they didn't mention Pokémon.

Ishihara is referring to 2014 games. There is no point in using his interview as a hint at a 2015 release, and they won't announce any game a year in advance.

They said it would be a good year for 3ds advertisement
Ishihara didn't say that. The Spanish article states that Nintendo said so last year, but I've found no evidence of that. Even if they did, they didn't mention Pokémon.

a game can be announced in 2014 and be released in 2015 depending on how late into the year it is. It would make sense to announce it late/mid 2014 if it releases in early 2015.

once again we still don't know but i thought it was a good hint in that direction.

a game can be announced in 2014 and be released in 2015 depending on how late into the year it is. It would make sense to announce it late/mid 2014 if it releases in early 2015.
The only main games released early in their year were Red/Green and their remakes. I wouldn't exactly bet on an early 2015 release, and regardless, it makes no sense for Ishihara to tease an announcement for 2014 rather than a release.

The only main games released early in their year were Red/Green and their remakes. I wouldn't exactly bet on an early 2015 release, and regardless, it makes no sense for Ishihara to tease an announcement for 2014 rather than a release.

well still we have no idea when they will come out if they come out. could be 2014 could be 2015 might even be 2016

I'm not expecting a main game this year but I really hope I'm wrong here. A Gen III remake would be greatly welcomed!

Crystal and FRLG got released slightly over a year after new generation, remakes in this November/December/January might happen.

[Hoenn Confirmed]
Steven Stone said:
The feelings you have for your Pokémon… And the Pokémon that responded to those feelings with all their might… They came together as one, and created an even greater power.

Steven described Mega Evolution back in RS

[/Hoenn Confirmed]

Crystal and FRLG got released slightly over a year after new generation, remakes in this November/December/January might happen.

[Hoenn Confirmed]
Steven Stone said:
The feelings you have for your Pokémon… And the Pokémon that responded to those feelings with all their might… They came together as one, and created an even greater power.

Steven described Mega Evolution back in RS

[/Hoenn Confirmed]

great catch but i'm sure thats coincidence. I'm hoping they atleast get announced this year

Didn't somebody say that an RSE remake would be missing a good half of the National Pokedex? I was thinking today and that's not even an argument. HGSS were missing half of the G4 National Dex, and even more so, FRLG were missing two thirds of the G3 National Dex. BUT, at the same time, once you beat the E4 and Champion you got access to new areas and/or new ways to acquire out-of-region Pokemon. FRLG had the Sevii Islands. HGSS had the Hoenn/Sinnoh radio sounds, Headbutting trees (which got me a shiny Wurmple btw), Safari object arrangement, a roaming Lati and the Hoenn weather trio.

Didn't somebody say that an RSE remake would be missing a good half of the National Pokedex? I was thinking today and that's not even an argument. HGSS were missing half of the G4 National Dex, and even more so, FRLG were missing two thirds of the G3 National Dex. BUT, at the same time, once you beat the E4 and Champion you got access to new areas and/or new ways to acquire out-of-region Pokemon. FRLG had the Sevii Islands. HGSS had the Hoenn/Sinnoh radio sounds, Headbutting trees (which got me a shiny Wurmple btw), Safari object arrangement, a roaming Lati and the Hoenn weather trio.

Actually, if you're going by regional dexes, A RS remake would be missing three quarters of the National Dex.

But yeah, just make some post game areas and about 200-300 post game Pokemon, that'll be fine.

And add evolutions of Pokemon such as Dusclops to the Hoenn Dex.

And add evolutions of Pokemon such as Dusclops to the Hoenn Dex.

They didn't do any of that for FRLG, and the only ones they did that for in HGSS were Pokemon that evolve by knowing moves (all four of them). Still, it would be nice if they just did it outright....

I would quite like to see a remake of emerald. Would it be possible, though? I mean, the consoles are so different, it'd barely be like the original. I'd like to see them keep clothing and hair and stuff, and of course the amazing 3d battles, but at the same time I want contests and for the original sprites to return (May and whatshisname)

I would quite like to see a remake of emerald. Would it be possible, though? I mean, the consoles are so different, it'd barely be like the original. I'd like to see them keep clothing and hair and stuff, and of course the amazing 3d battles, but at the same time I want contests and for the original sprites to return (May and whatshisname)

the y son't have to remake it EXACTLY as it came the first time its going to look different definitely hoenn would look 100 percent different if they do remake it.

Have they ever announced a Pokemon game (handheld) at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom