• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White Versions Revealed: Gen V names announced early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Black and White? Awesome names! And I do see a light type coming... Mainly on White version....

For those who are speculating on significantly more mature themes - this is Nintendo, don't get your hopes up too much.

Also.

has anyone realised that this is the first time 2 generations are released in the same console?

red/blue/green - gameboy
gold/silver/crystal - gameboy colour
ruby/saphire/emerald - GBA
diamond/pearl/platinum - DS
black/white - DS again?

Gold and Silver were playable on the original Game Boy.

WTF. What is wrong with the names? I don't know why everyone is going off about the names.

This is exactly what happened with HG/SS. People bitched and complained about it and then the name-bitching ended and everyone moved on. nd then Black and White were announced and people start bitching again. IT'S JUST A COLOR.

WTF. What is wrong with the names? I don't know why everyone is going off about the names.

This is exactly what happened with HG/SS. People bitched and complained about it and then the name-bitching ended and everyone moved on. nd then Black and White were announced and people start bitching again. IT'S JUST A COLOR.

^Thisx100.

~Ash&Silver

Black and White, eh? Nice to see Game Freak sticking with the classics. I wonder what the third game will be. Gray, perhaps?

I think I'll get Black (because I'm an eeeemoooo teenager), but I guess it's too early to choose.

I still really hope we don't get a Light-type, through.

EDIT: To some of you, I would like to point out that Darker and Edgier almost never works. (Warning! Link to the Wiki That Shall Eat Up All of Your Free Time.

Last edited:
Because it's a horrible, unnecessary idea.

And no, Dark-type does NOT justify the existence of a Light-type.
Anybody that continues to desire this shall have their tongues removed.

Crazy speculators... Why I oughta...

Then ye shall proceed in the cutting of my tongue... for I believe that having a type to be the complete opposite of a Dark-type makes sense.

EDIT: To some of you, I would like to point out that Darker and Edgier almost never works. (Warning! Link to the Wiki That Shall Eat Up All of Your Free Time.

I lol'd hard at the Hardcore Smurfs.:lol: And yes people... even though these games might have a good vs. evil theme, that doesn't mean Pokemon is gonna become more "hardcore". I think Game Freak is capable of having a good vs. evil theme in a Pokemon game and yet "dumb it down" to family-friendly standards.

I lol'd hard at the Hardcore Smurfs.:lol: And yes people... even though these games might have a good vs. evil theme, that doesn't mean Pokemon is gonna become more "hardcore". I think Game Freak is capable of having a good vs. evil theme in a Pokemon game and yet "dumb it down" to family-friendly standards.

...But you gotta remember, this is still considered a tentative name, kinda like Gold and Silver were Pocket Monsters 2 before they were released. Maybe Black and White has more to do with colors or regional differences, but not necessarily good vs evil. If there is good vs evil, then what will the third version be? Neutral Gray?

...But you gotta remember, this is still considered a tentative name, kinda like Gold and Silver were Pocket Monsters 2 before they were released. Maybe Black and White has more to do with colors or regional differences, but not necessarily good vs evil. If there is good vs evil, then what will the third version be? Neutral Gray?

They aren't tentative titles. "Pocket Monsters 2" was being tossed around, what, three years before the games were finally released? We're within six months of Black and White's release, I think they're pretty damn sure these are the final titles.

True, my statement does suck with the logos present, but just like Gen IV and Zoroark, Pokemon has been unpredictable. I see that the names will stay, but lets see if the Good vs Eliv concept stands in the end...

But... the concept isn't actually conceptualized yet. Can't have what doesn't exist, right?

We've got titles. That's all. Most people are going nutty, crazy, and bonkers over their own theories and guesses, but it's pure conjecture.

I know you know this, Game Maker. And you know I know that you know this. And of course, I know that you know that I know that YOU know this. I'm just bored.

there isn't a good vs evil concept yet. Just black vs white, in unracist tones.

Not necessarily even black vs white. They could be working in harmony to defeat the evil... brown

Or something. I dunno.

Then ye shall proceed in the cutting of my tongue... for I believe that having a type to be the complete opposite of a Dark-type makes sense.

Actually it isn't. Originally the Dark type is called "Evil type" (Aku) in the Japanese versions, so there is no "Darkness VS Light" theme, it's just a translation error/localization change and nothing more. The real opposite would then be a "Goodness" type, but that is already represented by the Fighting type.

And I also don't think the third version will be called Gray. Pikachu, Crystal and Platinum have showed us that third versions don't have to follow the concept of the original two, so it can be any color. Purple would be great in my opinion.

First thing i thought of, if only MJ was alive, Nintendo would use him so much......... But I do not want light type b/c of White Version

I know you know this, Game Maker. And you know I know that you know this. And of course, I know that you know that I know that YOU know this. I'm just bored.

...I don't know what you're sayin'. The concept is delevoped ever since Black and White exsisted in time, so naturally the human mind assumed the concept whenever black and white were paired up.

I hope the version mascos have more color, though. Giratina, Arceus and Darkrai are too dull (too gray, too white, too black), and dulled up a lot of Gen IV chunks...

I would think that Zoroark would be the "main" pokemon in Pokemon Black and a light version of it would be the main one for Pokemon White.

I would think that Zoroark would be the "main" pokemon in Pokemon Black and a light version of it would be the main one for Pokemon White.

We've had two sets of artwork for each of the new Pokemon, in one they are brownish with orange "hair", and in the other, black with red "hair".

I don't really think Zoroak will be the Black Version box-mon

We've had two sets of artwork for each of the new Pokemon, in one they are brownish with orange "hair", and in the other, black with red "hair".

I don't really think Zoroak will be the Black Version box-mon

I thought the brown one was because of the poor quality of the scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom