• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Persona 3 Mafia (13P) - Endgame MAFIA VICTORY

I was taking x-shot dv takes care of parity issues but it doesn’t. Still if the host is worried about parity issues she could be a jabberwocky. Her DV could depend on how many town there are.

And obviously she’s aesetic too.

I could see mafia having such a strong role to deal with more town than usual.
If you really think I'm mafia double voter + ascetic, and then there's also got to be a mafia rolecop and roleblocker, that is a lot of power to be scum-aligned. In a game where we've seen the investigative roles for town be limited just to even phases. If I was actually ascetic and mafia, that would be a HUGE amount of protection in that town wouldn't be able to do much at all on odd nights to begin with, and then on even I'd still be immune to actions? And then on top of that have extra voting power in the day?

I know we've talked about how the balance in this game might be wacky given the claims, but I'd be in an absolutely godly scum role if what you're saying was true.

I'll say it again: I am only double voter, and I had nothing to do with any failed actions whether that was N1 or N3 or whenever.

I have a question that will help me figure out who is scum. Are any of the players left known for bussing their partners when they are scum?
Mido and Minish are known bussers
I rarely bus
Lissi probably too inexperienced to even know what a bus is

Not sure about FA or Lucy

Mido and Minish are known bussers
I rarely bus
Lissi probably too inexperienced to even know what a bus is

Not sure about FA or Lucy
Ok. Unless some one says other wise, I am now less suspicious of you. I was asking because I was suspicious of you, but if I remember right you were pushing for caps a while ago, and thus aren't scum unless it was a bus

I have a question that will help me figure out who is scum. Are any of the players left known for bussing their partners when they are scum?
ExLight's answer is pretty accurate, and I also have never played with Lucy to know if she buses or not.

Midorikawa (1.0 at the time) in this very game called me out for being willing to bus teammates lol and I'll admit I have done it some in the past.
I agree what is a bus
It is when a mafia player throws their mafia partner under the bus, like voting against them and pushing a case against them. It is generally done so that the player doing the "bussing" will look good for having tried to get rid of scum, sometimes done if their partner is already being heavily suspected and is a liability.

Midorikawa (1.0 at the time) in this very game called me out for being willing to bus teammates lol and I'll admit I have done it some in the past.
I would argue no one left really does it unless it feels necessary. Since it takes longer to win the less teammates you have.

But I won’t lie I don’t hesitate much anymore since hesitation in the past has got me caught.

Though if you look at every vote of someone’s just because they’re known to be willing to bus, you’ll drive yourself mad.

If you really think I'm mafia double voter + ascetic, and then there's also got to be a mafia rolecop and roleblocker, that is a lot of power to be scum-aligned. In a game where we've seen the investigative roles for town be limited just to even phases. If I was actually ascetic and mafia, that would be a HUGE amount of protection in that town wouldn't be able to do much at all on odd nights to begin with, and then on even I'd still be immune to actions? And then on top of that have extra voting power in the day?

I know we've talked about how the balance in this game might be wacky given the claims, but I'd be in an absolutely godly scum role if what you're saying was true.

I'll say it again: I am only double voter, and I had nothing to do with any failed actions whether that was N1 or N3 or whenever.
Aesetic covers that roleblocker. Say there’s 2-3 mafia. Aesetic works for godfather and basically roleblocker as well.

Roles like rolecop could be factional for this game for all we know.

Aesetic covers that roleblocker. Say there’s 2-3 mafia. Aesetic works for godfather and basically roleblocker as well.

Roles like rolecop could be factional for this game for all we know.
Ascetic taking the place of roleblocker only really protects a single mafia member, though, in a game with at least one vig for sure and watcher, tracker, cop, another very possible role that can function similarly to those, etc. To be fair, I don't disagree with you that it could replace godfather, though they fill slightly different purposes IMO.

Rolecop being factional would be super out of the ordinary, and this game has been pretty upfront in the rules about what is different from usual.

I think we've still got a roleblocker and rolecop to deal with because there is evidence pointing to both of those things. Roleblocker because of the failed actions, and rolecop because it is almost always in games and also because rolecop still seems like the likeliest reason for why your original slot died when there were other people who seemed like more likely targets that night.

yea ascetic fills the role of godfather more

for it to substitute a roleblocker it would have to be something like an ascetifier (aka rolestopper) which has been on the rise lately, so maybe?

What do you think of the fact that both you and I got the same message upon targeting FA?
I feel like it's proof that there's something wrong with that slot

FA said she is just a Double Voter, but at the very least it seems like she's also ascetic. Ascetic can be fill the role of Godfather and Ninja (which is also expected to exist considering we had both tracker and watcher around).
I don't see any reason for omitting that unless she wanted to make people waste their roles on her and cause confusion.

In the end it all looped back to my FA + TheCapsFan theory and I am comfortable voting that slot out today. Would appreciate if there were more people on her too because if she's telling the truth about her double vote it could really mess us up later on if there's another wagon near it.

I don't really agree with the Ex not being scum because of the Caps push. Ex bussed me in D&D Mafia. He will definitely push scumbuds when they're not in strong danger.

Also @ExLight you didn't answer why you didn't activate lightning rod last night when you got BP and we assumed only mafia was left. And there's at least one if not two town protectives (depending on which claims you believe).

Still not understanding what is so strange about actions failing here. Yeah, I get that the two people who claim to have had their stuff not work happened to be targeting me and that will look shady, but I a) have nothing to do with that and b) don't get why it is so hard to believe that there's a roleblocker doing it.

Midorikawa acts like it is odd that hosts wouldn't just confirm that it was roleblocking, but why would the hosts? That'd be full on confirming the existence of a specific role in a way that isn't explicitly stated in the rules.

You're trying to tell me that mafia has infinite strongman and neighborizer from Caps (with infinite strongman being super good), then say I'm mafia double voter + ascetic, and then there's also at the very least rolecop (confirmed btw in the setup rules, which explicitly DO mention a rolecop in regard to above-usual shots). Even ignoring everything else, mafia infinite strongman and mafia double voter? Together, in a game where town is limited to even-night investigations only and mostly just limited-shot abilities period?

I don't really agree with the Ex not being scum because of the Caps push. Ex bussed me in D&D Mafia. He will definitely push scumbuds when they're not in strong danger.

Also @ExLight you didn't answer why you didn't activate lightning rod last night when you got BP and we assumed only mafia was left. And there's at least one if not two town protectives (depending on which claims you believe).
I did not bus you in D&D mafia lol, I tried my super best to buy you time, I only hopped in after it was pointless??

And my dumb ass just didn't think of it, I don't know what you expect me to say :stunfisk:

Still not understanding what is so strange about actions failing here. Yeah, I get that the two people who claim to have had their stuff not work happened to be targeting me and that will look shady, but I a) have nothing to do with that and b) don't get why it is so hard to believe that there's a roleblocker doing it.

Midorikawa acts like it is odd that hosts wouldn't just confirm that it was roleblocking, but why would the hosts? That'd be full on confirming the existence of a specific role in a way that isn't explicitly stated in the rules.

You're trying to tell me that mafia has infinite strongman and neighborizer from Caps (with infinite strongman being super good), then say I'm mafia double voter + ascetic, and then there's also at the very least rolecop (confirmed btw in the setup rules, which explicitly DO mention a rolecop in regard to above-usual shots). Even ignoring everything else, mafia infinite strongman and mafia double voter? Together, in a game where town is limited to even-night investigations only and mostly just limited-shot abilities period?
Sure if we had targeted different people and got the message I would think roleblocker. But we didn’t. And plenty of hosts do confirm if a message means roleblocked or not. It depends on the host of course.

FA (2)- Ex, Lissi
Mido (1)- FA

Not Voting: Minish, Lucy, Mido, Helperman
I voted FA.

Sure if we had targeted different people and got the message I would think roleblocker. But we didn’t. And plenty of hosts do confirm if a message means roleblocked or not. It depends on the host of course.
Like I said, I realize that it looks bad that two different people are saying that their actions failed on me and I can see why it would to other people. But nobody else has mentioned being roleblocked or their actions failing, and you two are saying it happened on different nights. It has to be roleblocker because it ain't me, and I've got the bad (or good, I guess, in the case of things like bus driver being used on me) luck of being the person who was going to be targeted both times.

D1, ExLight was on Caps already. That probably made him an appealing roleblock target. You... I'm not so sure and that's if you're actually town, though if so mafia might have rolecopped Abigail's slot and seen whatever ability it is you're saying you tried to use. Or just been afraid of the unknown since most people had claimed by N3.

I feel like I'm getting framed here by virtue of being unlucky :x

I did not bus you in D&D mafia lol, I tried my super best to buy you time, I only hopped in after it was pointless??

And my dumb ass just didn't think of it, I don't know what you expect me to say :stunfisk:

I mean, I still count that as bussing. Especially since you did throw shade on me and stuff without voting at first.

It's just hard to buy that you didn't think of it when you constantly think about interactions with stuff. I don't see you having a lightning rod ability and not thinking this whole time the best way to use it.

D1, ExLight was on Caps already. That probably made him an appealing roleblock target.

This gives me a bit of pause as well. How do you know if Ex and Caps aren't aligned as mafia?

Back
Top Bottom