• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

We're being trolled on purpose. Watch how his next failed attempt will also be an electric type!

He tried catching a Grubbin (which eventually evolves into an Electric-type) and failed... Now Alolan Geodude... The next will clearly be Xurkitree!

Yeah, but all three Flying types added a new type to his team, Fire with Talonflame, Fighting with Hawlucha, and Dragon with Noivern, while Geodude adds nothing because Ash already has an Electric and a Rock type.

I chalk that up to Unova being a mess with Ash catching more Pokemon than he needed, with some such as Palpitoad and Scraggy not being used much at all and mostly being useless.

He's overlapped with types in past series, so what's the problem? And I wouldn't chalk it up to Unova being a "mess". It happened in every series so far.

• (I know OS is pretty much two or three different series, but it's officially 1) OS: Water (Squirtle, Kingler, Lapras, & Totodile) / Fire (Charizard & Quilava) / Grass (Bulbasaur & Chikorita) / Flying (Butterfree, Pidgeot, Charizard, & Noctowl) / Normal (Pidgeot, Tauros, Snorlax, & Noctowl)
  • AG: Normal (Swellow & Aipom)
  • DP: Flying (Staraptor & Gliscor) / Ground (Torterra, Gliscor, & Gible)
  • BW: Water (Oshawott & Palpitoad) / Fire (Pignite & Charizard) / Grass (Snivy & Leavanny) / Flying (Unfezant & Charizard) / Ground (Krookodile & Palpitoad) / Fighting (Pignite & Scraggy) / Dark (Scraggy & Krookodile)
  • XY: Flying (Talonflame, Hawlucha, & Noivern) / Dragon (Goodra & Noivern)

I chalk that up to Unova being a mess with Ash catching more Pokemon than he needed, with some such as Palpitoad and Scraggy not being used much at all and mostly being useless.
Whatever the reason, it still happened. I'm not saying Ash will catch an Alolan Geodude or any other Electric-type, but there is nothing officially stopping him from catching one.

Last edited:
IMO, it should be Jessie who should catch Bewear. James always gets hugged by his Pokémon...
Maybe give James a Grass-type he can baby. He should consider opening a daycare.

Also, will Nebby stay in the bag?

With Alolan Marowak set to appear in the near future, who thinks that Kiawe may catch one as he has one in the games
Well this one seems like a pretty assertive one, with it stealing the crown. Hopefully it's not a bad one, or is just misunderstood, so that someone, maybe Kiawe can catch it.

Would be nice to see Kiawe and the others catch a second Pokemon, being a fire type, Alolan Marowak makes sense with Ash already having Litten

A bit disappointed that Lana didn't catch a Pokemon in today's episode

Maybe Kiawe will catch the Alolan Marowak.

100000001003629108_10204.jpg

Except for Tapu Lele, why would they do it just to advertise Alolan Marowak and no other Alolan Pokemon that are appearing around the same time or will have no connections to main or recurring characters like Gladion?

For some reason I get the feeling if Rockruff will evolve, maybe it could occur during the battle with Olivia
I don't know... maybe it is a bit too early for it to evolve, as it only evolves once. If I were to choose a Pokémon for evolution now, I'd rather choose Rowlet, as it can evolve twice and hence each form will receive nearly equal screen time.

Though, my thoughts on this one may very well be put into the bin, as the SM anime has shown that it does not care much about equal screen time for each evolutionary form, what with Mallow's Bounsweet evolving in the very first episode that she ever got focus.

Well, since it turns out that the merchandise was right, I hope in the next ten episodes, that Lana or Mallow catch another Pokemon. I don't know which, because Mallow has had one of her Pokemon evolve, but Lana recently got a Z-Ring, but since that wasn't really a team change, I guess it should be Lana.

Well, since it turns out that the merchandise was right, I hope in the next ten episodes, that Lana or Mallow catch another Pokemon. I don't know which, because Mallow has had one of her Pokemon evolve, but Lana recently got a Z-Ring, but since that wasn't really a team change, I guess it should be Lana.
How about letting Mallow catch a Fomantis? I bet it would fit her team. After all, she has a Lunartis in game.

Back
Top Bottom