• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poke Ball Factory idea

I think that a ball switcher should require you to have the ball type you wish to use, so that things like cherish balls stay special. And the original ball gets destroyed. A reusable Master Ball would be the biggest game breaker since Wobuffet. If Wob could learn Taunt.

I think that a ball switcher should require you to have the ball type you wish to use, so that things like cherish balls stay special. And the original ball gets destroyed. A reusable Master Ball would be the biggest game breaker since Wobuffet. If Wob could learn Taunt.

What's so broken about Wobbuffet?

What's so broken about Wobbuffet?

Wobbufett has NO offensive moves and its ability (Shadow Tag) locks your opponent in battle. Give it leftovers to take advantage of its high HP.

Couple the above with the fact that it can return special/physical moves at 2x damage with Mirror Coat/Counter and you could possibly take down entire teams easily. Add to the fact that Wynaut knows Encore, you can simply lock your opponent into using a physical/special move and just basically let them kill themselves or set up for another one of your pokémon to take them down.

It was worse in generation III Wobbufet vs Wobbufet stall anyone? Not pretty.

If you gave it Taunt (which it cannot have), you more or less force your opponent into attacking you (and hurting themselves in the process).

-----------------------------------

Back to the main topic, I like having the idea that you have to boot the villain team out of the factory before you can use it.

On a side note, how about making the background music something that sounds vaguely like AC/DC's Big Balls?

Wobbufett has NO offensive moves and its ability (Shadow Tag) locks your opponent in battle. Give it leftovers to take advantage of its high HP.

Couple the above with the fact that it can return special/physical moves at 2x damage with Mirror Coat/Counter and you could possibly take down entire teams easily. Add to the fact that Wynaut knows Encore, you can simply lock your opponent into using a physical/special move and just basically let them kill themselves or set up for another one of your pokémon to take them down.

It was worse in generation III Wobbufet vs Wobbufet stall anyone? Not pretty.

If you gave it Taunt (which it cannot have), you more or less force your opponent into attacking you (and hurting themselves in the process).

That doesn't sound too broken. Yes, it's strong, but so is having a Dragonite beating the crap out of your enemy with Outrage and then switching it out.

That doesn't sound too broken. Yes, it's strong, but so is having a Dragonite beating the crap out of your enemy with Outrage and then switching it out.

You can't switch out of Wobbuffet and if it guesses you correctly you are completely screwed

I think the idea is great, as long as it's incorporated with the story line. I can see it as a Power Plant or Windworks, except with use afterwords. I am, however, totally against buying master balls. Part of having a master ball is choosing what pokemon to use it on. I personally like having the freedom to catch one pokemon without fail, yet still need to catch all the others with actual skill.

I beat SS (Red+E4) with around 300,000 in my pocket. Say I could buy the balls in game for 100,000. Okay, one for Mewtwo, one for Ho-Oh, and one for Rayquaza after I trade a Kyogre into my game.
Where's the fun or skill in that?

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea. You could even get the master ball in Black or White by banishing team [insert name here] as thanks from the manager.

You can't switch out of Wobbuffet and if it guesses you correctly you are completely screwed

The problem with that strategy is that Wobbuffet will still be taking massive damage. Dealing double the damage back will not help it if it's dead. Lots of HP =/= infinite HP.

The problem with that strategy is that Wobbuffet will still be taking massive damage. Dealing double the damage back will not help it if it's dead. Lots of HP =/= infinite HP.

True, true, but let's say you start off with a Wynaut:

its starting moveset would be Charm/Splash/Encore.

Then, level it up, eventually evolving it into a Wobuffet. At level 15, teach it Mirror Coat, Destiny Bond, and Counter, keeping Encore. What happens then...?

Bam: The opponent uses a physical move. Use Encore, then Counter. Opponent's dead. If the opponent uses a special move, use Encore, then Mirror Coat. Give Wobuffet Leftovers or occasionally drop into your bag for a Full Restore

It sounds like a really strong tactic, but is it really that strong that it is broken? A Crunch from a Dark-type with good Attack should be enough to finish Wobbuffet off in one turn, ridiculously high HP or not.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT WOBBUFFET IN THIS THREAD!!! :boom::boom::boom:WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT A POKEBALL FACTORY WOULD BE LIKE!!!:boom::boom::boom:

I'd love to be able to switch hatched pokemon into different balls. That'd make me the happiest person in the world :D

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom