• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I personally disagree. Time-travelling is rarely done right, and seldomly makes some sort of in-universe sense.

The game is set in Sinnoh-past, and should stay there. I'm alright IF the phone comes from the future or something, but the plot and mechanics shouldn't be focussed on time-shennanigans.

When it comes to time travel, less is more. The less jumping around between time periods, the less confusing the story gets. Stories that involve excessive amounts of time travel tend to be riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies, so it's best to keep it simple.

I personally disagree. Time-travelling is rarely done right, and seldomly makes some sort of in-universe sense.

The game is set in Sinnoh-past, and should stay there. I'm alright IF the phone comes from the future or something, but the plot and mechanics shouldn't be focussed on time-shennanigans.

Oh no, not in this game. I doubt this game would have much, if any, time travel nonsense. But for a future game, just to see fossil pokemon alive and well in a region before they became fossils. I think that would be neat and we wouldn't need much explanation for it, we already have Celebi and Dialga in the series so time travel is definitely already a thing that can be explained via magic monster powers so why not use it.

When it comes to time travel, less is more. The less jumping around between time periods, the less confusing the story gets. Stories that involve excessive amounts of time travel tend to be riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies, so it's best to keep it simple.

This. This pretty much hits the nail on the head. At least for plot reasons, we shouldn't be hopping all over throughout time and messing with shit. Time periods should be limited, any changes should be limited, and otherwise if you're just going back to the past to steal a dinosaur... odds are that dinosaur wasn't going to have some drastic impact on the future any more than if you were to travel back in time to catch a squirrel. History's probably not gonna notice a dinosaur missing.

And I know, "butterfly effect" but I hate the extremes that theory is taken to. Stealing some dinosaurs is probably fine.

Last edited:
I do want to catch arcues in diamond pearl but still didn't got the idea of what should we do other than understand the story of arcues. Do we have to study about it in this game? Or this game is about the old sinnoh or what exactly.?

CAN someone provide an explanation about what we will do? Do we have to catch pokemons and get badges or what?

From what we know so far, the main draw will be making the first Pokedex by catching Pokemon and other interactions. From there you explore Hisui and interact with aspects of it, like the noble Pokemon. We surprisingly know very little about how Arceus will fit into all these, except for how there's the mysterious Arc Phone, which is... god knows what that's about.

From what we know so far, the main draw will be making the first Pokedex by catching Pokemon and other interactions. From there you explore Hisui and interact with aspects of it, like the noble Pokemon. We surprisingly know very little about how Arceus will fit into all these, except for how there's the mysterious Arc Phone, which is... god knows what that's about.

Thank you veru much for explanation are answering me or answer my last post which is about do want to catch arcues in diamond pearl but still didn't got the idea of what should we do other than understand the story of arcues. Do we have to study about it in this game? Or this game is about the old sinnoh or what exactly.? CAN someone provide an explanation about what we will do? Do we have to catch pokemons and get badges or what?

If yes then thank you very much for wxplanation and if no, then still thank you for explanation. I got some ideas from what you wrote but still as you said "We surprisingly know very little about how Arceus will fit into all these, except for how there's the mysterious Arc Phone, which is... god knows what that's about".

If you watch all the trailers released so far you’ll have as much of an idea about what the gameplay of Legends will be as anyone else.

As for Arceus in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl that’s dependant on events or hacks (not available at any point in just the base game)

(Edit: typo fix)

Mind that Legends: Arceus is a completely new kind of project from Game Freak, so there's a lot of unknown that we simply don't know of because the information hasn't been revealed yet.

My previous post was the explanation about what we will do in the game, as far as we've seen from promotional materials: it all boils down to exploring the region and filling up the Pokedex by doing various tasks. Hisui is an old name for Sinnoh, back when the land is still yet uncultivated, so there's nothing like badge quest. We don't know how the non-Pokedex plot - if any - will play out at this point because it also hasn't been revealed yet.

Also, no, Arceus isn't legally catchable in BDSP. (Yet? Who knows.)

If you watch all the trailers released so far you’ll have as much of an idea about what the gameplay of Legends will be as anyone else.

As for Arceus in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl that’s dependant on events or hacks (not available at any point in just the base game)

(Edit: typo fix)

This is the problem brother, I did so the videos all togther saw them but it didn't give us any important information about what should we do.

I become think that it maybe nearby to like let's go eevee. But in reality then i think that they didn't give an important information.

About arcues, for sure we can't catch it even it is my dream to catch it in diamond pearl or brilliant diamond shinning pearl

Mind that Legends: Arceus is a completely new kind of project from Game Freak, so there's a lot of unknown that we simply don't know of because the information hasn't been revealed yet.

My previous post was the explanation about what we will do in the game, as far as we've seen from promotional materials: it all boils down to exploring the region and filling up the Pokedex by doing various tasks. Hisui is an old name for Sinnoh, back when the land is still yet uncultivated, so there's nothing like badge quest. We don't know how the non-Pokedex plot - if any - will play out at this point because it also hasn't been revealed yet.

Also, no, Arceus isn't legally catchable in BDSP. (Yet? Who knows.)

Thank you very much for the information. Really my opinion is nearby to be like you so i asked about provising an information of what is this game all about.

Because in the game, there is no answer really.

But if you could time-travel it would technically be in the past

Time-travelling has been referenced in nearly every single Pokemon game. We have two Pokemon literally linked to time travel and time manipulation. Even transferring Pokemon up from previous generations will add on a message to that Pokemon that says something like "travelled across space and time to get here". On top of that, you could literally send Pokemon back to the past in Gen 2 to Gen 1 via the Time Capsule. As far as I'm concerned, since time travel has been an established concept since Gen 2, it's completely and entirely fair game for TPCi and Game Freak to further use the concept in their games.

Now personally I do think the Arc Phone is a little tacky. I don't think we needed a phone, they could've easily skinned it as a journal that allows you to access a map and various other relevant information just like a phone would do, but without it being a phone. Kind of like how the Pokedex is a book, anything to do with the Arc Phone should've been a book as well. So I guess I see what you're saying if you think this example specifically is a fairly weak way to use time travel to explain it, and you'd be right. Unless there's a scene where Dialga literally jumps out of a spacetime portal and this phone falls out of said portal and you or someone from the Survey Corps retrieves it and that's how you obtain it, then fair game, at least you're using an established Pokemon capable of time travel.

I wonder when we'll get the next bit of Arceus news. With BDSP releasing last month, we didn't really see anything new for Arceus, likely to keep the attention on the remakes. But we've now entered a new month, and while I think they still don't want to drag too much attention away from the remakes, I feel like there is going to be something this month since Legends Arceus is right around the corner. I guess that's the main problem with releasing two Pokemon games so close together,

There have been potentially little hints that the next news drop is coming soon. HORI announced their new LA themed gear just yesterday, and earlier this week Niantic announced some Season of Heritage, which might have connections to LA. So TPC is likely wanting to give us the next bit of information soon.

Personally, I think we'll be seeing our next news drop next week or the one after that. Before those precious announcements were made I was leaning a little more towards the week after next, as it would give BDSP a little more spotlight, but after those were made I'm just not sure. Whenever we get it I have a feeling the next bit of news we get will be the last major one, since I think most of January will just be spent promoting it, maybe sneaking smaller reveals into the overview trailers and stuff. I don't think it will be big like a Presents big, I just think it will reveal a little bit more than the last two did, with maybe a tiny hint to the story.

I wonder when we'll get the next bit of Arceus news. With BDSP releasing last month, we didn't really see anything new for Arceus, likely to keep the attention on the remakes. But we've now entered a new month, and while I think they still don't want to drag too much attention away from the remakes, I feel like there is going to be something this month since Legends Arceus is right around the corner. I guess that's the main problem with releasing two Pokemon games so close together,

There have been potentially little hints that the next news drop is coming soon. HORI announced their new LA themed gear just yesterday, and earlier this week Niantic announced some Season of Heritage, which might have connections to LA. So TPC is likely wanting to give us the next bit of information soon.

Personally, I think we'll be seeing our next news drop next week or the one after that. Before those precious announcements were made I was leaning a little more towards the week after next, as it would give BDSP a little more spotlight, but after those were made I'm just not sure. Whenever we get it I have a feeling the next bit of news we get will be the last major one, since I think most of January will just be spent promoting it, maybe sneaking smaller reveals into the overview trailers and stuff. I don't think it will be big like a Presents big, I just think it will reveal a little bit more than the last two did, with maybe a tiny hint to the story.
We're within 2 months of release so we have to start seeing stuff any day now.

Yeah, Season of Heritage is definitely for Legends. They're probably going to finally release Arceus in GO with the event, I imagine.

As for whether they'd try to keep BDSP in the spotlight- I don't think there's much they really could do to promote those? There's no competitive, no raids, really no additional special content- well, there's a few mythical encounters they could properly release but they just took those out of the game with the most recent update, so I would think that it would at least be a bit longer before they'd get added back in. There's also no Home compatibility until next year, so they couldn't really do much of any SwSh/BDSP cross promotion.

Plus with all the hot mess that was the leaks, the unfinished game, and the plethora of bugs... distracting us with a nice shiny Legends update right about now probably wouldn't be such a bad idea.

there's a few mythical encounters they could properly release but they just took those out of the game with the most recent update, so I would think that it would at least be a bit longer before they'd get added back in.
Did they do this to punish players for the void glitch again? I really hope this doesn’t make them revert to straight up handouts.

Did they do this to punish players for the void glitch again? I really hope this doesn’t make them revert to straight up handouts.
if they intend to distribute these pokemon in-game, i figure they'll do it like in platinum, where the locations are in the game but the pokemon won't show unless you have the item

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom