• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Yeah, I actually really wonder how they're going to handle these forms in future games actually. I guess if you can transfer them in you can just say they time traveled like it says when you transfer between gens? Or maybe they'll make them exclusive to the Legends series and you just can't transfer them into other games? I'm sure they're already keeping that in mind, just gonna be interesting to see what happens to them in Gen 9 and beyond.
When I heard the region name Hisui, I was confused as I thought it would be set in Sinnoh, but Hisui is ancient Sinnoh. And some bits were way out of left field such as Hisuian forms and new Pokemon. And it has that Final Fantasy X vibe for me with the listing of order of attack, and it wet my appetite even more for this game. I look like a definite play for this correspondent. So looking forward to it, and suspect even more Hisui forms and new Pokemon to be revealed soon.
LOL same, I paused for a moment when I heard Hisui and was like "wait what" before it clicked.

Still trying to wrap my head around the flood of info here, so I'll just post my preliminary thoughts for now.

I like the concept of the game - very different kind of story, yet one that still fits within one of the main underlying themes of the Pokemon universe. In contrast to SwSh's story which heavily focused on the classic storyline of you trying to become Champion, Legends is all about the other half of Pokemon games - trying to complete the Pokedex.

But who would've thought that the Crown Tundra's story of being part of an expedition team would've been the main clue to Legends Arceus' story all along?

Regional variants in past Sinnoh Hisui is something I definitely was not expecting!!!

I'm sure I'll think of more, but I need to rewatch the stream & check out the official websites.

I am just- AH! Trying to take all this new information in! I was very excited when this game was revealed, but now I'm even more! Like, I can't even think properly!

So happy regional variants and evolutions are making a return! Absolutely stoked about that! And they look good so far. Not gonna lie for a moment when I saw the Basculin evo I thought it was the original form of one of the Galar fossils because the colors were so similar. But Basculin makes a lot more sense lol. Hisuian Braivary is awesome! I am definitely going to pick that pokemon up for my team.

What really surprised me was the battle mechanic changes though, and I'm honestly pretty excited to see on how it will play out. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have any real interest in battling in Pokemon games.

Gosh, this game looks so good. I'm sure I'll be rewatching the trailer all day!

Trading with other players is confirmed:

pokemon.com said:
Along with the headquarters of the Galaxy Team and your own lodgings, Jubilife Village boasts a range of useful institutions and services—such as the trading post, where you can trade Pokémon with other players.

A paid Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to enjoy certain features.

From the website

How to complete the Pokédex​

You add information to your Pokédex by catching Pokémon. But catching a Pokémon once won’t be enough to complete its Pokédex entry!
You’ll need to keep studying that Pokémon and complete research tasks to increase your research progress on it and flesh out its Pokédex entry.
Completing these research tasks will also contribute to your work with the Galaxy Expedition Team and raise your rank as a team member, granting you access to new areas.

Good, it means its not a done once and get it all kinda of deal. You need to actually put effort in with a Pokemon.

I had thought about this as a possibility (with it being the first pokedex of the region) but it wasn't sure if they'd go through with it.

It's good to know that it seems like there will be a sense of progression in this game. I worried it would be just like the wild areas in Sword/Shield and just be a more elaborate Pokemon catching playground.

I had thought about this as a possibility (with it being the first pokedex of the region) but it wasn't sure if they'd go through with it.

It's good to know that it seems like there will be a sense of progression in this game. I worried it would be just like the wild areas in Sword/Shield and just be a more elaborate Pokemon catching playground.

Yeah. It basically is a little bit like New Pokemon Snap. You can only unlock new areas after having completed/reached a certain research level.

climate change or hunting to extinction could have done it

It could also be the case that there's an item required to evolve them that was rare at the time and even more rare in the present day. (or possibly even no longer obtainable)

I guess in the case of Stantler and Wyrdeer it could be a change in environment though.

but for Basculin, we've never encountered Basculin in the Sinnoh region so it's possible that it's an evolution that's exclusive to Sinnoh for some reason. (Maybe the streams in the Sinnoh region are a lot harsher than in Unova, so more of the Basculin don't survive)

As expected my hype for this game remains fully in-tact. I'm really excited to see the regional variants and evolutions of old Pokemon. I love that stuff! The gameplay seems even more BOTW-like, which is a great thing IMO. This game looks great! I know people will rag it for the graphics not being the best and the framerate being inconsistent, but the game itself shows enough ambition that kind of stuff just doesn't matter to me, TBH.

pokemon_regional_g_1.png

Hisuian Growlithe​

• CATEGORY
    Scout Pokémon
  • TYPE
    Fire/Rock
  • HEIGHT
    2'7"
  • WEIGHT
    50lbs.
pokemon_regional_g_3.jpg

Soft fur, stony horn​

This is Growlithe as it appears in the Hisui region. Its Hisuian form has longer, more voluminous fur than the previously discovered form of Growlithe. This soft, heat-retaining fur helps the Pokémon thrive even in the frigid Hisui region. The sharp horn on its head is made of rock, but it breaks easily, so Hisuian Growlithe uses it only when it’ll have the greatest effect.

pokemon_regional_g_4.jpg

A wary Pokémon that guards its territory with a partner​

Hisuian Growlithe are highly vigilant and tend to be seen watching over their territory in pairs. Apparently, they have lived apart from humans for a long time and are unused to being around people. Building trust with a Hisuian Growlithe takes time.
Source:- Hisuian Growlithe | Pokémon

Doubt it, since its Fire type, it shouldn't be affected by it.

(I know this is a joke-y subdiscussion, so without wanting to derail things too much, I'll just say that "global warming" is kind of a misnomer, which is why we've moved away from it over the years and shifted toward the term "climate change." It's a broader, more suitable term, since the effects of CC are obviously more varied than "everything gets hotter" like the term "global warming" implies. So Hisuian Growlithe wouldn't necessarily be safe just because of its typing.)

The only problem that comes up with the regional forms being in Hisui and not in Sinnoh, is how are they gonna adress this in BDSP. There still need to be traces for them, especially since you can get Stantler in Platinum and Pearl using Pokéradar.

Pretty good stuff shown. An overhauled combat system, Hisuian variants and evolutions, riding Pokemon, and some kind of boss battle (not explained). All looks really good.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom