• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Noibat line then if you want so. What I'm getting at here is, Noivern was starred in the last episodes of BW (we never should talk off BW again) so if Ash would get it, it either would rule out Noibat evolving or evolving to a Pokemon that already had a good share of episodes with another trainer while in the group and I wouldn't like seeing more of it.

Unless you outright hate Noivern, there's no logic to this.

Because once a Pokemon belongs to a main character, the usage of that Pokemon is going to be a lot more than some random not that very important recurring character's.

Ash's Palpitoad has been in more episodes than Alexa's Noivern or any Noivern for that matter and Palpitoad was treated like crap for the most part in terms of screentime.

Pikachu has been in every episode, and so on and so forth.

That's just what happens. Alexa traveling with Ash and co, and having a Noivern doesn't mean it had a good share, when main cast Pokemon are showcased so often.

That's why I never really cared to hear "X Pokemon has been overused" if it was a wild Pokemon that was not on the main cast, and I mean sure seeing Beedrill in every forest as some kind of nuisance to the character could get boring, but Noivern has barely been seen, except in maybe 5 episodes. And only 2 of those episodes were important.

I don't hate it but I just don't want to see it in the main cast after a guest character had it over a few episodes. Especially if there are other Pokèmon I would prefer going to Ash like Phantump or Honedge.

That's a given. Not sure why you find it necessary to tell me that.

If something had a good share of episodes is subjective and for me, I've seen enough of Palpitoad and Noivern with what I saw.

Really, you pull the Pikachu here, sounds desperate to me. Pikachu is the mascot of the series and the very first Pokemon Ash got and befriended. He is pretty much as main cast as Ash by now, just in it's own, Pokèmony way.

Didn't say anything about overused. I just wouldn't like to see Noibat (or Noivern) as Ashs Pokèmon. So for environmental Pokemon, like Beedril or Zubat, it's just that for me. I mean if you go to a city you almost certainly see some Pigeons in reality. Many people have cats and dogs and you see them when you go somewhere. And fly's, ants or bees are everywhere, especially through summer anyway. And you often see cows around the outskirts of villages. Just some examples. The same goes for all this mass Pokèmon. They are just part of the world with a wide area they cover. It's just like your all-day animals you see that are part of the world.

Noibat line then if you want so. What I'm getting at here is, Noivern was starred in the last episodes of BW (we never should talk off BW again) so if Ash would get it, it either would rule out Noibat evolving or evolving to a Pokemon that already had a good share of episodes with another trainer while in the group and I wouldn't like seeing more of it.

Unless you outright hate Noivern, there's no logic to this.

Because once a Pokemon belongs to a main character, the usage of that Pokemon is going to be a lot more than some random not that very important recurring character's.

Ash's Palpitoad has been in more episodes than Alexa's Noivern or any Noivern for that matter and Palpitoad was treated like crap for the most part in terms of screentime.

Pikachu has been in every episode, and so on and so forth.

That's just what happens. Alexa traveling with Ash and co, and having a Noivern doesn't mean it had a good share, when main cast Pokemon are showcased so often.

That's why I never really cared to hear "X Pokemon has been overused" if it was a wild Pokemon that was not on the main cast, and I mean sure seeing Beedrill in every forest as some kind of nuisance to the character could get boring, but Noivern has barely been seen, except in maybe 5 episodes. And only 2 of those episodes were important.

I don't hate it but I just don't want to see it in the main cast after a guest character had it over a few episodes. Especially if there are other Pokèmon I would prefer going to Ash like Phantump or Honedge.

That's a given. Not sure why you find it necessary to tell me that.

If something had a good share of episodes is subjective and for me, I've seen enough of Palpitoad and Noivern with what I saw.

Really, you pull the Pikachu here, sounds desperate to me. Pikachu is the mascot of the series and the very first Pokemon Ash got and befriended. He is pretty much as main cast as Ash by now, just in it's own, Pokèmony way.

Didn't say anything about overused. I just wouldn't like to see Noibat (or Noivern) as Ashs Pokèmon. So for environmental Pokemon, like Beedril or Zubat, it's just that for me. I mean if you go to a city you almost certainly see some Pigeons in reality. Many people have cats and dogs and you see them when you go somewhere. And fly's, ants or bees are everywhere, especially through summer anyway. And you often see cows around the outskirts of villages. Just some examples. The same goes for all this mass Pokèmon. They are just part of the world with a wide area they cover. It's just like your all-day animals you see that are part of the world.

To build on what that other member wrote, Ash has shared plenty of "previously showcased" Pokémon with guest characters and vice versa, predominantly his rivals. Both him and Paul had Starly, Gliscor and Torterra, not to mention shared Monferno. Ash and Gary each have Krabby, Ritchie uses an entire team of Pokémon owned by Ash (with the exception of Pupitar), Tyson has Sceptile, and Trip owns Tranquil and an evolved Snivy.

There's really nothing stopping Ash from owning any Pokémon just because another character does. In fact, I would outright say that Ash could have any Pokémon except any used by the TRio and his group of friends.

Really not too happy that the writers decided to release Goodra. First of all, Ash only has a team of 4 and he's going up against Valerie in a few episodes. THE 6TH GYM LEADER. We're nearly 75% done with the gyms and Ash /STILL/ doesn't have a full team yet. In most sagas, he has a full team by the 4th gym at least. Sure we're probably getting Noibat as a replacement, but...Really? 3 flying types? Wow...Anyway, the other thing that really bugs me about Goodra's release is that this was Ash's first psuedo. Goodra can be a very powerful tank and its battle with Clemont's Luxray proved how capable it is at tanking hits and really dealing serious damage. He finally gets a Pokemon like this. Its finally done RIGHT(I'm looking at you Torterra.), but its taken away from him just like that! Is Ash not allowed really to have a Pokemon this strong?

He has Goukazaru, which is without doubt a massively powerful individual.

Numelgon can come back as quickly as he left--even quicker, really. Having fewer Pokemon on his team also means other Pokemon can get longer gym matches.

i haven't been following the anime that closely, just getting back into things. How does having Infernape make up losing Goorda? Unless he calls Infernape back?

Damn. The updated opening ruined my hope that Noibat was just unfounded speculation or a Team Rocket capture.

I just really don't get it. Ash doesn't need yet another flying type and he already had a better Dragon!!! There are massive gaps on his team of types he has no Pokemon that has the moves to cover, is he just collecting punching bags for Pikachu?

*rage*

Damn. The updated opening ruined my hope that Noibat was just unfounded speculation or a Team Rocket capture.

I just really don't get it. Ash doesn't need yet another flying type and he already had a better Dragon!!! There are massive gaps on his team of types he has no Pokemon that has the moves to cover, is he just collecting punching bags for Pikachu?

*rage*

You do realise Electric is ineffective against Dragon type, right? Therefore rendering what would otherwise be a super effective attack to just...normal, I guess. Noibat would hardly be a "punching bag".

Gah. The theory has come to light. Ash does get the Zubat clone. Serena is also getting an Eevee OTW.

Why Ash wants to have another Flying type Pokemon? I can't even think about it. Even beating Valerie with Noibat gets really silly for me although it's effectively usable for battle.

Damn. The updated opening ruined my hope that Noibat was just unfounded speculation or a Team Rocket capture. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5538514

*rage*

Actually, their secondary types help them neutralize one of Flying-type's weaknesses respectively:

Fletchinder: neutral to Ice, weak to Rock and Electric
Hawlucha: neutral to Rock, weak to Ice and Electric
Noibat: neutral to Electric, weak to Rock and Ice

So typing-wise they aren't even that bad. Besides, with their secondary typing they can hit different targets, so don't stop just at the fact that they all share the Flying-type.

Last edited:
Well, based on the updated opening it seems Ash gets Noibat and Serena will eventually get Eevee. As much as I don't like Ash having 3 flying-types, I do love Noibat and I'm trilled that it went to him rather than TR.

You do realise Electric is ineffective against Dragon type, right? Therefore rendering what would otherwise be a super effective attack to just...normal, I guess. Noibat would hardly be a "punching bag".
Still leaves it weaker than most Dragon types. Considering Dragon is only super effective against Dragon, it's a secondary type that weakens the Pokemon, removing a resistance and adding extra weaknesses.

On most Dragon/Flying Pokemon that's overcome by diverse and powerful movesets. Noibat's moveset doesn't include any Dragon type moves, only more flying/normal ones - at best it could have Bite to add the most useless Dark type move.

Noibat doesn't fill a need on his team. Especially with it looking unlikely that Frogadier will evolve any time soon, or that Ash will try and teach the Pokemon he does have more diverse move sets.

Still leaves it weaker than most Dragon types. Considering Dragon is only super effective against Dragon, it's a secondary type that weakens the Pokemon, removing a resistance and adding extra weaknesses.

That's not very relevant anime-wise. Sure, having things like a weakness to Rock sucks, but it can handle other things better. Besides, Hawlucha, Frogadier and eventual 6th catch can handle that weakness.

On most Dragon/Flying Pokemon that's overcome by diverse and powerful movesets. Noibat's moveset doesn't include any Dragon type moves, only more flying/normal ones - at best it could have Bite to add the most useless Dark type move.

Actually it can learn a few Dragon moves: Draco Meteor (Tutor), Dragon Pulse (Tutor) and Outrage (Egg). And since Luxray has Swift, an Egg move, Noibat could very well get Outrage. Also it can learn some interesting moves, like Tailwind (to increase its and its team's speed), Dark Pulse, Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball (useful against Olympia), Hurricane, U-Turn and others. And it would gain even more moves if it evolved.

Noibat doesn't fill a need on his team. Especially with it looking unlikely that Frogadier will evolve any time soon, or that Ash will try and teach the Pokemon he does have more diverse move sets.

Goodra didn't fill a spot either, a part lacking a weakness to Rock. Besides, Noibat fits Ash's battle style way more than Goodra, since it's more geared toward speed. Sure, I would have liked Goodra to still be around, but Noibat isn't really that bad.

Honestly, I feel like people are making a big deal only because its Flying-type. I bet that if it was only Dragon with Levitate or similar it wouldn't get as much flak.

Last edited:
My worst fears have been confirmed: Ash having three Flying-types

At least in BW, Ash owning three Ground-types at once was not a bad deal because 1) not all of them were on his team at the same time 2) Gliscor and Torterra were never shown to use offensive Ground-type moves, and 3) all three Pokémon had unique battling styles to compensate.

I know Hawlucha and Fletchinder battle completely differently, but the case may not be made for Noibat, who more or less is a Dragon-type version of Fletchinder. Noibat has a very limited movepool anyway, and it may be given moves like Air Slash (similar to Fletchinder's Razor Wind) or Wing Attack. Hopefully Noibat gets moves like Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, or Acrobatics instead. We've never seen any of Ash's Pokémon use the two aforementioned Flying-type moves.

It was already confirmed that Noibat wasn't going to be captured by TR:

1) The TV TOKYO website featured Noibat on the character list before Wobbuffet and the rest of TRio's Pokémon. Since Wobbuffet is the most iconic Pokémon belonging to TRio, if Noibat really would have been caught by either of them, then it should have appeared after Wobbuffet.

2) The new ending features all of TRio's Pokémon on the sidelines of a stage. Noibat is featured alongside the other Pokémon belonging to the main protagonists on the center stage. The ending also featured a small scene of TRio's Pokémon (and Meowth) gathering together for a quartet; Noibat wasn't present.

Okay so now let me say something. If the writers are not gonna screw ash over then I got the league as a you can use any pokemon kind of thing. Making a sceptile vs sceptile match. And making it one of the best leauges, making ash the victor or at least runner up. I see Greninja being a huge part of it. Also if he does meet alain then charizard Y too. Also Noibat will be very small vs others only showing up to assist mostly.

So, you guys wanted Ash to have a Dragon type Pokemon, he now potentially has a Dragon type Pokemon (again) and now you DON'T want him to have a Dragon type Pokemon? Have I got this right?

So, you guys wanted Ash to have a Dragon type Pokemon, he now potentially has a Dragon type Pokemon (again) and now you DON'T want him to have a Dragon type Pokemon? Have I got this right?

It's not Noibat's Dragon typing that is bothering us. It's the fact that the writers have given Ash yet another Flying-type Pokémon in the same generation when he has yet to obtain any Ghost-, Psychic-, Steel-, or Fairy-type Pokémon at all.

Generaton VI is abundant with all four of those types of Pokémon, and yet the writers decide to give Ash three Flying-types - a type that he has used abundantly in every single region in the past.

Granted, all of these Pokemon are dual-typed, but those typings - Fire, Fighting, and Dragon - have been used constantly by Ash in the recent past.

Ash has only one slot left for his Kalos team, and there's a pretty good chance that Bergmite will take it, which is okay since he only had two other Ice-types, but still not desirable in my books. We have to wait until Generation VII before Ash can obtain a new type of Pokemon.

Ash has only one slot left for his Kalos team, and there's a pretty good chance that Bergmite will take it, which is okay since he only had two other Ice-types, but still not desirable in my books. We have to wait until Generation VII before Ash can obtain a new type of Pokemon.

Bergmite only made sense when Phantump also made sense, and that was before Noibat being captured.

Bergmite still could be caught but there wouldn't be any logical reason for Ash to do so.

Honedge honestly makes far more sense at this point for the writers to give. Bergmite isn't going to be doing any favors for Ash. Just like unfortunately is the case with Phantump which is why I've had to give up on Phantump. I never wanted Bergmite, but now I definitely don't see it as a likely possibility like Phantump.

I think Honedge is a far more likely. Because again Bergmite has no logical reason to be caught.

Bergmite only made sense when Phantump also made sense, and that was before Noibat being captured.

Bergmite still could be caught but there wouldn't be any logical reason for Ash to do so.

Honedge honestly makes far more sense at this point for the writers to give. Bergmite isn't going to be doing any favors for Ash. Just like unfortunately is the case with Phantump which is why I've had to give up on Phantump. I never wanted Bergmite, but now I definitely don't see it as a likely possibility like Phantump.

I think Honedge is a far more likely. Because again Bergmite has no logical reason to be caught.
I'm pretty sure Bergmite is more likely since teh writers love being predictable with captures plus XY is basically like AG so Bergmite will be caught to mirror Snorunt.

I'm pretty sure Bergmite is more likely since teh writers love being predictable with captures plus XY is basically like AG so Bergmite will be caught to mirror Snorunt.

Sorry but the very fact that has the water starter, three flying types, no grass type, implies that Bergmite is NOT likely.

You can't pick and choose what to say is similar to a past series, either it's all similar or not similar at all. Since Ash has no similar types to 3rd generation is why Bergmite is NOT likely.

No logic, doesn't make sense.

Ash cannot have completely drastically different types from 3rd generation and say just because Ash got an ice type IN 3rd generation means that he's going to get one here in this generation. That's way too picky choosy given that by now the 6th generation is WAY too dissimilar to the 3rd generation.

Could you please elaborate on this? Why exactly is Honedge more likely? Ash rarely catches Pokémon based on inanimate objects, and the M17 antagonist used the entire line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom