• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I believe that Ash will soon obtain a new unevolved Pokemon to train after Farfetch'd becomes Sirfetch'd.

I think so too.

Probably one of Dreepy, Toxel, Impidimp or Kubfu will belong to Ash.

I prefer Dreepy or Kubfu but Toxel is also very cool.

And another thing is that like: When Farfetch'd evolves, he won't have any other Pokémon with an arc to be devolpted. Like yes, his current team needs more battles and focus, but besides Farfetch'd, nobody has any other arcs to complete. Dragonite, Gengar and maybe Dracovish (debatable tho) got their arcs in the same ep they were caught. Riolu got his completed in the largest number os eps out of everyone in Journeys, but it is done. And Kamon's will be (possibly) completed once ep 60 comes around. And one of his mon's developtment being in progress/unfinished never really stopped him from getting another one, like in every other series, just like in this one with Farfecth'd itself.

And another thing is that like: When Farfetch'd evolves, he won't have any other Pokémon with an arc to be devolpted. Like yes, his current team needs more battles and focus, but besides Farfetch'd, nobody has any other arcs to complete. Dragonite, Gengar and maybe Dracovish (debatable tho) got their arcs in the same ep they were caught. Riolu got his completed in the largest number os eps out of everyone in Journeys, but it is done. And Kamon's will be (possibly) completed once ep 60 comes around. And one of his mon's developtment being in progress/unfinished never really stopped him from getting another one, like in every other series, just like in this one with Farfecth'd itself.
That's why I think he might get Grookey.

The photos leaked in the anime usually determine the owner of the pokemon.

I think it is a clue that Grookey first jumped on Goh and then Ash at the opening of the Anime.

I think Goh will get the grokey. In his first season in 1997, Ash got all the starters. He even bought it in Johto. Later, he also bought it in Bw. For the first time, he may not get any starter in a series.

After Dp, the anime story changed. The strongest pokemon and focus are no longer on Starters in Ash's teams.

If Sobble develops and evolves, Grookey can remain like Ash's Balbasaur without ever developing. Goh is the right choice in these respects. Ash's pokemon should now reach their final evolution.

Who gets the grooke? It's hard to answer. But I do not believe that so many coincidental photos came about.

Goh more likely.

The photos leaked in the anime usually determine the owner of the pokemon.
Sandy and Sobble introduce yourselves.
I think it is a clue that Grookey first jumped on Goh and then Ash at the opening of the Anime.
Nah. That doesn't make anything more likely.
I think Goh will get the grokey. In his first season in 1997, Ash got all the starters. He even bought it in Johto. Later, he also bought it in Bw. For the first time, he may not get any starter in a series.
Which is weird.
After Dp, the anime story changed. The strongest pokemon and focus are no longer on Starters in Ash's teams.
ehem ehem GRENINJA.
If Sobble develops and evolves, Grookey can remain like Ash's Balbasaur without ever developing. Goh is the right choice in these respects. Ash's pokemon should now reach their final evolution.
I doubt Goh will get 2 full stage starters.
Goh more likely.
I want Ash.

Actually, Lucario's still got a score to settle with Bea. Not sure what'll happen when that's over, but still. It's very much there.
Oh yeah, I forgot lol. But this beef can be solved in a single battle episode. And I don't feel like it contradicts my point too: Lucario needing to finish his arc (especially since it's this close to end) doesn't invalidates him getting Grookey or any other mon for that matter.

Last edited:
I don’t mind if Ash misses out on all three starters, but he sure as hell should be catching more Galar Pokémon - Sizzlipede, Applin, Chewtle, Cufant - these Pokémon are missing out on the screen time that past generation Pokémon would get during a series set in the Regions from which they come.

I don’t mind if Ash misses out on all three starters, but he sure as hell should be catching more Galar Pokémon - Sizzlipede, Applin, Chewtle, Cufant - these Pokémon are missing out on the screen time that past generation Pokémon would get during a series set in the Regions from which they come.
Ash isnt getting Applin, Cufant or Chewtle. TR has Chewtle Rose has Copperajah and Applin is weak.

Goh's team was overpowered and strong, according to a beginner trainer.

Suicune
Scizor
Flygon
Aerodactyl
Cindrace
Arctozolt

And the staff can be added if they evolve Rillabloom and Intellion.

And there was not even the 60th episode yet.

So if they meet Ash and Goh right now
Goh may beat Ash.

Dragonite
Gengar
Pikachu
Dracovish
Farfetch
Lucario

The key is Goh is a beginner while Ash has been an trainer for 25 years.

I hope the writers will give Ash pokemons like Drgapult, Kubfu, Latias.

Even if Ash was pushed to the second plan, he didn't deserve that much.

Back
Top Bottom