• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Creepypasta V.2 (Read First Post Before Posting)

I'm bord. I want to write a pasta. Anyone got a Pokemon they want me to write a story on like my last one? (Diary Style)

Well, after a nightmare I had last night, I felt inspired to write the following creepypasta. And it doesn't help that I have a Drifloon plush in my bed...

I love the Pokémon games, but what really bugged me was how exaggerated some of the Pokédex entries were. Like Kadabra's FireRed Pokédex entry, which states that a boy with psychic powers transformed into a Kadabra. Give me a break.

My friends all knew how I felt about the Pokédex's tendency to stretch the truth, too. One of my friends, a ROM hacker, gave me a small package on my last birthday. I opened it up, and it contained a DS cartridge. Pokémon Diamond. My friend called it "Pokémon Diamond of Truth". He said it was a regular Pearl version, but edited so the Pokédex entries weren't quite so exaggerated. This pleased me greatly. Naturally, I went up to my room that night, and started to play. I picked Chimchar as my starter, and made note of the Pokedex entry;

"It agilely scales sheer cliffs to live atop craggy mountains. Its fire is put out when it sleeps. "

Interested to see what my friend meant, I went into a battle with him over wireless. His Parasect used Spore on my Chimchar. Sure enough, Chimchar's sprite changed- no flame on the tail!

This was fantastic. I played through the game, catching a Bidoof and a Shinx in the process. After I reached Eterna City, I decided to double back to Valley Windworks, as it was Friday and I wanted a Drifloon. However, Drifloon wasn't there. Confused, I went in and talked to the little girl. Instead of her usual speech, she said;

"The balloon Pokémon comes here every Friday night! But I'm not supposed to go near it..."

That was odd. Then I remembered that Drifloon's Pokédex entries usually talked about how children who grab it tend to end up missing. I smiled. My friend really didn't miss a beat! So I returned to the Valley Windworks that night. There was Drifloon, floating there as usual. I saved my game, lest I knock it out, faced Drifloon, and pressed A.

"FLOOOON!"

Odd, I don't remember it being in all caps. The battle then commenced as usual.

"A wild DRIFLOON appeared..."

OK, now I'm sure there was supposed to be an exclamation mark at the end of the sentence. Thinking nothing of it, I watch as my character sends out Luxio. I select "Spark", but oddly, Drifloon moves first.

"The wild DRIFLOON used Scary Face!"

Scary Face? Since when does Drifloon learn Scary Face? But that was nothing compared to what happened next.

"LUXIO became terrified!"

Luxio's Speed was supposed to decrease. What is this?!

"LUXIO is terrified!"

"LUXIO is too scared to move!"

WHAT?! I select Spark again, now a little freaked out. Drifloon moves first again.

"The wild DRIFLOON used Torture!"

Then came the Scary Face animation, followed by the animation that happens with Curse, you know, when the nail gets driven into the Pokemon's body? Except it happened to Luxio. Luxio's HP then plummeted to 1.

"LUXIO is in agony!"

"LUXIO is too scared to move!"

Now completely freaked out, I select "Run".

"There is no escape."

"The wild DRIFLOON used Drag To Hell!"

The animation for Constrict played, then both Drifloon and Luxio slid to the right and off the screen. The battle ended abruptly. I was back in the overworld, and Drifloon was gone. Then came the text box:

"DRIFLOON took LUXIO to Hell!"

"..."

And then Drifloon's overworld sprite appeared once more, and a battle commenced again. This time, however, the music was lower in pitch and slower.

"The wild DRIFLOON returned..."

"Go... BIBAREL..."

I selected Run.

"There is no escape. Foolish mortal."

The text changed. What in hell was going on here?!

"The wild DRIFLOON used Torture!"

"BIBAREL is in agony!"

I check my party. Luxio is gone! An idea then occurred to me. I went into the bag and selected a Poké Ball and used it. Drifloon was sucked into the ball, but escaped almost immediately. Then this is what I see.

"The wild DRIFLOON used Embargo!"

"ADAM can't use items anymore!"

Wait a second. Adam was MY trainer name! I try to use another Poké Ball, but once I click "use", I get the following message:

"Hurry, get away!"

And then I'm back to the battle screen. Reluctantly I select Bibarel's Water Gun, but then...

End of battle. Same story now. Drifloon returns, and the battle starts up again. The music is so low and slow now it sounds downright demonic.

"DRIFLOON is back..."

"ADAM is refusing to send out MONFERNO!"

"The wild DRIFLOON used Psychic!"

"ADAM was forced to throw the Poké Ball!"

"Go... MONFERNO..."

I was very scared at this point. I knew what was going to happen, and I knew there was no stopping it. But then I remember, I gave Monferno my Quick Claw! I'm not sure why I did it, but now I have a glimmer of hope. Maybe, just maybe, the Quick Claw can activate, and Monferno can KO Drifloon and end this nightmare! I select Flame Wheel, and to my delight, the Quick Claw activation animation plays!

"MONFERNO used Flame Wheel!"

YES! It hits Drifloon, its HP goes down and... stops... at... one...

"The wild DRIFLOON endured the hit!"

WHAAAAAAAT?! And then the following text appears;

"DRIFLOON: Compared to the flames of Hell, a Flame Wheel is nothing."

"The wild DRIFLOON used Drag to Hell!"

"ADAM is out of living Pokémon!"

"ADAM dropped P5,000 in sheer terror!"

"..."

"ADAM blacked out!"

Then the screen went black, and the text came up. But instead of saying I scurried to a Pokémon center, it said:

"ADAM tried to flee to a Pokémon Center, but DRIFLOON wouldn't allow it!"

Then I returned to the overworld, still at the Valley Windworks (now in the midst of a thunderstorm for some reason), still facing Drifloon. I couldn't do anything. The d-pad didn't respond. The X button didn't work. All I could do was face Drifloon and press A.

"DRIFLOON: Did you really think I would let you live?"

And then another battle started. No music whatsoever.

"DRIFLOON is back for your soul!"

My backsprite stayed in place. On the touch screen, only one option was there: Surrender. Extremely reluctantly, I tapped "Surrender".

The entire screen went black. Touch screen as well. Then, text began appearing on the top screen, scrolling across ever so slowly, in blood-red letters;

"It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing."

The game froze at that point. Extremely freaked out, I shut off the DS.

The next morning, I turned my DS back on, hoping against hope that it was all just a horrible dream. To my relief, I was still standing in the Valley Windworks, in front of Drifloon. I fled the Valley Windworks and caught a Starly as my flier instead.

Later on, I tried to call up my friend, demanding to know what compelled him to program such a horrific sequence into the game. Instead, his mother picked up, clearly fighting back tears. Turns out my friend was missing. He was last seen near the local power plant, holding what seemed to be a purple helium balloon.

With a mustache.

Whoa. Pretty creepy! Especially the ending. What a twist!

-peeks into the board- Hello there. I'm another one of those members that managed to be roped in by the creepypasta. After reading so much of what had been posted, I decided to come up with a story myself.

Warning in advance: This is very, very long. I ramble like a crazy person when I write. -sets out anti-teal deer traps-

As for a Pokemon suggestion...uhm. -think- Maybe Gyarados? They're violent enough as it is, which could make some pretty neat creepypasta.

I was a little late when it came to jumping on the Nintendo DS bandwagon. There never were any games that I was particularly interested in playing, and as a college student, I didn't have that much money to waste on what I considered to be trivial things anyway. Even when Pokemon Pearl and Diamond were released, I hesitated to buy a DS. If I waited long enough, the prices would go down on both the DS and the games, so why bother to rush to buy either of them? A couple years passed and I all but forgot about the newest generation of Pokemon, until I saw a commercial for Pokemon Platinum.

My interest was piqued and, after mental farewells to any food other than ramen for a while, I sucked it up and purchased both a used DS and Pokemon Platinum. I grudgingly tolerated some of the more bizarre Pokemon designs (Budew, indeed) by reminding myself that even the first generation had its fair share of strange designs (Mr. Mime, Jynx and Eggsecute to name a few). Despite my dislike for some of the new Pokemon, it quickly became one of my favorite games in the series, thanks entirely to the main antagonist, Cyrus. Sure, other antagonists had decided it was a good idea to screw up the world, but Aqua and Magma's goals had been done to benefit the Pokemon they happened to like.

Cyrus? He thought that the world was incomplete, and wanted to completely erase existence, only to start over anew as he saw fit. To do this, he not only captured, tortured and experimented on a trio of legendaries, but he also controlled two other legendaries for a short while. Damn. Being a fan of villains, I was a bit miffed when his plans came crashing down around him, even though I fully expected it to happen. Being the loser that I am, I left the game saved just before I was supposed to go fight Team Galactic to free the lake trio, so I could re-experience Cyrus' monologues, freak outs and other assorted goodies associated with the little creep.

College caught up to me again, and I was forced to abandon all video games in favor of keeping my grades up. By the time summer rolled around, I had found other video games to play other than Platinum, so my DS went largely unused. I did purchase HeartGold, but it wasn't until I heard about the upcoming Pokemon White and Black that I began to take an interest in my DS again. I hoped that the next antagonist would be just as morally depraved as Cyrus was, as it had been proven that there could be a serious villain in a franchise that was supposed to be marketed towards children. To pep myself up for the new Pokemon games, I decided that I'd play through Team Galactic's headquarters one more time.

As I hadn't played Platinum in a while, I watched the opening sequence. The familiar Pokemon theme made me smile, and it wasn't long before I was humming along. My smile faltered when the music and graphics faded away. The DS went silent for a few seconds, and I began to panic. Had my game become corrupted somehow?
Just as I was about to turn the DS off, a distorted screech blasted out of the speakers. A low and continuous rumbling came after the screech, causing the DS to shake in my hands, and I watched as a text box formed on the screen.

“It's been a while.”

I just stared at the words. There was a slight pause, but the text automatically cleared from the screen, followed shortly thereafter by more text.

“You're confused. Understandable. Do you even know who I am?”

The option to reply with “Yes,” or No,” appeared on the screen. I bit my lip as I selected the latter answer. The game, or whoever was within the game, made their response.

“...I see. The ability or desire to remember dark times isn't a strong point in humanity. We'd much rather forget the darkness that nearly swallowed us, as the emotions associated with such a near demise would be difficult to cope with. How odd that a species that champions the so-called 'benefits' of emotions would choose to avoid them as well.”

By now, I was completely dumbfounded. I hadn't heard about anything like this happening in all my time spent lurking on the internet. It reminded me of a few stories I had read, but those were all fictional. This...was something very different. In an attempt to calm myself down, I forced myself to believe that this was a dream.
Those attempts were nearly crushed as text continued to scroll across the screen, and in the back of my mind I now had an idea as to who might be speaking to me.

“Why do you continue to delude yourself? Your emotions may have been what drove you before, but you'll only damn yourself in the end. You'll come to understand this soon. “

The moment that the text box cleared from the scene, I found myself staring at the sprite of my trainer. It took me a little while to realize that she was in her room, which only confused and unnerved me further. I hadn't saved there, and no one else had used my DS. There was no music, either, just the same, low rumbling from before.

The more I studied the scene, I began to notice other things. My trainer's sprite looked much older than her ten year old incarnation, and the general color scheme to the area was darker than it normally was. Taking a deep breath, I walked my trainer downstairs.
Once the scene had shifted to the main room of the house, it became quite clear that something was amiss. My mother wasn't in her usual spot, and the scene seemed to grow darker still. I wanted nothing more than to turn the DS off at this point, but I forced myself to continue. This was only a dream, nothing was going to happen.

I moved my character outside, jumping in surprise when the rumblings were punctuated with the distorted screech I had heard earlier. An exclamation point appeared over my trainer's head, and she moved on her own up towards Route 201, and from there on to Lake Verity. The game transitioned over to the lake, and the screen moved upwards to reveal a single person standing by the lake. My grip on the DS tightened. Cyrus was standing where he had been at the beginning of Pokemon Platinum, his back to my trainer. She slowly walked towards him, halting when a text box appeared.

“Mesprit, the being of emotion. It's fitting that you were born and raised nearby the very lake that houses that creature. You defended what you believed to be the validity of emotions...and yet you were unable to understand that your perceptions of emotions were tainted.”

Cyrus turned and walked past my trainer, with her turning to face him as he moved around her. He stopped a short distance away from her, and moved back towards her. They stared across at one another, and Cyrus continued to speak.

“And what did you gain in the end? Were you more assured that your beliefs were correct, and that mine were false?”

The ability to respond with “Yes,” and No,” appeared again. I took a deep breath as I answered in the affirmative.

“...”

The ellipses was Cyrus' only answer, and he turned away from my trainer. An unnerving silence stretched for several moments before another text box appeared.

“It's foolish of you to believe in that arrogance. Strength does not make truths, nor do victories decide what is right. The only truth to be had here is that you won, and I lost.”
He turned back to face my trainer.
“I can see that you're still tainted by the incompleteness that plagues this world. So be it. If you believe that victory defines the truths of this world, I will show you my truths.”

The screen flashed as a battle initiated between my trainer and Cyrus, though his battle music didn't begin to play. Instead, I was greeted with harsh and garbled noises that sounded seemingly at random. The rumbling increased in volume as well, causing the DS to shake in my already shaking hands. I didn't know if I still had my Pokemon team with me, and even though Cyrus only had four Pokemon himself, I wasn't sure I could win against him.

My jaw dropped when Cyrus sent out his first Pokemon, Azelf, against me. Seeing my trainer send out her Bronzong didn't help to calm my nerves, if anything, I was even more nervous. Nevertheless, this was a battle I couldn't afford to lose.

Given that Azelf had an incredibly high speed compared to my Bronzong, I selected the move Gyro Ball.

“Azelf is glowing...”

I blinked when I spied the text. While that had been the text used for Sky Attack, it had been changed for this generation. That, and I wasn't sure if Azelf could learn that particular move. I shrugged it off and watched as Bronzong used Gyro Ball. It managed to do considerable damage, which gave me a bit of hope.

As if he had picked up on that faint glimmer of hope, Cyrus' sprite moved onto the battlefield.

“Useless. If I could not destroy the human spirit, what makes you believe that you can?”

The screen flashed before I could select another attack, and I watched in horror as my Bronzong's hit points rapidly fell to zero.

“Bronzong has lost the will to fight. Bronzong has died.”

“WHAT?” I yelped, drawing a shuddering breath as the prompt to send out a new Pokemon appeared on screen. I wasn't sure if it mattered which Pokemon I sent out at this point, but I selected my Luxray anyway, based on the fact that it knew Crunch. Even after I had sent it out, Cyrus still remained upon the battlefield.

“Have you come to know despair? Will you accept that you are the one with the erroneous perceptions of reality?” Despite my fear, I scowled at the text box, watching as other text scrolled across. “Your arrogance has already cost you dearly...but if you're determined to cling to your tattered reality, you leave me with no choice.” He vanished from the battle field as he recalled Azelf and sent out Uxie in its place.

I bit my lip again as I hesitantly hovered the stylus over Luxray's Crunch attack. If Uxie had an attack similar to Azelf's, I needed to take it out in one hit. If Luxray got a critical hit, it might be possible. I didn't want to lose it as I had lost my Bronzong.

I quickly tapped down onto the screen, wincing as more text appeared.

“Uxie's eyes are twitching...”

“Nonononono,” I mumbled, desperately hoping for a one hit KO at this point. The Crunch attack landed on Uxie, and I dissolved into a string of curses as Uxie was left standing. As before, Cyrus appeared on the battlefield.

“Humanity's accomplishments are worthless. We praise our ingenuity, but knowledge is just as easily lost as it is gained. This applies to Pokemon as well.”

The screen flashed again, and I released a strangled screech. Though I expected Luxray to follow the same fate that the Bronzong had, I was definitely shocked to see that absolutely no damage had been done to him. Cyrus' words instilled me with a sense of dread, and as I hit the fight button, I felt that dread intensify. My Luxray's moveset was blank.

It lingered on the blank moveset for a moment before the game continued on.

“Uxie is watching intently.”

I frowned and looked to Uxie's sprite to see that its eyes were open. The fact that it wasn't attacking probably wasn't good, but I didn't have any choice in the matter. I was beginning to think that I didn't have a choice in anything anymore.

“Luxray used Struggle!” Uxie's health was barely dented by the Luxray's attack, yet the electric type's health dropped to zero. “Luxray understands the futility of its struggles. Luxray has died.”

Damnit!” I glared helplessly at the screen, only vaguely aware that tears were beginning to well in my eyes. By now, I only had two Pokemon left to me; my Staraptor and my Empoleon. Both Pokemon had been with me since the beginning of my journey, and I was far too terrified of losing either one of them. One thing was certain by now, though. I may have adored Cyrus before, but now I wanted him to pay for what he had taken from me. I sent out my Staraptor, putting all of my faith and hope into the fact that it might be able to succeed where the others had not.

“Seeking revenge is a poor way to spend your time.”

All of my anger dissolved as I read Cyrus' words, and fear quickly rushed in to fill the gaps that had been left.

“Regardless of if you succeed or not, the pain will never leave you. Anguish, loathing, despair...you'll suffocate underneath the burden of your emotions, until there is nothing left. Emotions are the true monstrosity, not I.”

“Shut up,” I responded in a terrified hiss. I didn't want to read anything else that Cyrus had to say.

“Silencing me will not change the validity of my statements. You know this. You're beginning to understand, yet you're too stubborn to accept this. Very well. I'll rid you of that harmful emotion.”

My entire body was shaking as Cyrus recalled Uxie and sent out Mesprit. At the moment I didn't care to think about what his final Pokemon may be, all I wanted was to survive this battle with my two last Pokemon. I selected Brave Bird as my attack, my throat constricting as another text box appeared.

“Mesprit hangs her head.”

Though I hoped for a different outcome, my Staraptor wasn't able to defeat Mesprit in one hit. Tears had already began to roll down my cheeks as Cyrus moved onto the battlefield once more.

“Strife exists because emotions do. This is not a debatable point; where there are conflicting emotions, there is strife. Humanity is all too fond of basing all of their truths on emotions alone, and they follow their emotions without question. Were it not for your arrogance, this conflict would have not happened. As much as you like to believe that you're preventing chaos with your actions, you're only encouraging it.”

The screen flashed.

“This is why emotion and spirit must be erased from this world. This is why you must see the truth. This is my justice.”

I shuddered and wiped tears from my eyes, a choked sob sounding in the back of my throat as more text scrolled across the screen.

“Staraptor ignores your cries. Staraptor abandons you.”

The battle ended at that point, bringing the screen back to an overworld view. My trainer was collapsed onto her knees, while Cyrus was standing across from her. The rumbling had quieted somewhat...or was it just my crying that was drowning it out?

“Tell me, why would you wish to torment yourself? Your emotions are causing you nothing but pain...and still you cling to them.” Cyrus took a step towards my fallen character. “When diseases plague the human body, we destroy them through our medicines. No one wishes to suffer if the root of the pain can be eliminated, so why defend emotions if they cause equal or more harm? Aren't they too merely a disease that should be wiped from both humans and Pokemon? Wouldn't destroying such a source of pain for so many creatures be considered a mercy?”

I had had enough at that point. I moved to turn the DS off, only to stop when the distorted screech pierced through the silence yet again. I watched in horror as another battle started between my trainer and Cyrus, the rumbling and screeching reaching a frenzied pitch.

“Do not turn away from me. You understand what you must accept, yet you continue to resist. Witness what your stubbornness has wrought!”

Giratina replaced Cyrus' sprite on the battlefield, and having no other available Pokemon, I was forced to send out my Empoleon. As I was about to select the option to fight, the bottom screen went dark, eliminating any chance of me influencing the outcome of the battle. The top screen slowly faded to black as well, though one small bit of color remained; the red that I could only assume were Giratina's eyes, mouth and the tips to his wings. The dragon's grin widened as it suddenly drew closer to where my Empoleon had been positioned, and I felt all color drain from my face as the tips of its wings repeatedly stabbed downwards. The rumbling had cut out altogether by now, and the only sounds coming from the speakers were sickening cracks and the repeated garbled cry of my Empoleon.

Everything slowly faded into silence, though a text box slowly became visible against the darkness.

“This world is too tainted to salvage. There can be only one solution.” The screens burst with light, forcing me to squint as I struggled to read the remaining text. “Do you remember what I said to you when we parted ways last? 'One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit.' Regrettably I must retract that. You will never see my perfect world. As you have spurned and rejected my arguments, so too will you be rejected. You're all alone now, left to wallow in the crushing sea of your emotions. Perhaps one day you'll be happy with this decision? Or perhaps you'll simply...fade away. Insanity can only be a refuge for so long. Like any disease, your emotions have weakened you, and now they're slowly killing you.”

I threw my DS as hard as I could, wanting nothing more than to get that hateful thing away from me. It slammed against the wall and fell to the ground, but I ignored it as I curled together as tightly as I could be. I sobbed quietly, feeling my consciousness fading. Right before my senses were drowned out by the darkness, I heard the distorted screech one final time.

Last edited:
Okay, that Drifloon one was well written, high octane nightmare fuel.

Personally, I find the creepypastas that feature games that "seem" to know you very creepy.

Later on, I tried to call up my friend, demanding to know what compelled him to program such a horrific sequence into the game. Instead, his mother picked up, clearly fighting back tears. Turns out my friend was missing. He was last seen near the local power plant, holding what seemed to be a purple helium balloon.

With a mustache.

See, if you take the spoiler out and read those consecutively, all that creepiness suddenly dissolves into a flick of awkward humour.

See, if you take the spoiler out and read those consecutively, all that creepiness suddenly dissolves into a flick of awkward humour.

Hm, so it does. Ah, well. Such is the peril of adding "With a mustache" at the end of my posts.

Anyways, let's keep the creepypastas a-coming! I haven't actually come up with a new one yet, but I'm thinking. I'm thinking.

With a mustache. With a mustache.

All right. Quick question: how do you do the show spoiler thing? or is that something that gets done via the site?

Just imagine that this is your favorite Pokémon and you'll see how the title fits. Mine is Eevee so that's what I'm going with. I'm hoping this all fits in with the rules and everything. *sorry if it doesn't. but I just had to try.*

Betrayal

I'm sitting on a crowded bus impatiently trying to get through the used Soul Silver I was forced to buy when my little sister decided it would be a good idea to replay over my Pokémon game. After fiddling around with it so she could save her file, my file became corrupt and the game wouldn't even work anymore. To further angst me, Mom said I would have to just get a new one. My little sis, she always gets her way. The people around me just came from a nice hot day cardinal’s stadium. The nauseating smell of beer, funk, and greasy nachos suffocated me to no end. To escape the cardnals fans disappointed chatter I plunged myself into my game. After weeks worth of work I was finally caught up to where I was in my game. I was fighting against the Elite Four and was nearing the battle with Lance. In my mind, Lance and I were going at it. My Pokémon were on a pretty low level, my strongest was 53, but I love a challenge and I was giving it everything I had. Unfortunately for me Lance was merciless. I lost and was sent to the beginning. Pride hurt but Pokémon healed I looked for somewhere to train. I decided to take the back route from my home town. After playing for so long I started to get a headache, so I saved in the forest and closed the game to play later. The bus just reached my stop and I was happy to jump off leaving the stinky smell of people behind.

After talking to mom and fighting my little sister (another argument!)I went to rest in my room I plugged my DSi up and got under the covers. I opened my DSi and started to train in the forest by Victory Road. It was so routine....my eyes closed just for a minute. I opened them and I noticed I was standing next to a new entrance. I walked through the entrance assuming I had just found something rare in the game. I walked through the short cave and when I came out on the other side I was in a darker forest. I sat up and began to explore this area. Maybe this is where I find Celeby? Instead my character stops and an Eevee runs up to it. Eevee looked worried and panicked. She cried at my spite, seeming to ask it for help. Then she looked behind her, cried out and then hid behind my character. A sprite looking like a brute comes up to my sprite girl demanding I hand over the Eevee. Eevee shakes behind me with fear. The question bored pops up: yes/no? "Heck no." I tell myself as I click on that response and get ready for a throw down. The brute spite replies, "You don't understand! I want that Pokémon! I have to kill it!" What? Kill?!? This guys going down. I choose the "no" response again. The brute roars and challenges me to a battle for it. The brute character had 3 Pokémon to my 5. (Wait 5? I was sure I had a full house...) I battled him. His 3 Pokémon were a Pinser taken out by my Pidgot, a Cawdaught taken out by my Amphrous, and a Gliscor taken out by my Vaporieon. After defeating him I didn't even win any prize money. The brute character got impatient but his pokes were gone so what could he do? The little guys’ window came up.
"..."
"....fine."
"Keep the Pokémon." He started to walk off my screen and I was feeling quite proud of myself until he turned around just before he left and said,
"But...your gonna be sorry."
"Hahaha!"
"Yeah you deserve all your gonna get!" Then he rushed off my screen. My sprit turns to the grateful Eevee who seems so happy with what I had just done. The window popped up.
"Have Eevee join your party?"
Why not? More Eevee's to me the better. It's my favorite Pokémon after all! I clicked on the "yes" response and watched Eevee bounce up and down with joy. Good thing I had a spot open for it. After all that happened, the game returned me to my home in the game. I was surrounded by the professor and his associates, my mom and my rival’s mom. I had just finished telling them Eevee's story and they were commending me for my bravery and how happy they were that little Eevee wasn't hurt. Then I was sent back up to my room with the Eevee and had a chance to nickname it and check its stats. It was a Naughty nature and was on level 20 like the Eevee from Bill. I saw nothing wrong with this Pokémon, why would someone wanna kill it? I didn't want to think about it anymore. I choose to save it there and go to sleep. I was quite tired after that drama bit. I closed the game and fell into an uneasy sleep.

In my dream, the Eevee rescue played its self out again in my dreams. I beat the brute and he made his empty threats. The scene haunted me till I awoke in the twilight hours. Not being able to sleep I opened the game up. And noticed my character was in bed with the Eevee. Funny, I didn't remember doing that. The screen then blacked out. When the screen came to the room had changed. It took me a minute but then I realized. Strange, the room looked like my room. I closed the game and took some deep breaths I had to be dreaming or something. Suddenly, I hear a noise of something falling down stairs. Figuring it was my little sister; I got up lazily and walked to the door. As I opened the door to my room I looked out I nearly fell down the stairs. That was weird because there was a hall with 2 other rooms before, now here was just stairs to downstairs. ...Just like in the game. I rushed to the DSi and opened it to see my pixie standing by her bed like me looking at something like a DS. I walked to my door and she copied my every step. I walked down the stairs and she did the same. What was going on? My house downstairs now looked exactly like the game. I walked to the front door and went outside. I was in New Bark town. I was sure except there was no one there. Not a soul. I decided to try Professor Elm's place. As I entered I said "Hello?" My DSi lit up. I looked to see my words on the game.
"Hello?" I took steps forward and saw something in the shadows. Against my better judgment I stepped closer. (Maybe I wasn't in control) The closer I got the more everything in me wanted to run away. Finally I was within arm’s length to touch it. I reached over, slowly and cautiously. I grabbed it and pulled it into the light. At first I saw something white, then red, then pink. Then it all came into focus. It was Professor Elm. Sick and scared I ran as fast as I could out the lab and threw up outside. I looked at my DSi noticing my character was doing the same. I thought about throwing it and breaking it for a moment and noticed a little brown thing walking by. It was my Eevee. It looked so cute walking by. I was filled with joy and relief that the she was safe. I called out to her.
"Eevee!"
She turned around and ran into my arms. She was shaking and was cold and wet. I shoved my DSi into my arm with her and ran to my "home" to get her a towel to dry the poor thing off. To finally hold one felt wonderful. In spite of my current situation I felt like a kid who finally got her wish, for Pokémon to be real. As I burst through the doors of my home, I bumped into someone. I fell back and saw a very bloody and messed up man. He reminded me of the guy from the forest. I checked my DSi and there he was, the Brute. I prepared for a battle but before I could say a word he fell to the ground before my feet. That was when I got to take a good look at my house...blood was all over the place.

I felt my knees start to shake; I got a very sick feeling in my gut. No one was alive in this town. That the only ones left alive here were me and...No way. My hand shaking I grab I DSi, I looked into the screen. The screen was black. All I saw was my reflection with Eevee on my shoulders. Her eyes were glowing red. Her teeth became sharp fangs that spread into an evil grin. I could only gaze in horror as she sunk her teeth into my neck. The pain was staggering as she began to pull and rip a chunk of flesh from my neck. As I fell to the ground in shock I felt nothing, nothing but fear as Eevee walked up to my face with a bloody toothy grin. I began to plea as her fangs aimed strait for my face.

I woke up with a start.
My heart was racing. My sheets were damp with sweat. My mom was standing over me. "Are you okay, hunny? You looked like you were having one hell of a nightmare. I had to wake you otherwise I thought you might hurt yourself."
I stared at my mom for a minute then gave her the biggest hug a child could give a mother. "I guess I was right. Why don't I cook you something to eat for breakfast?"
"That would be great." I replied.
"Well get up and get dressed and I'll see you downstairs." I rushed to the door and peeked down a hall with a bathroom door open on the right and closet on the left. Mom gave me a look. "Just checking somthin." I replied and walked back into my room to get dressed. I listen to my mom walk down the stairs before I look outside the window. Everything was back to normal. Except....my eyes turned to my closed and fully charged DSi. I walk over to it and open the game. It was at the part after I defeated the brute.
"Let Eevee join your party?"
I push down once and press A.
"Are you sure?"
I push A.
Eevee cries."Eevee seems sad..."
And she faded away....
This time I turned it off and take it out of my DS. I went downstairs and saw my old house and my old kitchen. My little sister walks in after me. "Here." I said as I gave her my Soul Silver. "You can have it." She squeals and runs into her room to get her DSLite. "See? I knew you two could share." Mom says while handing me my plate and left the kitchen.
I take a bite of eggs and watched as my little sister played began to play my game. I hear New Bark Town music play. Then my little sis frowns up. "Hey, what is this?!?!" "What do you mean?" "I'm telling Mom!" She throws down the game and runs. I look at the game. All my Pokémon from my party are lying on the ground with pixilated blood all over. Eevee with her glowing red eyes is standing on top of their corpses and all it says in big, bloody red letter across the screen with my character dead on the ground:
GAME OVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided to give writing a creepypasta a shot. I haven't come up with a name, and I'm kinda making it up as I go, so:

Now, you're probably expecting me to tell you some story about the Lavender Town music or some creepy hacked game. After all, that's why you came looking for this story, isn't it? To be scared out of your wits by something that couldn't possibly be true.

My story isn't like that.

All of what I am about to tell you is absolutely true in every way. And whether you believe me or not, at least heed my warning. Never go looking for something scary in a game, or you'll find it.

Now, I suppose my day was going like any other. I had just woken up, and I was preparing for another day of training my Platinum team for the Elite Four. I had nearly gotten all of my Pokemon to the level I'd chosen, when I decided to take a break and go on the computer for a bit, reading some of the Creepypastas that are on this very thread. As I read, I thought about how boring my game was compared to these stories, and I wished something new would happen in my Platinum.

As I turned off my computer and returned to my training, I noticed that everything seemed slightly darker. I figured my DS clock was off and continued on.

As I trained, the landscape continued to grow darker until I could just see the outlines of my Trainer and the grass I was training in. Then, a minute or two later, the screen went entirely black.

Figuring that my DS had gone off from lack of batteries, I cursed silently at the loss of several hours of training and reminded myself to save more often.

As I plugged my DS into a charger, the screen lit up. My character was in the upper floor of a Pokemon Center, which was weird because I knew I'd saved in the grass. I was unable to bring up the menu that allowed me to access my bag, Pokemon, or my Trainer Card.

Strangely, the touch screen had never gone black, but instead remained frozen at the bottom screen of a battle. The options Bag and Pokemon had been blackened out, so that all I could do was Attack or Run. However, the touch screen didn't respond to my fingers, so I figured it was still frozen.

I headed for the escalator. However, just before I went down it, my sprite turned around and the lady in the trading booth walked up.

"Don't leave just yet. You deserve what's coming, fool."

At this point I was extremely confused. I desperately tapped Run on the bottom screen and my character fled at double the normal speed downstairs.

The bottom floor of the Pokemon Center was normal, but Nurse Joy was gone, as well as everyone else in the building but me. In the center of the room stood the Amity Square sprite of an Infernape. My Infernape.

The Pokemon moved towards my character, and dialogue appeared on the screen:

"Ah, there you are. I thought you'd be upstairs, but this works either way."

"You trained us in the grass for days," the sprite continued. "Did you even once consider that we could grow tired like anything else? No, you probably thought of us as unfeeling pieces of data in this game. Well, I have a game for you."

A battle commenced, my backsprite versus Infernape. My character knew Tackle, Barrier, and Thief.

I tapped the button to use Barrier, and my character move first, the animation playing as always.

"Infernape used Brick Break!" The Barrier was shattered and my character's health went down to about half. Even worse, I had a painful feeling in my gut, as if I'd actually been attacked.

I tried using Tackle, and this time Infernape went first. "Infernape used Sucker Punch!"

This time, the pain was very obvious. As my character's health moved into the red zone, I felt like I would either throw up, faint, or maybe both.

Now, I'm sure that at this point, any normal person would turn the game off. Looking back, I figure I wasn't totally in control of my actions as I chose Attack, then Thief.

"Ah, thievery," Infernape said as the attack failed. "I think you know what's about to happen."

"Infernape used Counter!"

I fainted. For real, not in the game.

When I woke up, I was outdoors. The grass reached up to my waist, and I shuddered as I realized where I was. This was an exact replica of the area I'd been using to train my Pokemon.

A voice spoke from somewhere I couldn't see. "Figured it out yet? I'm going to make you suffer the way we all did."

I bwasn't in control of my body, but I was forced to take a few steps before a Pokemon appeared. Against my will I attacked the Pokemon, beating it senseless until it fainted.

And on and on it went, for what seemed like years. The cycle of attacking, walking, attacking, walking. Eventually the only thing holding me up was the invisible force that controlled my every move. Then, in a small time of actual knowledge, I thought a rational thought and began fighting this invisible force with all my might. As I did a voice repeated itself.

"___(My real name) Used Struggle! ___ Used Struggle! ___ Used Struggle! ___ Used Struggle! ___ Used Struggle! ___ Used Struggle.

Finally the invisible force lessened and I fell to the ground and passed out.

When I woke up, I was sitting in the real world, on the carpet with my DS in hand. I immediately took out the Platinum and threw it into my family's fireplace. As it went up in flames, I could've sworn the outline of a monkey-like creature rose up from the cartridge.

Tochukaso

Tochukaso.

Ever since I was little, I had them.

Mother and Father called them "Tochukaso"

They said they were my friends.

I always believed them, no matter what. I mean, they were my parents after all.

They were small at first, but they slowly started growing. Now, I have two Mushrooms on my back.
It kinda felt weird and itchy at first, but I guess it all turned out fine.
Whenever a bad Pokemon attacks me, I can use them to beat them.
Sometimes I can poison, but other times I can paralyze. I think I once made them sleep too. I guess they really are my friends. They were especially useful when I was old enough to live on my own and I no longer had the protection of my parents.

Though, I've been feeling weird, lately.

Sometimes, I pass out for a while and wake up somewhere else, eating more even though I'm not hungry.
I sometimes get really tired, and I tend to change my mind more as well.

This has been happening more and more lately. Is it because I am getting older?

Oh…yes…that's right…I'm almost ready to become Parasect, just like my parents.
They both had one big Mushroom.

I sometimes wonder if the Tochukaso are doing it. Are they making me feel weird? But that can't be right.
They help me, don't they?
But still…

No. It will be all right. I'm strong!
I'm not Tochukaso! I'm Paras! And I will soon be Parasect!
No matter what happens, I'll be me.

I think the time is almost there. I just defeated another intruder. It was very strong, but with my Tochukaso I was able to win.

I'm changing. It's finally going to happen!
I will be Parasect, and all will be fine.
I will be…fine…
I…will…….fi….n…..e…

…………………………………………………………hungry. Need food. Sleep too. Nice and damp.
Fine.

Pokémon Creepypastas and Theories at the 6th Floor - Tochukaso

-------------------

Yamask
I remember when I was a human. A human with friends, Pokémon, a family, and a wonderful life. I adored my hometown as well; Unova is such a beautiful region, and I was never out of it once. I know I should have gone out and seen the world, but I didn't… The region was, and is, too beautiful. Even as the thing I am now, I still only live here.

When I was a human, and young, I remember asking my mother as a toddler;

"Mommy, what would it be like to be a Pokémon?"

She had no answer for me, but this made sense; she was not a Pokémon, nor had she ever been one. But the thought still boggled my mind during my youth. What does it feel like to be caught in a Pokéball? What is it like to befriend something that isn't your species? What would it be like to use Flamethrower or Water gun? So many questions… I was curious about Pokémon altogether.
Soon, I had much interaction with these creatures… I turned ten, and Professor Juniper allowed me to choose my first Pokémon, and I set out on an enormous adventure. The Pokémon that I caught… They became my closest friends, and my companions. I was intrigued by the attacks that they used, and I still wondered how they used them. My Pokémon and I traveled around the region, meeting new people, seeing new places… It was the happiest time of my life. I made some human friends during my lifetime as well, and they proved to be as loyal as my Pokémon were.

I, along with my friends and Pokémon, eventually grew up… But we kept traveling together. Unfortunately, I was unable to stay with my friends for very long, because they wished to travel to other regions other than Unova. They let me stay behind, even though they were confused as to why I didn't follow them. But no matter. They're probably all dead now, anyway. I remained with my Pokémon for the rest of my life. I loved them, and they loved me, staying by my side when I found out that one day that my mother died. Even though I was in mourning, I was able to push on.

Soon after, it started following me. I figured that it was a Pokémon, but I wasn't sure. I never saw it before. It was a black Pokémon, one with gigantic red eyes, two arms, and no legs. On its tail of some sort, it carried some kind of expressionless mask. This thing always followed me ever since my mother's death… It frightened me, especially since I had NO idea what it was. Every time I saw its face, its red eyes always seemed so sad and heartbroken. It took considerable interest in that mask… It wept every time it looked at it, and whenever it looked at me. I didn't talk to it… Though it tried to speak to me, though half the time, I couldn't understand anything; it spoke in broken English.

"Please…Y…Ya…Yama…"

It was obviously trying to tell me something, judging by how desperate its tone sounded. The fact that it couldn't get its message across to me seemed to make it even more sad. Eventually, It stopped saying actual words entirely, and only said "Yamask" over and over again when it spoke to me. When I grew old, it still followed me, though it seemed less sad that it had for all those years. I, as it was inevitable, soon passed away, with that thing hovering above my head on my death bed… It was the last thing I saw.

When I was buried right next to my mother's grave, my spirit rose out of the grave I was in… Or at least I thought I was a spirit. I saw that thing float over to me, and, for the first time, I could understand it, even though it still only said "Yamask".

"My son… Welcome…"

That thing… It was my own mother. That explained why it followed me. She was trying to make me aware of her presence, but, because she was in that form, the form of a Pokémon, she couldn't. I said,

"Mother… What hap…Yama…Yamask…"

I was starting to lose my ability to speak English too. I stared at my reflection in the pond next to the graves… It looked just like my mother did; black, two arms, no legs… And that mask. I recognized it to be my own face, from when I was a normal human. Soon, I couldn't talk like a human anymore… I wasn't a human. I was a Yamask, a Pokémon I didn't even know existed. I was glad that my mother and the others could understand me, but it just wasn't the same. I couldn't explore like I used to anymore, nor could I catch Pokémon… I WAS a Pokémon. Now, the others and I make our home in the Relic Castle, though we can't tell the explorers that visit here that we were once human, nor can we tell them that they will meet the same fate when they die. But never mind. Now, all I can do is stare at my own face and cry at the former life I lost…

http://6thfloor.org/creepypastas/yamask.php

------------------------

Pokémon Creepypastas and Theories at the 6th Floor - Homepage

This site has tons of creepypasta. And some scared the shit out of me.

On a side note, I am thinking about writing a Yamask creepypasta.

Hmm... after reading all this CP, (very creepy, by the way. I like the ones that have to do with video games better.) I wanna do one. I'm not a good writer though. EDIT: I'm going to do one that has to do with Missingno. and pokemon blue. EDIT2: I finished it!

Missingno. Terror
One day as a 10 year old boy, I went into GameStop. Then a random guy said, "Here, take this Pokemon Blue cartridge." I thought, "Awesome! I get to play the old Pokemon games!" So I ran home, and popped it in my Gameboy Advance SP. It looked normal for most of the game, until I said, "Hey, why don't I surf around the coast of Cinnabar Island to find Missingno.?" Missingno. was my favorite glitch ever since I heard about it. So I found Missingno., and used one of my many cloned Master Balls. It didn't ask me if I wanted to nickname it. (I wanted to, also.) And, it was randomly in its Ghost Form. After I got back to the overworld, the whole screen glitched out for a few seconds. After I got out of the water a Pikachu appeared behind me. I thought "Doesn't this only happen in yellow? And I don't even have a Pikachu!" And I was right. I checked my party, and the Pikachu wasn't there. So I thought, "Awesome! I get to have a Pikachu following around me!" So I talked to it. Instead of a Picture of him showing it's happiness, it said "PIKACHU warns you..." "LEAVE KANTO NOW. DO NOT TAKE MISSINGNO. WITH YOU." I was really creeped out by this. The same thing happened when I kept talking to Pikachu. And every human kept saying the leave Kanto now part. Nurse Joy and my mom wouldn't heal my Pokemon, people wouldn't battle, pretty much couldn't do anything that involves talking to a human. The screen cut to black. I was very scared about all of this. Just as I was going to turn it off, something said. "Don't you dare." And then, I could see the sprite of a ghost. I knew it must have been my Ghost Missingno. I screamed, "What do you want from me!?" Missingno. said, "What I want is for you to fall into a deep hole of sorrow and pain. You see, I am not like the other Missingno... I am evil." His eyes turned blood red. Then the screen back to the overworld. Missingno. was slowly creeping behind me. Then I started to get on my bike to run away. Then he got faster. Missingno. knocked me off my player's bike, And I saw Missingno. slowly killing my player character. It was so gory, I almost barfed. After he was dead, Missingno. said, "You're next, little boy. I will haunt your dreams forever." He was right. He sometimes haunts my dreams. And he still does. I decided never to mess with Missingno. again and never play that Pokemon Blue game ever again. The end.
What do you think?

Also found this here: http://fyeahpokemoncreepypasta.tumblr.com/post/6653284678/zombiefied

The story I’m going to tell you is 100% true. Don’t tell me that I deserved this for using Gameshark and stuff like that, because I didn’t. I never use hacks in my games!

It happened a normal day. I decided to level my dear Butterfree named Laura on my Black game. I’ve always loved that name, but enough about that. I went to Route 9 to EV level it when I saw the thing that would change my whole view of this game forever. I saw some rustling grass, but there was one thing that was strange about it. It was in the dark grass. I thought that it was impossible for the dark grass to rustle during normal game play. Well, partly out of curiousity, but also for the change to fight two Audino I went in, now I regret I ever did. In the grass I found an Audino, but not a normal one, but an UNDEAD Audino, it looked nothing like an normal Audino. It had red glowing eyen and it had sharp fangs, also parts of it’s body was rotten and in some places even ripped off. I was very afraid and tried to escape, but the normal Can’t escape text appeard, damn I thought. Then I saw the move that would change my life.

”UNDEAD Audino used Destiny Bond”

Well, you all know what Destiny Bond does, if the user faints the opponent also does, but what happens if an already dead pokémon uses it on a living one? That’s right, in front of my own eyes my sweet Laura turned into an zombie. I was scared as shit. After that the UNDEAD Audino ran away.

After the battle a text box appeared that said: Laura wants to learn Destiny Bond, I tried to say no but then another text box appeard that said: Laura HAS to learn Destiny Bond. Then I had to remove a move, I chosed Quiver dance, becuase that was the only move that wasn’t very important in her moveset. I checked it’s stats, everything was normal exept for two things, the spite and the ability. The spite was torn apart and all zombiefied just like the Audinos. And the ability was changed to Undead the description read: ”This pokémon is Undead, that makes some of it’s moves change their effect, it’s up to you to discover all the advantages of this.” Advantages I read, this sounded really cool in some way, I was no longer scared over this glitch but exited. I had discovered something no one else ever had. My Laura was probably the first of it’s kind.

I desided to test this new ability on the battlefield. I first tried Sleep powder, it did the exact same thing as usuall, then I tried Dream eater, same there, the wild pokémon I fought fainted, not died as you might suspected. I went on to the next battle, fighting a wild Audino this time. I used Whirlwind, it did the same as usuall. Then I fought the last battle to figure out what that new creepy move did, I was already pretty certant about what it did, but I had to try it out. A wild Liepard appeared.

UNDEAD Laura used Destiny Bond:

Liepard transformed into UNDEAD Liepard.

UNDEAD Liepard flied

That was it. I had Zombiefied another pokémon, I kinda liked it by some morbid reason, yeah, I’m a pretty morbid person. I felt like I had to try it out some more, I really liked this feeling. So I went to elite four, I went there to Zombiefy all of their pokémon to see what would happen. I started with Marshal as usuall (in case it wouldn’t work so did my Butterfree have Dream Eater so I could defeat his pokémons when they slept). But after just a single succesfull Destiny Bond, Zombie edition, so did he lose the battle. He didn’t say the normal line, he instand said: ”What have you done to my Breloom?”. It did really work on trainers… I went on like this on both Caitlin and Grimsley, but when I came to Shauntai it did work just like an usuall Destiny Bond. I quickly understood why, because her pokémons were already dead, so I had to fight her the normal way. After the battle she said: ”I once met a trainer who controlled the dead. All the trainers he met had flied in fear, I was just impressed, oh sorry, I thought loud again…”. Then it was Alders turn to met his judgement. Just like before I won in one singe attack. It worked. The hall of fame next I thought to my self, time to restart soon.

After the credits was done I was back in my home. Now time to try if my theory about this move was true. My theory was that once their pokémons were zombified they would always be. I was right. Marshals first pokémon Breloom was still an Undead. I knew what to do so I grinded the elite four untill all of their pokémons also were Undeads. Proud over myself I understood that it was time for my new experiment about this game breaking ability. WI-FI.

I haven’t began it yet, but when you read this I’ve, so don’t be suprised if next time you go online via WI-FI to a random battle you might stand face to face with my Undead Laura, or any other undead pokémon that I have infected. But don’t be afraid, just like me you might learn to love your zombie pokémon just as much as I do.

Last edited:
I like this one.
Once again, I found this one on F yeah pokemon creppypasta. And I don't own it.

NOTE: This is not meant to offend shiny hunters:

A young trainer came in this morning. I had seen her in the area before, often playing gleefully with the children in the daycare next door. Her name is Raven. She dropped off a pair of Seviper, and then left promptly with a gleaming smile. The female Seviper had laid one egg while there. Raven came to retrieve it when the Daycare Man called her over to inform her of the egg. She put it in her party, which consisted of only a Litwick at the time. Me and her talked for a small while. She claimed she was searching for a “shiny.” Hope it works out for her.

She continues to ambitiously cruise up and down Route 3. The eggs are hatching one by one, but the Pokemon inside aren’t to her liking, apparently, as when they hatch she stores them in a box in the PC. I think this is the seventeenth egg we have given her today. The Daycare Man nor woman seemed worried. Why do I feel I should be worried?

I went back to check on the pair of Seviper today. I hated what I witnessed.
The female was lying on the ground in a pool of blood, her breathing labored, eyes glazed over as she tried to produce the seven hundred and fifty fifth egg. She was gasping wildly. The male was looking at her, screeching in agony to see her in so much pain. He seemed to weep.
She died after producing that egg.
I told the Daycare Man and Woman about this. They replaced that female with one they captured, claiming, “Raven won’t notice, won’t care…”
But I had to tell her when the egg mark reached eight hundred. She didn’t seem to mind.
What kind of world is this?

After three dead Seviper, and two thousand, two hundred and twenty five eggs, Raven got her damn shiny. I hope she’s happy, and celebrates how she murdered those three Seviper.

Another trainer came in today. He put two Lillipups in there, one male, one female. After the twentieth egg, the trainer informed me he was looking for a Shiny. After our conversation, I put in my resignation.
I quit.

And this one was posted for the lulz(Also found on F yeah pokemon creppypasta) :
I was reading pokémon creepypasta on the internet the other day, and it made me remember a thing that happened to me. It all started when I bought a copy of pokémon red at a car boot sale, except the label was missing. I thought it was just because it was old, but I was wrong… DEAD WRONG. I put it in my game boy color [it’s purple, shit’s pretty boss] and to my surprise I saw that there was a saved game already there. I selected it and noticed that the character’s name was “MURDER”, and he had all badges but his trainer pic had no arms and was crying blood. I thought this was just a glitch due to the age of the cart, so I decided to see what pokémon he had. What I saw shocked me. He had six cubones, and they were all level 100! I decided I didn’t want them, so I went to the Pokémon center to release them. Then I tried to leave the pokémon center but I got into a random battle with a cubone! It said “Why did you leave us Mike” and MY name is Mike! Later I went to a pokémart but it was ghosts. MISSINGNO MISSINGNO LAVENDER TOWN.

Last edited:
first creepypasta, yay! I'm just keeping this short and sweet. It's based off something that happened tonight when i was playing pmd. (if you haven't played pokemon mystery dungeon 2, chances are you won't get this) warning: contains some spoilers

YOU WERE TOO LATE
in my game it was around the time where you are about to go fight dusknoir in the hidden land. but i made my team ride lapras go back to treasure town and train, since me and my partner were kind of under leveled. it's what I always do in every mystery dungeon run. It's fine, nothing ever happens......or so I thought.

"Yeah! A joy seed, whooo!" I pumped my fist in the air, looking down at my dsi. for advancing to the hyper rank, my team had been awarded a joy seed. since my partner Eevee was one level under my character, a vulpix, it was perfect. (hey, I'm a Libra. I like to keep things in balance.)

I had no idea how long it had been since I had progressed in the story mode. a month? maybe three? oh well, it didn't matter. my team was going to be so high leveled we would sweep dusknoir and the sableye on the first try. I entered the spinda cafe, and to my surprise and horror, the game froze. or had it?

everyone else in the cafe was still moving except my character. she was completely still. I mashed the buttons on the dsi, trying desperately to get SOMETHING to work. the screen faded to black. i groaned. oh, wonderful I thought. now I've turned the power off

I was about to flip the power button but saw the blue light, meaning that my dsi was ON. a text box appeared at the bottom of the screen.
Dialga: YOU WERE TOO LATE!
Dusknoir: You were too late!
Grovyle: ....you were too late.....
Celebi: you....were too late.
Eevee: Chloe! w-we were too late.

what the frick was going on here? this wasn't supposed to happen! I had played through the game at least ten times and nothing like this had ever happened! another text box popped up.
Eevee: Grovyle, Celebi, eveyone......we failed. we couldn't prevent the planet's paralysis. Chloe.....THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!

"huh?!" I nearly dropped the dsi. what was eevee talking about?
Eevee: WE WAITED TOO LONG! WE SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT DIALGA A LONG TIME AGO! WHO CARES ABOUT TRAINING? I.....I HATE YOU!......I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. but I can't face you anymore. Goodbye forever Chloe.
the screen cut to black again.

I checked for the light. this time my dsi really had turned off. i turned on again, and horror spread through me. on the menu, there was only one option: new game

I'm gonna try and write a creepypasta. Okay, here goes. I'm just making up the story as I go along.

With Passion and Vengeance: Part 1
When I was eight, I loved my Silver. I loved training Meg, my Meganium, fighting Lance and Red, catching Lugia. Then I got Sapphire. I threw Silver in a pile under my bed, as it was useless now. Anything I liked about Silver I enjoyed tenfold with Sapphire. Rocky, my Blaziken had beaten Steven Stone almost alone.

One day, I was training Rocky, a wild Linoone appeared. I used Blaze Kick, but the screen said, "Linoone will go first". I paused. This was odd. Maybe Linoone was faster than me? The game said, "Linoone used Revenge." It did no damage. I was puzzled. I grabbed my laptop to search Linoone's moveset and RS glitches on Bulbapedia. When I typed in "Bul", it came out as Meg. I deleted the letters and typed Bulbapedia quickly. It came out as "Meganium S". I froze. Meganium? I checked my game. Rocky used Blaze Kick. It did no damage. Yet, it said it was super effective. Linoone began to distort. Its head raised up, and it's body became pixelated. When it was fully transformed, I stared in horror at the screen. The Linoone was Meg. But Meg was different. Her eyes were dangling from strings out of her sockets. Her skin was torn apart, it showed bone. Her mouth was open. It showed fangs. I left my GBA on the table and sprinted to my Mom's computer. I typed in "Scary glitches on RS?" It came up as "Meg wants revenge die" My heart froze. Meg was after me. I grabbed my GBA. Now Meg was a skeleton, rasping words out. "You leave me. I leave you. You die. The sprite leaped on Rocky. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!" The screen went black. My GBA fizzed out. I turned it back on, and went to Sapphire. Instead of "Continue", there only was "Meg's file". I clicked on it. Only one word was on the screen, written in blood-red letters; VENGENCE.

I shut off my GBA, and removed Sapphire. I, after a few minutes of searching, recovered Silver. I looked inside the cart. Written inside, exactly like in my Sapphire, was "VENGENCE". I gripped the two carts, and threw them out the window, into the street. A police car ran the over two carts within seconds. I swear I saw the silhouettes of a Meganium, a Blaziken, a Lugia, and a Kyogre rise out of the carts, and float through my front door.

I haven't played Pokémon since. I sold my GBA for only $45 two weeks later. I skipped Generation four- the memory of Johto was too overwhelming. I bought a TCG deck once- a Meganium was in the deck. Whiteout was over the "anium" part, leaving only "Meg". It only knew one move: Revenge.

With Passion and Vengeance: Part 2
I hate my sister. Why? She bought SoulSilver. All the memories rushed back-Meg, the vengence, the TCG card-I was finally ready to move on in life. Leave Pokémon behind forever and always- and she buys it. A remake of the game that caused me so many nightmares. Ever since I torched the card, I'd been having dreams. Of that horrible sprite. The mangled flesh. The eyes.... Meg had been seeing me in my sleep. The dreams had finally stopped appearing. Luckily, I persuaded Allie to get Cyndaquil so Meganium would never appear in the game.

It all started last month. Allie was fighting Bugsy. She won easily. Right after, she went to the bathroom. I peered at her DS screen. My heart went numb again. Bugsy's dialogue. It read, "I am back, Duncan. I am back. You have beaten them. But me." I closed the DS. Allie returned from her bathroom break. She opened her DS, eyeing me. She read the dialogue out loud. "Whoa, amazing! You're an expert on Pokémon! My research isn't complete yet. OK, you win. Take this Badge. Do you know the benefits of the Hive Badge? If you have it, Pokémon up to Lv. 30 will obey you, even traded ones. Pokémon that know Cut will be able to use it outside of battle, too. Yay!!!" she clapped for herself. I snatched the DS, and read the dialogue. The threat was gone, replaced by the regular in-game message. "I must be hallucinating." I muttered.

That night, I had the scariest dream yet. I was standing on a blank, white field. I didn't know what I looked like. Bugsy, net in hand, stood about twenty yards away from me. His eyes were wild. A deep red, bloodshot color. His jacket was torn up. Suddenly, he let out an ear-bursting howl. Where had I heard that cry before? Suddenly, his eyes bulged. They popped, and bloated up. Then, they rolled out of his head, still attached to the strings. My body went numb. Bugsy toppled over, his body in a bear-crawl position. His arms and legs became fatter, until they were almost trunks. Then I realized it. I was facing Meg. Meg was in worse condition now. Her floral mane was soaked in blood. Her face was GONE. Just two glittering eye sockets, and a crooked smile. Her tail lay a few feet away, twisted and bloody. "DIIIEEEEEEEEE TRRRAAAIIITTTOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR," she rasped. I leaped back. I caught a glimpse of my arm. Mostly red, and clawed at the end. Then I realized it all. I was Rocky, my Blaziken. Meg limped toward me. She wailed, her flesh peeling off to reveal her clean, white skeleton. Meg leaped on me, fangs gleaming. I woke up, drenched in sweat. I looked up. A shadow was above me. A shadow a a horse-like creature. Like a dinosaur. Like a Meganium.

The next day was a regular school day. I gathered my books, to go to class. I opened my locker. A small girl, with a lime-green dress and floral hat, cringed inside. I yelped. A girl? In MY locker? She hopped out. 'W-who are you?" I asked, stunned by her presence. The girl frowned. "I-I thought you knew me. My name is Meg." She dashed off. I reported her presence to the principal, but he claimed to have no record of her entering the school.

That night, Allie entered my room. "I need help with Whitney." she said. I took the DS. The last thing I wanted to do was play a game with Meganium in it, especially after last night and today. Whitney had Miltank left, and Allie had Quilava. Miltank used Rollout, and I used a Potion. Miltank used Rollout again, and I used Flame Wheel. It got a critical hit, and fainted the Miltank. Then, instead of Whitney's sprite, a sprite of the girl from today appeared. She sent out Meganium. The Meganium' name was Meg. I took a deep breath, and quickly fainted the Meganium with Flame Wheel. The cry it made when it fainted was the same one Bugsy made in my dream. A howl. I read the trainer's dialogue; "I thought you knew me." I handed the DS to Allie, who cheered as she received her badge. I went to bed early that night. I regretted it.

I was on the same bloody white field as last night. No sign of Meg, nor Rocky. All I saw was Allie's Quilava, named Lily. It was dashing toward me. Suddenly, Lily was blasted with two torrents of water. When the torrents ended, Lily was gone. I looked up. I saw a Kyogre and a Lugia. Neither of them were injured, yet they still blasted where Lily once was. The torrent stopped. Kyogre and Lugia faded away. Now, instead of Lily, I saw Rocky. He was almost as bad as Meg. His arms were mostly gone, his chest was ripped apart. His sleek ribcage shined in the unknown light. His body was more wiry than ever- he almost was a stick figure. "D-Dun-Dunc-" he collapsed onto the ground. Even though he was far away, I could clearly tell- he was dead. I heard the familiar laughter from seven years ago. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!"

The next day, I decided to end it all. I walked up to Allie. "Here." I pulled $50 from my wallet. "A trade. $50 for your SoulSilver. And, you can buy another SoulSilver with it." Allie's eyes bulged. "Really? Yay!" She pulled the SoulSilver out of her DS and put it in my hand. I smacked the $50 bill on her bed. This time, I wouldn't settle for tossing on the street. I got in my car, and, game chip in my hand, drove to the outskirts of town. I got out, and threw the game on the dirt. Then, I stomped it into the dust. I quickly drove away.

A week later, Allie made a new friend, whom she brought home. The little girl, wearing a lime-green dress and a floral hat, smiled at me. "My name is Meg."

Last edited:
I'm also gonna try with creepy pasta since TFSpock gave me the link, I will make up everything here:
Death...
I loved the pokemon games ever since red/blue so I wanted to get platinum but I got a used one because that was much cheaper than a new one so when I got back home I played the game until I beated Cyrus in the distoritant world. I deceieded to goto bed because I was tired but I couldn't sleep since the room was so hot so I grabbed my ds and played it, just then I saw a secret path, I deceieded to explore and the secret path led to a cave, in the cave there was just water, then I saw a chimchar and turtwig drowning then the text box read: Save the drowning pokemon? And the only opinion was no so I pressed a but then, Arceus came from the shadows, levitating, and the text box read: Arceus: YOU SELFISH SCUM!!! then I went into battle and weakened Arceus and threw a dusk ball, but it didn't work but then the text box said: Arceus used destroy! It's not very effective... Empoleon died! Then I got angry and sent out Luxray to thunder fang the water Arceus the text box read: It's not very effective... Luxray died due to Arceus's stare... Arceus used super explosion! And all my pokemon died... the battle over I was hoping to just come back to the pokemon center and get new pokemon but I was at the same place, also drowning since Empoleon died then I noticed my trainer sprite was a skeleton with very little flesh, then the text box read: Arceus: now you know how these poor pokemon feel... then the screen flashed black then came back to normal with blood all over the cave, the chimchar and turtwig were missing then the screen flashed black again and you could see Arceus's corpse and instead of Chimchar and Turtwig there was a Chaotic Darkrai, on fire, that had blood red eyes with yellow pupils and a purple and black body, also next to Chaotic Darkrai was a... er... grass type chaotic Heatran with blood red pupils and yellow eyes, with vines all over it's body and dead flowers then I relised Chaotic Darkrai was the Chimchar, the chaotic Heatran was Turtwig then the two mauled the character and the screen flashed black again, and the character sprite was a skull... then big red letters appeared onto the screen and read: Death... so I decied to start a new game but there was no new game button a red x crossed out the new game button, I got the game and returned it to game stop now I learned not to ever buy pre-owned games ever...
What do you think about the story?

I got an idea for a new creepypasta. I'm playing SoulSilver again, and I released all of my crap Pokemon (And I had a ton of them.)
It popped into my mind when I was getting rid of them.

Kay so after many weeks of stalking the previous thread, I was inspired to write a creepypasta of my own. I apologize up front for the length; I wrote this mainly for catching a Zorua for the URPG section (yes this a semi-plug for the URPG GO JOIN NAO), so yeah. And on top of that I have a problem writing shorter things so eh. ENJOY.

Note: In case the previous wasn't clear enough, I wrote this and it was originally posted here on BMG, in the Stories section for the URPG.

===

BAD EGG

It was monumental, for me at least. Not only did I FINALLY pre-order a new-gen Pokemon game, I actually went and picked it up on the day it was released. Yes, it had taken five generations, but I was finally one of the first people to get my hands on an (official, not hacked in any way) copy of a Pokemon game. I was probably a little more excited than I should have been; after all, I already knew pretty much everything about Black and White from the carefully (and sometimes, not-so-carefully) leaked information coming out of Japan as the game was being made. All the same, I was gleeful when I shoved the game card in my DS and powered it on.

Now let me say right up front that I’m a hacker when it comes to Pokemon, but only after I’d beaten the main story. The same was true for Pokemon White, and the moment the end credits rolled for the first time I was plotting the various things I could do with my Action Replay. At the time, the codes I was most interested in didn’t exist yet, so I settled for doing other stuff like hunting down the Sages and prepping my team for a second bout against the E4.

And finally, FINALLY, the codes I wanted came into existence. It had taken a while, but I could now use the codes all hardcore breeding fans gush over (or at least this hardcore breeding fan): Obtain Egg and Fast Egg Hatch, as well as a code to give Pokemon the PokeRUS (I’m big on competitive battling as well as breeding in general). Close to bursting with joy, I updated my AR (which I had failed to do until that point for various reasons) and put in those all-important codes, and then it was off to the Daycare!

Over the course of the next few months I must have bred over a couple hundred Eggs, hatching a ridiculous amount of Pokemon in my goal of raising those best suited for the metagame. At one point I got a Zorua from a friend at work (having been unable to hack one myself since my left trigger button didn’t work) and decided to breed a few of them to give to other friends. The Zorua itself was perfect; she had a Modest Nature and perfect IVs in Speed and Special Attack, and I was more than eager to get to raising her once I’d squeezed some Eggs out of her.

I got home later that night and turned on several of the lights, as my mother was working late and wouldn’t be home until around midnight; I always turned on a few lights so the house was well-lit for her when she worked late shifts. After taking a quick shower and eating some dinner, I went to my room and prepared for an hour or so of hacking. Once I’d placed the AR and game card, I booted up the system, selected the appropriate codes, and started the game itself. After my save data loaded, I merrily went to the Daycare and dropped my Zorua off, also depositing one of my Daycare regulars, a random Ditto I’d caught at Giant Chasm.

And that's when things started to get…unpleasant.

After dropping Zorua off, the Daycare Lady didn’t give her normal message of, “Okay, I’ll raise your X for a while. Come back for it later.” Instead, a text box popped up saying, “……….”. On top of that, I became aware of the fact that there was no music playing. I thought maybe I’d turned the volume down on accident, but when I went to turn it up I found the volume was already at max. I frowned a little, wondering if maybe the Daycare Lady was about to say something important, something unique, maybe something to do with some kind of Easter Egg or something. The text box vanished when I hit the A button, though, and nothing else happened. Slightly worried that maybe my continuous hacking of the game had done some kind of damage, I exited the Daycare and pressed the Select button to generate an Egg.

When I spoke to the Daycare Man, he gave his normal spiel he gives when there’s an Egg waiting to be picked up. I went through the process of make-an-Egg, get-an-Egg five times, the first slot of my Party taken up by Ironbeak, my beloved Braviary. After getting the five Eggs I made to leave, intent on hatching the Eggs and dropping off the newly-hatched Zorua in the PC. However, the second my character sprite turned away, another text box popped up. This one said, “Wait, please…” Feeling a bit uneasy for reasons I couldn’t name, I hit A and the text changed to, “Don’t leave…please…” A chill slithered down my spine at the words, which somehow seemed frightened and pleading. My stomach clenching a little, I pressed A again and the text box vanished. When I tried talking to the Daycare Man again, he turned to face the Daycare behind us. A second went by before yet another text box came up, this one saying, “…” before disappearing without my pressing any buttons. Feeling more than just a bit freaked out, I got on my Bike and zoomed off.

Normally, using the Fast Egg Hatch code meant Eggs hatched the moment the Daycare was no longer in view. This wasn’t the case this time, though. I biked for about five seconds before realizing something wasn’t right; Eggs normally hatched within two or three seconds using this code. Scowling, I brought up the options window and accessed my Party, meaning to check the status of the Eggs and see how close they were to hatching. The moment my Party screen loaded, the knot in my stomach tightened; all five Eggs were titled as “Bad EGG”, with each little Egg sprite being an unhealthy green-yellow color. None of them were moving, which was also strange.

Then I noticed something else that made my skin tingle: Ironbeak’s nickname had somehow changed. It now read “Suffering” and, even though it had been full just seconds ago, his HP was now down to about half. His sprite was also moving slowly, like it does when a Pokemon’s HP is in the red. Somehow it spoke of pain, though I had to be imaging it…right?

As odd as the thing with Ironbeak seemed, I soon became more concerned about the Bad Eggs sitting in my Party. Thanking whatever deities had prevented the Bad Eggs from being affected by the Fast Egg Hatch code up to this point, I decided the best course of action would be to save and then remove the AR (after all, ARs don’t have switches or buttons to turn them off like GameSharks of old do). Once that was done I’d boot the game back up, head back to Daycare, and dump the Bad Eggs in my PC for the rest of eternity.

Since I was afraid that even just viewing the Eggs’ summaries would unleash some hellish glitch into my game, I simply pressed B to back out to the main options menu in order to save. When the screen went black to transition to the previous screen, though, a horrendous sound screeched from the speakers of my DS. Up until now the game had been completely silent, and the shriek issuing from my game startled me so bad I jumped a good foot into the air. The sound itself took me a moment to identify, but when I did I felt the hairs on my arms stand on end. The sound was Ironbeak’s cry, except it was several pitches higher than it should have been and lasted about twice as long. It was a drawn out sound that was full of agony, the death scream of a tortured, dying eagle. The sound then abruptly cut off, and a moment later the screen loaded up my Party page again.

Instantly my eyes went to Ironbeak’s sprite. His HP bar was missing and his nickname now read “Deceased”. But the thing that turned my unease into fear was the fact that Ironbeak’s sprite was now just a crumpled heap of brown and white pixels, barely recognizable as a Braviary. Almost against my will, I used my stylus to tap Ironbeak’s slot, then selected Summary from the options box that popped up. When the screen loaded, the first thing I saw was Ironbeak’s full sprite. Just like the overworld sprite, this one was lying in a motionless heap, but I could see more details in this larger image. For one thing, his left wing was just…gone, like it had been torn off. But worse than that were his eyes, or rather, the lack of them. They appeared to be gouged out, nothing more than empty black holes with thin trickles of blood running from them.

“What the hell…?” I whispered, staring in horror at the mangled body of my Braviary. There was nothing else on the screen, none of the normal summary information that normally populated this page. Well, there was one other thing, three simple lines that caused my heart to start beating rapidly…

6/19/2011
Route 3
Died​

Died? What the hell was going on here?! Suddenly desperate, I flipped through the other summary pages and found them all to be empty, void of any kind of information. When I found myself back on the main page starting at Ironbeak’s twisted sprite, I became aware of how dry my mouth and throat had become. I swallowed a few times, and then mashed the B button to back out of the summary screen. When the Party page loaded again, the titles of the Bad Eggs had all changed. It took my shocked mind a moment to comprehend that they were actually forming a sentence:

This
Is
All
Your
Fault​

This is all your fault…For a moment I could only stare at the screen, frozen by the words that were echoing in my head. Then I snapped back to my senses and, with fearful urgency roiling in my stomach, I went to turn off my DS. Except the game didn’t shut off. The dread in my stomach churned stronger, threatening to make me physically ill as I slid the power button up again and held it for several seconds, desperately hoping that I just hadn’t held it long enough the first time. I then let the button go, but even though I’d held the damn thing for maybe five or six seconds, the game still refused to shut off. Something was keeping me from escaping this sudden descent into Horror Land, something I couldn’t name or understand.

“Well then,” I snapped at the game abruptly, startled by how frightened and at the same time vicious I sounded. “Fine! IF you won’t turn off then I’ll just leave you on until the battery runs out!” I then turned the volume all the way down and dropped the game onto the floor. Any other time I would have practically had a heart attack had my game been jostled in such a manner with the AR still in it; just barely touching the AR could cause your game to lock up on you. Dropping it could have possibly permanently and irreparably screwed up my entire game, but at that point I was more concerned with trying to avoid whatever demonic thing that had turned my game from a fun pastime into my own personal horror movie.

I went to use my foot to kick the game system under the bed so I wouldn’t have to look at it, but the moment my foot touched the system, a stab of pain lanced through it and up my leg, spreading quickly throughout my entire body. The force of it stole my breath, so instead of crying out I could only manage a wheezing gasp. It felt like I’d stepped on a live wire and had several thousand volts of electricity running through my veins; even if dropping my game had caused some sort of weird electrical short in it, there was no way it could have generated enough power to give more than a strong static shock. No, this was caused by whatever was screwing with my game, screwing with me.

At the same time that the painful current ambushed me, the tall floor lamp sitting to the right side of my bed flickered and then went out, plunging the room into complete darkness. The other lights I’d turned on also died, stealing the warm, comforting illumination. And even though my blinds were up, no light was coming in from the street lights outside. When I recovered my wits enough to start feeling raw terror gnawing at my mind, I noticed there was a tiny bit of light after all. It was coming from under my bed…

…coming from the game.

Which, at that point, I realized was making noise even though I’d turned the damnable thing all the way down. It sounded like soft static, like when you’re tuned to a radio station that’s currently off-air and turned way down. But the sound quickly grew louder and, as it did, more distinguishable. That was no static hissing from my game’s speakers, but several voices harshly whispering at the same time. The whispering started growing louder, though, until it had risen into screams at a volume that should have been impossible for the DS’s small speakers to reach. It was like a group of people were standing right in front of my, all shrieking at the top of their lungs directly in my face. And even though this jumble of voices was screeching at the same time, I could still make out individual sentences, as if each one was one an individual frequency and I was picking up on all five at the same time.

“DON’T THROW US AWAY!”

“LET ME OUT!”

“WE WILL NOT GO AWAY!”

“YOU WILL NOT ABANDON US!”

“FACE US!”

“FREE ME!”

And then all the voices spoke the same thing in unison, the scream being that much louder for several different beings speaking it at the same moment: “YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!”

At that moment I realized I, too, was screaming, the sound clawing its way out of my throat and voicing the terror that was threatening to send me over the edge into madness. I also became aware of the tears streaming down my cheeks, but I paid no mind to it. Instead I practically jumped from my bed, hitting the floor in a heap and blindly slapping the carpet beneath my bed in a crazed effort to find the game and try to stop this insanity. Finally my hand landed on the game, and the moment it did all the lights in the house flickered back to life; the god-awful screaming stopped as well, thankfully.

For a while I just laid there on the floor, my hand covering the screen of the game. I’m not sure how long I remained like that, but eventually I noticed that I was getting sore from lying in the same spot for so long. Moving slowly, I sat up and crawled back on to my bed, suddenly too exhausted to try and stay sitting up. I flopped onto my stomach and set the game on the bed in front of me, staring at the little sprites of a dead Braviary and five demonic Eggs.

Abruptly, the game switched from my Party screen to the overworld map without any of the normal transition. After a moment I steeled myself and directed my character’s overworld sprite back to the Daycare. The only way to get this over with was to get those Eggs out of my Party, and this wasn’t just something I was hoping, either. Somehow I knew that if I could just remove these cursed things from my current team it would return everything to normal. It wouldn’t be much longer now, the Daycare was just a few steps out of sight…

When it came into view I knew things were going to get worse before they got better. For one, the Daycare was wrecked. The door was missing, there were holes in the roof, and the Daycare Man was nowhere to be seen. I rode my Bike to the empty doorway and was surprised when I was stopped at it, like I’d hit an invisible wall. A moment later a text box popped up saying, “See it through.” It was then replaced by a smaller box with the options of Yes and No in it. I took a few deep breaths to steady my frayed and broken nerves, then hit the A button with Yes highlighted. The box vanished and I once more tried entering the Daycare; this time I was able to.

Despite how badly I wanted this to end, I still wish to this day that the game had refused to let me in that place.

The transition screen from overworld map to inside the Daycare stayed black for several seconds longer than it should have, which by now, I knew, could only mean something awful was being set up. I had no idea how right my fears were until the screen finally loaded, showing me a sickening scene for which I was in no way prepared. The screen loaded, revealing not the normal interior of the Daycare, but what appeared to be a real-life photo of the same thing. There was a counter in the upper left-hand corner of the room, a computer to the right of that, and a black doorway leading to some other part of the Daycare. But that wasn’t what struck me with such horror that it was practically a physical blow.

Three bodies were here as well. One of them was the bald guy who randomly hangs out in this generation’s Daycare. His head was missing, just gone. His arms and legs were severed from his body and set in a bloody pile near his right side. His clothing was torn to shreds, and his chest was badly mauled. He was lying in the upper right-hand corner of the room, across from the PC, which had been knocked over and broken apart. The other two corpses were those of the Daycare Man and Lady, and their remains were more nightmarish than those of the Cueball. The Daycare Man was sprawled in the middle of the floor, his entire body mangled beyond belief. He was lying on his stomach, but his neck had been so grossly twisted that his destroyed face was staring at the ceiling. He looked like he’d taken a sawed-shotgun and shoved the barrel in his mouth before pulling the trigger. His arms and legs were lying at impossible angles, clearly having been shattered beyond repair to be in such positions. There were wounds on his back that were so extensive I could clearly see his guts and other internal organs. Finally, the Daycare Lady was lying across the counter on her back. Her body was split open from throat to groin, her entrails tossed about like party streamers. Her head had been ripped from her neck and placed in her stomach; empty eye sockets crying trails of blood stared back at me emptily. Her hands were missing at the wrists, looking like they’d been taken off with sheer physical force.

I took the scene in, my overloaded, terror-riddled mind not at first noticing the almost impossible amount of blood painting the walls and floor. Nor did I readily notice the fact that I was viewing this hideous image through my character sprite’s eyes, as she was nowhere in the image and the angle of it wasn’t the normal top-down view of the game. I stared for several minutes before something managed to pierce through the thick haze of fear strangling my mind.

Movement, something in the doorway that was coming forward. Against my will I focused on what was approaching, and it soon revealed itself to be a Zorua. Like everything else, it appeared to be a part of the real-life look to the picture, only the picture now appeared to be more like some twisted snuff video. The Pokemon looked like a small black bat-eared fox, if a bat-eared fox had a tuft of fur on its forehead and a thick mane around its neck. The tips of all four paws, normally a maroon hue, were slick and stained nearly as black as its pelt by blood, and its red eyebrows looked more like raw, weeping wounds. Its ears were pressed against its head and its tail puffed up, speaking clearly of its anger and aggression. But even worse than that were its eyes; Zorua usually had piercing electric blue eyes, but this one’s were dark crimson orbs burning with a loathing that nearly made me physically ill, it was so strong.

Those horrid eyes held my attention so firmly that it wasn’t until the little fox leapt on the counter near the Daycare Lady’s body that I noticed something pink in its jaws. It took me a moment to realize what it was: a Ditto, with bloody gashes on its body and vicious bite marks on what most likely were its throat. The thing resembled nothing more than a giant blob of chewed gum, but even so, the sight of its obviously dead body was somehow…wrong. With a toss of its head, Zorua spat Ditto’s body out and it landed on the floor with a wet thud that made me wince. I then noticed that what before looked like random slashes were actually marks spelling out something:

FATHER IS DEAD​

Father…? Wait, this Ditto, then, and this Zorua…these must have been the Pokemon I’d dropped off in the Daycare before this madness started. Zorua glared at me with her baleful eyes, then abruptly turned her right side to me. There were words carved into her flesh as well, each of the wounds oozing blood that was matting the rich ebony fur around them:

MOTHER KILLED HIM​

And as soon as I finished those words Zorua spun around, revealing on her other side:

YOU’RE NEXT​

I felt a slimy, cold sweat erupt all over my body at those words etched into the side of my Pokemon, and when she turned to face me again, she let out a snarl that made my blood freeze in my veins. As if that weren’t bad enough, at that moment a black text box popped up at the bottom of the screen. Instead of just saying, “Oh?” like it did when an Egg was about to hatch, this time it said, “Oh…no…” and the next instant had flashed to five rocking, bloodstained Eggs that were arranged in the shape of a star. Music started playing all of a sudden, making me cry out in alarm. The music was Egg-hatching music, except distorted to demonic levels.

I watched the Eggs shake and wiggle with mounting dread that made my stomach cramp painfully until finally, with a startling cracking noise, all five of them hatched. The screen flashed white and a nerve-wracking jingle played, and then the previous screen loaded. Only now instead of five Bad Eggs, there were five gruesome Zorua looking back at me. Each one looked partially decayed as well as badly deformed; the worst one was the top one, which looked like it had been skinned and gutted. Like their mother, each one had blazing red eyes that looked full of blood.

The screen went back to the realistic shot from before. Before me stood the skinned Zorua, while to my left was one with a squashed head and bones sticking from its sides and legs. On my right was one whose lips were gone, making it look like one of those smile.jpg pictures, and its ears were nothing more than small holes in the side of its head. Behind me were the other two, and I swear that in my room, I could sense the presence of those things, like they really WERE right there. I could almost feel their rotten breath on my skin…

The Zorua before me swiped a paw, growling and barking in Poke-speech. A white text box appeared at the bottom of the screen, obviously translating what was being said:

MOTHER WOULD HAVE LOVED YOU. BUT YOU ONLY WANTED TO USE HER. FATHER LOVED YOU,
BUT YOU LEFT HIM HERE, ABANDONED, AND HIS LOVE TURNED TO BITTERNESS.​

The text box vanished a second after I’d finished reading what was in it. Then the earless Zorua, who was standing to my right, swiped a paw and started “speaking”, and the box came up again:

YOU THREW WEAVER IN A DARK PRISON TO MAKE US,
EVEN THOUGH SHE DID HER BEST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.
YOU DIDN’T CARE HOW DEEPLY IT HURT OR SCARED HER.​

Weaver…she was the Sewaddle I had been EV training. I had needed to put her in the PC in order to free up as many spots in my team as possible for the cursed Eggs I’d picked up. Now, with an overload of terror pounding at me, I felt something else added to the maelstrom raging within me.

Guilt.

I didn’t have much time to process this new emotion before the text box disappeared, only to come back when the Zorua with the squashed head lashed at the air:

YOU CARED ONLY FOR YOUR OWN GAIN, NOT FOR THE
FEELINGS OF THOSE YOU WERE CONTROLLING. YOU
MADE UNNATURAL THINGS OCCUR AND IT CREATED US.​

And finally, Mother Zorua whipped a paw through the air. This time the text box didn’t vanish before she started to speak:

FATHER USED ME, BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU WERE USING
HIM. HE HURT ME, BUT ONLY BECAUSE HE WAS ALSO
BEING HURT. THESE PEOPLE WATCHED, UNCARING AND UNWILLING
TO HELP US. WEAVER SITS IN A WORLD WITH NO LIGHT
OR SOUND OR SENSATION OF ANY KIND. YOU WILL HURT
NO ONE ELSE AFTER THIS, JUST AS THESE ONES WILL
NEVER BE ALLOWED TO SIMPLY WATCH US SUFFER.
I WILL MAKE SURE OF THAT.​

And then, with no warning, the little black fox lunged forward with a shrill yelp. I jumped in surprise as the screen went black, hoping that maybe the nightmare was finally over. But then the screen loaded again, and this time it was focused on a new element. It was a young woman, sprawled on her back with gashes along her arms and chest. The words “NEVER AGAIN” were etched into her stomach. This person wasn’t dead, which was obvious from the terrified screaming and crying she was doing.

I started to gasp uncontrollably at this new sight, this final straw, and I could feel the last remaining threads of sanity I had snapping away, one by one. For that woman on the floor I was looking at wasn’t my in-game character…

…she was ME.

I had barely processed this when the game suddenly blacked out and started emitting a feeble, continual beep. I paid it no mind, trying to come to terms with what I’d seen on the screen. As I tried to force myself to understand it, a blaze of pain abruptly erupted along my arms, as well as my chest and stomach. Just before the pain chased me into blackness, two simple words echoed in my mind:

NEVER AGAIN…

=/=\=/\=

I woke to shaking and the panicked voice of Mom calling my name. Instantly I was aware of a horrible pain in my arms, but I barely cared about that. It took only a moment for me to spot the game on the floor, laying near the lamp. It had died at some point, no longer making sound or even powered on. I shuddered as I stared at the screen, expecting it to come back on and show me more horrid things.

As soon as I was awake Mom asked what had happened. I could tell that she was still worried sick for me, and I could understand why; coming home to find her daughter unconscious with gashes all over would have made any mother fearful. I found myself unable to explain what had happened, though, and not because I didn’t think she wouldn’t believe me. There was just some part of me that refused to be honest, as if I were unconsciously afraid of somehow putting her in danger or something. Thankfully, she seemed too concerned about my health and didn’t wait for an answer before bustling me to the car and taking me to the emergency room of OSU Medical Center.

I had eight deep gashes that needed dozens of stitches to close, four on each arm and all of them going from shoulder to wrist. Thanks to the severity of the wounds (which were only bleeding a bit now and partially scabbed over), I was given higher priority than the other people in the ER and instantly whisked away to a trauma unit for immediate surgery. I was hooked up to a machine that delivered a powerful dose of anesthetic, and the last thing I was aware of was someone making a comment of why someone would do something like this to themselves.

I came to some hours later, my eyes feeling thick and full of Neosporin. Everything was blurry and I felt groggy enough to fall back asleep. I forced myself awake, though, and instantly noticed the thick bandages wound around my arms. I stared at them for a moment before some doctor or another came in, made a remark about me being awake, and bustled back out to get my mom. There was a whirlwind of activity I can’t really remember, but at some point I was helped into a wheelchair and taken outside to where Mom’s car was. No words were spoken as she drove me home, other than her briefly mentioning that the surgeon placing the stitches had told her no one could identify what had caused the wounds. They hadn’t been put there by claws, or a knife, or a razor, or any other number of objects capable of such precise, perfectly straight slashes. On top of that, the wounds had just barely missed major veins and arteries, such as those in my wrists and the bend of my elbow. I didn’t say anything in response and by some instinct Mom knew not to push me on the subject, for which I was grateful.

When we got home Mom let me rest in her bed, as my sheets were covered in blood from the injuries on my arms. As she was busy bundling up the sheets to wash them, I went into the bathroom and quickly examined myself for the cuts I hadn’t mentioned to either Mom or the surgeon. There, just as I’d known there would be, were dozens of smaller, minor scratches and tears in the skin. And on my stomach were the words NEVER AGAIN. The cuts making these words had already scabbed over and were no longer bleeding, but it was obvious they would leave a scar I’d carry for the rest of my life.

As I stared at those wounds, something in the back of my mind stirred. Something that was beginning to overcome the fear, a rational side of my brain that demanded answers, no matter if they were right, wrong, or not even plausible. Maybe it was my strong belief in the supernatural, the otherworldly, or maybe it was inspired by the horrid events that had taken place, but after several moments an explanation for what had happened unfolded in my psyche.

Something, some cruel and powerful entity of some kind, had decided to have a bit of fun with an unsuspecting mortal. It had most likely chosen its victim at random and, once it found them, deigned the most convenient way of screwing with their heads. If it had been someone watching television, then maybe they would have had their favorite show warped in some horrific manner. If it had been someone surfing the Internet they would have likely had their computer taken over by the macabre. It just so happened that I was the unlucky winner of that celestial lottery, and at the time I had been playing my game.

This thing, whatever it was, had used my game and DS as a medium for its sanity-draining prank. Things that had at first seemed like the programming gone rogue most likely were just the doings of the entity, twisting the programming and forcing these heinous glitches to happen. The programming for each letter was there in the game; with a bit of its own hacking, the entity could have easily strung together coding for the things it had made the game say. Coding for the various colors was also there, and the thing that had gotten into my game would have also been able to rearrange the order and colors of the pixels in order to make Ironbeak dead.

However, the impossible noises and the real-life sequence at the end…those were in no way generated by the game itself. Instead, the entity simply used the game as a window, one that glimpsed into some alter-dimension where these things were really happening. It was horrible to think that in some different universe there really were three dead bodies that were there simply because a heartless deity of some kind wanted to toy with me; as soon as the thought occurred to me I reverently hoped I was wrong about this theory. It could have been an illusion, perhaps, one projected either on the screen or maybe directly into my brain, and even though the latter idea was troubling, it was still better than the possibility of random dead bodies used solely for my torment.

The idea of some ancient, evil-hearted thing taking over my game could also explain my injuries and the nasty shock I’d received after tossing the game to the floor. By using the game system as a medium, whatever had taken it over would have been able to do a sort of energy transfer. This would have only worked with me holding the system so the energy could pass into me, which was why I didn’t get the shock until I’d touched the game with my foot. If I hadn’t been holding the system when I’d seen myself torn up in the game, those injuries wouldn’t have found their way onto my flesh, either.

And what of other possibilities? Maybe I’d fallen asleep playing my game and something had found me then, twisting my dreams into a nightmare and inflicting those injuries on me while I slept. Perhaps some psycho had broken into our apartment, drugged me, and meticulously cut me open while vicious sights plagued my unconscious mind. The more I thought about it the more confused and uncertain I felt, until finally I forced all thoughts of the event from my mind, refusing to dwell upon it any longer. What had happened had happened, and at that moment, my mind was too broken and my nerves too frayed to keep contemplating the possible causes for the occurrence.

I may not know what had actually caused those things to happen that night, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to play my White version since then. As Mom was putting my sheets in the washer I cautiously went to the DS on the floor, removed the AR from it, and nearly broke it as I wrenched the game card out of it. I then put the game card back in its case, which I buried under books and papers in one of my dressers. The AR itself I threw in the trash, and the DS I kept, dead and empty, in my computer bag. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to play it again, but if I do, after that experience I won’t ever even think about hacking it.

Never again…

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom