• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups PMD: True Strength - Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestarjar

lost in the sauce
Reaction score
Everyone's still welcome to sign-up!
@GlaceonLover94; @ZoruaSnivyluver; @Chespin411; @JustAnotherLeafeon;
Let's begin!

The Scorpion Queen yawned and woke up slowly, looking around. She didn't remember going to sleep in a forest, but at least it was better than being tied up in the back of a truck. It was weird, though, because she didn't know this place at all... She blinked a few times and looked up to see a pair of red eyes staring at her from the shadows. Shocked, she wheeled back, tumbling over herself and realizing that she had an odd scarf on... She looked down at her red paw- wait, paw?! No, what?! I am the Scorpion Queen. I'm on the run. I am... a Zorua... no, I'm a human... so why is everything I remember with me as a Zorua?! I know I am- well, was- human... Horrified, she stood up on four legs, finding that standing on two wouldn't work. The pair of eyes that had been watching her earlier were gone. What was going on?! "Who's there?! Who is it?!" Little to her knowledge, there were several more pokemon nearby, all with the same fate as her, close enough to hear her cry.

Crystal woke up to The Scorpion Queen's cry and looked around.

"Strange...I don't remember this place."

Crystal stood up and found to her surprise that everything seemed bigger than usual.

"Woah...did I shrink?...but how is that possible?"

Crystal looked at her hands only to find they weren't hands, at least not human hands they were a bluish grey colour and she had no fingers just red, green and yellow nubs on her...palms?

"Am....I an Elgyem? But I'm sure I'm human!" she cried. After she got over the initial shock she continued.

"Well...I guess this is kinda cool but I would like to change back." That's when Crystal noticed a Zorua nearby.

"Oh erm hello."

Chen sat up with a yawn.

"Hey I'm trying to sleep here...wait sleep? When did I fall asleep? And what's with the forest?"

Chen stood up rhen noticed that instead of hands he had creamy yellow paws.

"Woah! This is different." he said. "Why am I suddenly a Mienfoo? I'm a human aren't I? But then why do I only remember being a Mienfoo? This doesn't make any sense!"

Chen turned around to see a Zorua.

"I guess you're in the same predicament huh?" he said with a smile.

"Wh-what?! Elgyem and Mienfoo... shouldn't be that big! Did you do this?!" Scorpion made a panicked gesture to the Elgyem with a paw that ended up being rather awkward to do, automatically blaming the first psychic-type she saw.

Unnoticed by anyone else, a Riolu by the name of Max Kurai stood on a branch of a tree a little ways away, watching them with dark red eyes. He was in the same situation, but he wasn't the type to involve himself with others, especially before he knew anything about them. So he simply waited and watched, hoping that he wouldn't be seen again as the Zorua had.
Having woken up at least a half hour before anyone else had, he'd had plenty of time to contemplate this new form. He almost liked it better than his human form. There wasn't any purpose to his life then, but perhaps he could do something now. Anything... Not that his memories made sense. He knew he was a human, and yet all the people he remembered knowing were pokemon. And his parents, they were... not important. He tried to erase them from his mind as he had so many times before.

Crystal backed off nervously.

"N...no I can assure you I'm just as confused as you are."

Chen stood in between Crystal and Scorpion.

"Hey, take it easy. Don't go blaming someone for something without hard evidence."

Crystal was a little taken back by this.

"Errm thanks..."

Chen just smiled.

"Awww no trouble."

"Well as you can see, I AM A ZORUA. Last I checked, I was human!! Are all pokemon like this?!" the Scorpion Queen asked, oblivious to the fact that they also used to be humans.

Max continued to watch. These pokemon didn't seem dangerous at all, but he still didn't trust them fully. Not that he could ever trust anyone like that.
I can't trust them not to die.
He all but stopped breathing when he heard the little thought echo in his mind, staring blankly at nothing for a moment before violently shoving it to the side, physically stumbling at the same time and slightly shaking the branch before regaining his balance and standing still again. He hoped nobody had heard. Idiot... He told himself.

Crystal was amazed.

"Really?! Well believe it or not I was human too."

"As was I." said Chen equally as amazed. "I guess it wasn't just us."

Chen's ears twitched when he heard a branch rustling he looked up at the tree and noticed a Riolu.

"Hello up there. You can come on down buddy we don't bite....well the Zorua might." he finished with a tease.

Crystal giggled at this.

"Don't say things like that, you'll scare him."

The look of the red eyes in the shadows was not one of fear but of a cold glare. He stared at them for several seconds as if making a decision before jumping down from his high perch and landing on the ground on both feet. Max stayed silent as he continued to stare at them from beside the tree.
"You're the one who was staring a the dark when I woke up! Geez, stop being creepy!!" demanded the Scorpion Queen.
The Riolu turned to face her, looking down at her. "That's something I will decide about my life, although in my opinion, I wouldn't consider myself 'creepy,'" he replied in an emotionless monotone voice.

(Sorreh for late Dx )

A little ways away, a small Glameow stirred. Slowly, she stood up, glancing around for whatever woke her. Only minutes later, did she glance down at white paws, and notice her surroundings now towering over her, mocking her size. A sudden thought of fear coursed through her mind. I-I...I'm a Glameow...? her blue-yellow eyes widened in fear, and she frantically continued to look around for where the voices that woke her came from.
After her large ears managed to pick up on the location, she slowly made her way in that direction. Not wanting to reveal herself, or make any kind of contact that would involve her to actually be social, she hid in a not-too-far off bush. Doing her best to follow the conversation. All these Pokemon...they talked about being human before. Did this mean...maybe the whole human population had transformed? The thought was almost unnerving for Delaney. She drew her spring-tail around her paws in attempt to calm herself. "Not that bad...right...?" Delaney muttered to herself. After all, if EVERYONE was now a Pokemon, maybe this could be a shot at a new life.

Chen stared at the Riolu for a few seconds then smiled.

"Wow...someone needs to lighten up."

"Well anyway..." Crystal chimed in. "Maybe we should introduce ourselves. My name's Crystal.

"Chen Xun here." said Chen. "How about you guys?"

"Max," he replied plainly, ignoring the comment about his behavior.
"For all you need to know, I am the Scorpion Queen," the Zorua said, oddly not seeming joking or sarcastic. She spoke with the air of someone crossing their arms.

Last edited:
As Dylan was searching for berries, he heard a commotion. What's going on over there? he wondered as he sank his teeth into an Oran berry. I shouldn't go over there. It doesn't have to do with me... right? In the end, curiosity won over, and he started slowly over to the clearing, stopping close enough where he could hear the conversations, but far enough where the various foliage hid his presence.

Camouflaged in the green leaves of a tall tree, a Snivy hung by her tail, watching the group curiously. What an odd bunch. They all seemed to think they were humans, but humans didn't exist. They were probably just some silly kids, but she was curious enough to stick around and watch.

The Scorpion Queen looked down at her black, furry legs connecting to her red paws. "Hey... the ability of Zorua is Illusion, isn't it? The one where they can make it look like anything is happening and transform themselves into all sorts of things?"

"That's what I heard." said Crystal who then decided to see if she can hover like all Elgyem. She concentrated then jumped. She was amazed to find that she was indeed now floating in midair.

"Wow! This is amazing! You guys have gotta try this!"

"I'd love to Crystal, but none of us are psychic types." laughed Chen obviously amused by Crystal's excitable behaviour.

"Oh right...ooops." said Crystal with a sheepish giggle.

The Scorpion Queen jumped into the air and was encased by a purple light before a human stood before them. Her brown hair was short enough for her to be mistaken for a boy just looking at her face, and she had on a blank T-shirt and jeans. "Well, I certainly feel taller, but I still don't feel normal. I think... Everything I remember is as a pokemon! Except I know I was human. It's like this is all a dream or something..." She dropped back to normal form, feeling more confused than ever.

Willow continued to watch from the tree above, shocked. That Zorua had just turned into a pretty close replica of how humans were described in the old myths, though it was a little different. She was getting more curious about this bunch by the second. How had they gotten to this part of the forest without her noticing? She was so intrigued by this that she didn't hear the noise behind her as something small and yellow Tackled her from behind, flinging both of them out of the tree and into the small clearing where the 'humans' were.

A Snivy and a Pikachu landed right in the middle of the group, apparently having fallen from a nearby tree high up. The Snivy seemed a bit dazed, while the Pikachu was apologizing strongly although she didn't seem to be able to help grinning.
"Dear Arceus, Rose! What's gotten into you?" Willow said disapprovingly. The Pikachu responded with an ecstatic grin.
"Sorry! I'm just suuppeerrr happy!"
"Tch! You're always happy, you silly little thing!" The Snivy seemed to be unable to stay upset for long, though she was doing her best to seem disapproving to the younger pokemon. She looked up and around at the other pokemon standing around her. "I do apologize for the interruption."

Yvette was hiding in the tall grass, thinking of what to do. None of the locals want her to do anything and she doesn't have a team to go on missions with,
"I guess I brought that upon myself..." she thought. Wandering in the plants that were twice her size, she had used her hearing to find her way out, since it was impossible to tell where she was going. Moving further, she had overheard several pokemon having a conversation. She cautiously walked closer to hear them, hoping that they weren't troublemakers planning something.

Crystal giggled.

"Oh no problem. I'm Crystal."

"Hey I'm Chen." said Chen. "And Mister Doom and Gloom here is Max." he added referring to the Riolu,

"Are you two locals?" asked Crystal.

"Scorpion Queen," the Zorua introduced herself to the sudden appearances while Max scowled.
"I'm Rose!" the Pikachu stated in a friendly manner.
"I'm called Willow," the Snivy said. "Yes, we live around here. I've never seen any of you around, though. I couldn't help but hear your talk of apparently... being human? What did you mean by that?" she asked curiously. Rose's eyes widened when she heard this and she looked around at the other pokemon with wide eyes as she awaited their response.

Yvette's ears perked up, what was this about humans? They were only creatures of myths and Clefairy tales, it's not possible to have something be a human and then become a pokemon. She thought for a moment, and realized that those pokemon were most likely trying to pull off some stupid prank. Yvette walked out of the grass and spoke up,

"Rose, Willow, don't believe them. They're probably just some troublemakers trying to make a fool out of you both."

"Whoa, where'd you come from?" the Scorpion Queen was startled, but she regained her composure and replied solemnly, "I don't really blame you for not believing me, because I don't believe me." She shrugged. "I mean, it's not something I'd expect anyone to believe. But whether you do or not, that doesn't change the fact that it seems to be true, unless I'm dreaming and you're all figments of my imagination."
"I somehow doubt that," Willow replied, raising an eyebrow. Rose looked confused. Except she was still grinning excitedly.
Max eyed Yvette with his cold glare. "What're you, the police? That would make sense. All the police seem to use Growlithe, after all."
"Police?" Willow looked puzzled. "'Use'?"

"What? I'm not a police pokemon! I'm still trying to get them to not glare at me wherever I go!" Yvette's eyes widened, and she covered her face with her paw, "I probably said a bit too much..." she thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom