• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the free trial isn't renewed. For me, I started using my free trial since December 25th, and it ended a few days ago. Meaning, I have to start paying the fee to use it. I don't know if they're going to change it, but even after the International release, it's likely we won't be getting renewals.

Ah, the Nintendo touch.

In fairness, the Asian sector has received the bank twice AND it has been at least functional enough to allow for a great number of transports.

It's possible. I noticed the announcement for that maintenance on the PGL yesterday. I thought it was just part of the scheduled maintenance but it seems not to be so. Perhaps it could be...Well, we'll have to wait and see.

Also, the free trial isn't renewed. For me, I started using my free trial since December 25th, and it ended a few days ago. Meaning, I have to start paying the fee to use it. I don't know if they're going to change it, but even after the International release, it's likely we won't be getting renewals.

Ah, the Nintendo touch.

In fairness, the Asian sector has received the bank twice AND it has been at least functional enough to allow for a great number of transports.

Not twice. Didn't I just say that the free trial was never renewed? Out of 30 days we lost over ten days of use because the Bank kept disconnecting and triggered errors. So technically, the release of Bank wasn't done properly enough and they're directly charging us to pay without letting us fully use the free 30 days.

Not twice. Didn't I just say that the free trial was never renewed? Out of 30 days we lost over ten days of use because the Bank kept disconnecting and triggered errors. So technically, the release of Bank wasn't done properly enough and they're directly charging us to pay without letting us fully use the free 30 days.

I'm not saying it's not stupid for them to not be renewing the trial (whoa that was too many negatives), just that it does make a little bit of sense that they aren't because the bank has technically been released twice in the same territory, once on the 25th, and once a few days ago. Even though there were blackouts the service did still function for a small amount of the time between those releases, so I can see their logic.
However, I completely agree that it is a deplorable practice under the circumstances NOT to be offering a new free trial period. It almost makes me wonder if Nintendo/Game Freak are TRYING to lose credibility.

Then again, it's not like I didn't expect Bank to be such a mess. I didn't expect it to be like this, but I certainly expected things to go awry. why trust a company that has shown continuously that it cannot competently use internet features with something like this?

I'm not saying it's not stupid for them to not be renewing the trial (whoa that was too many negatives), just that it does make a little bit of sense that they aren't because the bank has technically been released twice in the same territory, once on the 25th, and once a few days ago. Even though there were blackouts the service did still function for a small amount of the time between those releases, so I can see their logic.

I can't, not in the slightest. It's completely illogical. It's a service designed for a worldwide market, not Japan.

However, I completely agree that it is a deplorable practice under the circumstances NOT to be offering a new free trial period. It almost makes me wonder if Nintendo/Game Freak are TRYING to lose credibility.

Then again, it's not like I didn't expect Bank to be such a mess. I didn't expect it to be like this, but I certainly expected things to go awry. why trust a company that has shown continuously that it cannot competently use internet features with something like this?

I can't, not in the slightest. It's completely illogical. It's a service designed for a worldwide market, not Japan.

I don't see the logic either because like Heredity said, it's designed to be used by people all over the world. It is certainly disappointing that they did not offer a renewal for the trial period when their clients have had trouble accessing their programs because of their unexpected problems regarding the release. They caused their clients to lose several days of the free trial period and didn't offer a renewal - and I don't expect the clients to be happy with their service...

Last edited:

How wrong you are. It is made for japan. If it ever does make it to anywhere else thats just a bonus for nintendo. But dont feel yourself, it is for japan as can be seen by how they released it in japan twice and havent released it anywhere else once

How wrong you are. It is made for japan. If it ever does make it to anywhere else thats just a bonus for nintendo. But dont feel yourself, it is for japan as can be seen by how they released it in japan twice and havent released it anywhere else once

Yeah, that's exactly why Pokemon Bank was announced in a Nintendo Direct that was translated to several different non-Japanese languages and then streamed simultaneously worldwide. Of course.

Yeah, that's exactly why Pokemon Bank was announced in a Nintendo Direct that was translated to several different non-Japanese languages and then streamed simultaneously worldwide. Of course.

Have you seen pokemon bank in anywhere other than asia yet? Me neither. Case closed. Pokemon bank has been down for a month. And now that it is functional we still dont get it even though japan already had it. Dont try to trick yourself into believing they actually care about anyone else

Well excuse me, but they released it in Korea as well.

Sorry, I meant to say asia. But yeah, I dont see why they show so much favoritism in asia with no good reason. Everything is in place and ready, its a bit illogical to hold off on releasing it anywhere else just so they can feel superior for a few weeks

Sorry, I meant to say asia. But yeah, I dont see why they show so much favoritism in asia with no good reason. Everything is in place and ready, its a bit illogical to hold off on releasing it anywhere else just so they can feel superior for a few weeks

I don't see any favoritism, and I don't see them feeling superior for a few weeks. Sure, some of us got Bank early, but it was messed up. Nearly half the time we were unable to use Bank at all, and you probably heard about hacks getting transferred over - AND as I said previously, before the update some event pokemon that were legally distributed (at least the Genesect one) couldn't make it over because the Bank refused to let them through. Their clients had to deal with all the hassle that was obviously Nintendo's/GF's fault and yet they offered no renewal even though we lost quite a few days out of the free trial. Instead, they went and directly charged us. Quite the service they are offering there.

I don't see how getting a faulty Bank early could let someone feel superior. When the Bank is released Internationally, I'm pretty sure everyone else is going to be able to use a perfected/patched/well-updated Bank while we had to use an 'inferior' version right till the free 30 days were up . Sure, we can still pay for the updated Bank, but this is pretty much a less-than-happy situation. This was very disappointing.

I don't see any favoritism, and I don't see them feeling superior for a few weeks. Sure, some of us got Bank early, but it was messed up. Nearly half the time we were unable to use Bank at all, and you probably heard about hacks getting transferred over - AND as I said previously, before the update some event pokemon that were legally distributed (at least the Genesect one) couldn't make it over because the Bank refused to let them through. Their clients had to deal with all the hassle that was obviously Nintendo's/GF's fault and yet they offered no renewal even though we lost quite a few days out of the free trial. Instead, they went and directly charged us. Quite the service they are offering there.

I don't see how getting a faulty Bank early could let someone feel superior. When the Bank is released Internationally, I'm pretty sure everyone else is going to be able to use a perfected/patched/well-updated Bank while we had to use an 'inferior' version right till the free 30 days were up . Sure, we can still pay for the updated Bank, but this is pretty much a less-than-happy situation. This was very disappointing.

you couldnt have honestly thought they were delaying it for no reason could you?

you couldnt have honestly thought they were delaying it for no reason could you?
Why would they delay it for no reason?

So you have to pay for it like you do now

Wait, I'm sorry but did this conversation just 180º?

Why would they delay it for no reason?

So you have to pay for it like you do now

Wait, I'm sorry but did this conversation just 180º?

No. Japan still atleast has it. I would pay the 5 dollars for it if need be but we dont even have the option. And they will probably do the same to us

Im sure Pokemon Bank will be released outside of Asia soon. It was made to be a service to be used worldwide in the first place.

I also am unsure why they didn't renew the free trial, that's puzzling.

I was worried that might happen. It did seem rather long to do some work on the servers and it would make sense they would wait out the trial to maximize their profits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom