• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Though I've seen some speculation about the ancestors of Adaman and Irida, I think they're just new characters not related to any currently known ones.

I'm more interested in their colour scheme and their necklaces. Why are their clothes so different compared to Dialga and Palkia's and even of the others members of their own clan? I think they might be hinting at some kind of new (Primal) form. Maybe the stones on their necklace will be used to trigger the transformation? It's such a prominent part of their design and the only thing they both share so I don't see the stones being unrelated to the story.

The fact that the super futuristic Arceus Phone is present and clearly looks like the Pokémon that the Hisuian people call "Sinnoh" makes me wonder if some time travel shenanigans really are going on... :unsure:
Personally would be really surprised if this didn't happen.

What with the themes of the original games and the ancestor-aspect seeming to come up quite often, I'm also starting to think there's more than meets the eye here.

Judging from how many Adaman and Irida ancestor guesses I've seen since the reveal and with no clear consensus, I wonder if they're not actually ancestor of anyone and people are just seeing their favorites in them.
Yeah I don't think they're ancestors of anyone that we know of (though I would love to see one of their descendants in a future game. Would be a great reference). We have already seen non-ancestor character with Professor Laventon and Iscan (which I think descendants have been speculated, but I don't think there's much consensus), so they're not really odd.

___

Also while looking at Iscan's artwork for this I noticed that he's apart of the Diamond Clan. So there's at least one Warden for each clan (EDIT: Also just realized Arezu has the Diamond Clan gear too lol).

Last edited:
Also while looking at Iscan's artwork for this I noticed that he's apart of the Diamond Clan. So there's at least one Warden for each clan.
Arezu and Mai are also Diamond Clan members. Lian's the only Pearl Clan warden we've met so far.

My first reaction to "Sinnoh" being mentioned was that Sinnoh was the original name for Arceus, but I do think that it could be some sort of venerated colonizer of Hisui (like a Captain Sinnoh who "discovered" Hisui, who was gradually turned into a Saint).

However, I personally believe that Sinnoh is the name of the emperor of the Hisui region during the game's time. The game takes place in the Meiji era, and in Japan at the time Meiji (like other emperors of Japan) was worshipped as a god and descendant of the sun goddess Ameratsu. Now that's not the case, but during the time of the game, it was. The residents worship (among other deities, just like in Shinto) Sinnoh, their emperor.

Edit:
Aaaaaaand I just read some of the thread. It was a long shot anyways but it looks like I was wrong.
That girl Irida definetly looks a lot like Serena, but for some reason I thought May at first. I tend to think that May and Serena look similar, so that's probably just me.
I think it's likely that Sinnoh is Dialga/Palkia considering they clearly worship them both, and we know from future Sinnoh that there's some mix-up with them, considering the hybrid statue in Eterna.

And Irida does resemble May a lot. Similar face and she's got similar bangs, but more notably the short hair in the back, the band on the head, the bulky item around the waist, the white shorts, and the pink color scheme is close to May's red. I wouldn't argue that it couldn't be both, but aside from hair color, I'm not sure where people are seeing that she looks more like Serena.

Going to also add that aside from the multi-colored hair, what makes me think Adaman and Nessa might be connected is the eyes. He has a similar unsettlingly blank look to his eyes as she does, but also this-
xsIBtGV.png

MAW6Co8.png

Admittedly they don't have as much in common as Irida and May, but it is there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they have type specialty per se, but Adaman has Leafeon and Irida has Glaceon. I guess something that'd match the dragons would've been nice to have too (and they may later turn out to have a team instead of just one Pokemon), but the decision sorta makes sense since they're the two eeveelutions introduced in Gen4, and dammit, what's Pokemon without some Eevee bias promotion.

I wouldn't argue that it couldn't be both, but aside from hair color, I'm not sure where people are seeing that she looks more like Serena.
250px-Serena_catches_a_Pok%C3%A9mon.png

And before anyone says "but that's the anime and surely the games won't have characters that take after the anime" - yes, I know that. I found this particular design of Serena to be similar to Irida.

The eyes, the hair, and the clothing color scheme are kinda similar.

250px-Serena_catches_a_Pok%C3%A9mon.png

And before anyone says "but that's the anime and surely the games won't have characters that take after the anime" - yes, I know that. I found this particular design of Serena to be similar to Irida.

The eyes, the hair, and the clothing color scheme are kinda similar.
That design is certainly closer than any of Serena's game artwork. It is a bit difficult to consider it when it's specifically for the anime, though.

The more I look at May and Serena, though, the more I think that they were actually meant to be connected from the start. Consider that they've got the same eyes, the same eye color, similar color hair, hair that curls inward except for a small outward curl on either side of their face, a red/pink and black color scheme... I'll bet the truth is, they were always related, and so if Irida is connected to either of them, then it'd have to be both.

Damn what popularity will look like, I like Adaman more than Irida. I think Adaman's color palette is more pleasing to the eye, and Irida's design feels jarringly modern compared to everyone else revealed so far. The only reason I can tolerate Irida's design is because I already had headcanon that Palkia likes cute pop idols (yes, I'm aware of how little sense this make without context).

I also like Leafeon more than Glaceon, which helps making me like Adaman more.

Yeah, for me, personally, Adaman is a lot more interesting looking from a design perspective. She's not badly designed or anything, but Irida seems very similar in presentation to other past characters in the franchise for whatever reason. :unsure: Maybe it's the midriff and Phoebe?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom