• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poke Ball Factory idea

I'd love to be able to switch hatched pokemon into different balls. That'd make me the happiest person in the world :D

I really don't see any point. The only ball to be able to switch a pokemon into is a friend ball. But I really don't see this idea ever happening.

Being able to change Pokémon into Luxury Balls, for example, would have real use besides aesthetics.

I like this idea. I also like (and have liked for some time now) the idea of alternate Electrode forms based on the different Pokeballs.

And a machine that could change which Pokeball your Pokemon is in? Not a bad idea at all.

I am not really a fan of changing the ball it's in. What is the use?

i think this is a great idea! Not only would it make a great side-mission (say, the villain team is forcing the scientists to make a super-master ball or something), but it would also be a great place to stock up on balls...maybe make it a Fly-To point. Also, a machine to change balls would be great. I like my team in balls that match what they look like.

Ah, but Axel my friend. That would ruin the point of ever buying a ball either than a regular poke ball.
Maybe you could pay a small fee for changing balls. The difference between the fees of the current ball and the one that your changing to.

Ah, but Axel my friend. That would ruin the point of ever buying a ball either than a regular poke ball.
Maybe you could pay a small fee for changing balls. The difference between the fees of the current ball and the one that your changing to.

No it wouldn't. It would be a pain in the ass to catch a legend in a pokeball.

I like this idea. I'm tired of every single pokemon I breed being in a plain pokeball :(

I like this idea. I'm tired of every single pokemon I breed being in a plain pokeball :(

While I don't see the need to have a Poke Ball factory for changing the ball of wild Pokemon you've caught, I do agree with what you've said about bred Pokemon.

Personally, I think that when an egg hatches, you should be given a choice of any type of Poke Ball currently in your inventory to "capture" it in. It would be a guaranteed capture, as the Pokemon would just be a newborn, so the regular capture rates wouldn't apply.

No it wouldn't. It would be a pain in the ass to catch a legend in a pokeball.
I'm not saying you have to use a pokeball. I'm saying that you should pay the difference between the poke balls you're changing.

But for example, you catch a budew in a regular poke ball, and you want it to have maximum happiness. So you take it to the pokeball factory and change your budew's regular ball to a luxury ball. You should have to pay the 800 pokemon dollar differance.

That's what I was responding too. You'd still have to CATCH the pokemon, and you can't catch the best in a Pokeball. At least, not easily.

No, because I was working on the assumption that you have to have the ball you want to change into in your bag. For example, your carrying a Premier Ball, and a Pikachu caught in a Great Ball. You go to the place, you lose the Premier Ball, as it is now on Pikachu, and you lose the Great Ball, to avoid reuse of Master Balls.

I like the idea. As long s it's twisted within the plot or you change your Pokemon's ball with it :)

lol @ thread. just, lol.

I like the idea of a PokeBall factory, especially considering how modern & technologically advanced Isshu is said to be. Given Isshu's geographical location in that it's a lot further away from the other regions than has been previously seen, an over-speculative fan could say that a PokeBall factory is possible. I'd like to see it myself, and maybe it could replace Kurt and the apricorns. The PokeBall factory could sell/make you rare PokeBalls (such as Heavy Balls etc). I don't want to see another Kurt idea in that you can make PokeBalls from some sort of collectable fruit/item. I think that should be left to rest with HG/SS.

The enemy team could possibly try and take over the PokeBall factory or demand that they create them a Master Ball, and naturally the player character turns up and saves the day and as a thankyou the player is given the prototype Master Ball.

I think the factory should just make regular PokéBalls, while the different PokéBall types are left up to Kurt and anyone like him if another is introduced.

I think the factory should just make regular PokéBalls, while the different PokéBall types are left up to Kurt and anyone like him if another is introduced.
lol @ thread. just, lol.

I like the idea of a PokeBall factory, especially considering how modern & technologically advanced Isshu is said to be. Given Isshu's geographical location in that it's a lot further away from the other regions than has been previously seen, an over-speculative fan could say that a PokeBall factory is possible. I'd like to see it myself, and maybe it could replace Kurt and the apricorns. The PokeBall factory could sell/make you rare PokeBalls (such as Heavy Balls etc). I don't want to see another Kurt idea in that you can make PokeBalls from some sort of collectable fruit/item. I think that should be left to rest with HG/SS.

The enemy team could possibly try and take over the PokeBall factory or demand that they create them a Master Ball, and naturally the player character turns up and saves the day and as a thankyou the player is given the prototype Master Ball.
KURT STEALS HIS "CUSTOM" POKEBALLS!!!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom