• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I wonder if you can dismount a flying-type pokemon and QuickSwap™ to a water-type pokemon in the water
It's hard to say how quickly we'll be able to swap between two travel Pokemon, but it does look like mounting them will be pretty fast. In the trailer released yesterday in the scene where the player is riding on Wyrdeer in those ruins we actually can them swap to it. Wyrdeer appears as the sound of the flute plays and right away the player is running with it. So, it's entirely possible that we'll be able to quickly switch from flying to swimming. Or it will at least be faster than it is in current games.

Real quick -- is Khu gonna be an issue for when we start Gen 9 discussions? I hope we get a better leaker or something
Yeah ugh I was really looking forward to him fading away. Between that and the fact that I don’t want gen 9 this year to begin with, I really hope april comes and goes without anything significant

Oh.
That'd kinda suck, I'd rather have a complete game rather than addons.
But I guess I'd still get the DLC if I love the game.
You're right heh
I mean, hypothetically, we could always see a Shinjoh expansion.

By itself, it probably wouldn't work as a stand alone game, but would work as a DLC.

SWSH had that too. People were freaking out...Then the expansion was announced a year later.

I would just say it's an indication of possible paid DLC and nothing more.

The article @takoyaki linked said that the ESRB indicates "in app purchases" if there's NSO support. It might not even be DLC. I do think Legends Arceus will get DLC, it's a large scale Game Freak project launching at a weird time and having DLC in the second half of the year could give it a sales bump during the holiday season, but this isn't necessarily proof that it's happening.

The article @takoyaki linked said that the ESRB indicates "in app purchases" if there's NSO support. It might not even be DLC. I do think Legends Arceus will get DLC, it's a large scale Game Freak project launching at a weird time and having DLC in the second half of the year could give it a sales bump during the holiday season, but this isn't necessarily proof that it's happening.
It hasn't really been confirmed that there's no connection to NSO. Especially since there has to be a connection with HOME at the very least.

Also, people don't want Gen 9 now. So having a hypothetical DLC expantion set for the the holiday season will give Gen 9 extra time in the oven and have the aforementioned added sales boost due to it coming out at an awkward time of the year. Nintendo and TPC love their holiday sales boosts.

Like I said, Shinjoh is prime real-estate for a DLC if it's not already in the base game. It's not like DLC is impossible. It's just a matter of if they'll really do it or not.

It hasn't really been confirmed that there's no connection to NSO. Especially since there has to be a connection with HOME at the very least.
If I recall correctly its actually confirmed that there is NSO connection, I seem to recall something about the website for the game confirming the ability to trade with other players. And i don't see the game letting you do that without NSO unless its local, just how things work now.

You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit here. Do you think there's going to be NSO or not?

Also, people don't want Gen 9 now. So having a hypothetical DLC expantion set for the the holiday season will give Gen 9 extra time in the oven and have the aforementioned added sales boost due to it coming out at an awkward time of the year. Nintendo and TPC love their holiday sales boosts.

Like I said, Shinjoh is prime real-estate for a DLC if it's not already in the base game. It's not like DLC is impossible. It's just a matter of if they'll really do it or not.

And again, I'm agreeing with you on that much. I just don't think this is concrete evidence that that's what they're doing.

If I recall correctly its actually confirmed that there is NSO connection, I seem to recall something about the website for the game confirming the ability to trade with other players. And i don't see the game letting you do that without NSO unless its local, just how things work now.
Yeah, true. I don't know where this "no NSO" thing came from (other than angry youtubers and fake leaks.) since knowing thar trading still exists has been thing that's been confirmed for a while.

I mean like @Oriden said, "in app purchases" could also probably have to do with the fail safe of trying to trade without NSO.

You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit here. Do you think there's going to be NSO or not?
How am i contradicting myself? I never said there wasn't going to be NSO. Most games now have NSO unless they're running off third party servers or streamed. It's just a standard thing now. Not to mention it's been confirmed for a while with the existence of the trading hut.

I was only responding to the "if there is NSO" comment.

And again, I'm agreeing with you on that much. I just don't think this is concrete evidence that that's what they're doing.
It may or may not be. But SWSH had it too as well as other games that later had paid DLC. It's probably just thr ESRB's way or covering all their bases.

XD I dunno, I'm ready for Gen 9.

And with now understanding how the "not open world" supposedly works- I can even see how Gen 9 next year might even be likely.

So why isn't Nintendo stepping in and offering them more help? They've been through all of this before, they know the challenges of developing on an HD console, so why aren't their studios pitching in and teaching Game Freak's artists and designers 3D design? Why is Nintendo not putting more developers on the Pokemon games to help get them right? Even BotW was not developed solely by Nintendo's in-house studios, they also had assistance from MonolithSoft and IIRC Retro Studios. Nintendo is very protective of its IPs' reputation, they can't be happy about the state of Pokemon right now, so why are they just sitting back and leaving Game Freak to their own devices? This sounds like exactly the kind of situation where Nintendo should intervene and help make these games better.

IIRC, GF moved to Nintendo building last year. That might imply Nintendo wants to be more involved with Pokémon games from there on.

I still see Gen 9 being this year and then a four-year gap between 9 and 10 for the big 10th Gen being part of the huge 30th anniversary year (if my math adds up). Choosing to give more time to 10 than to 9.
Hope Gamefreak dont mess the timing up, Imagine: Gen 10, 30th Anniversary, Has Pokemon number 1000 in it. (Probably randomly in the middle of the pokedex or something)

Hope Gamefreak dont mess the timing up, Imagine: Gen 10, 30th Anniversary, Has Pokemon number 1000 in it. (Probably randomly in the middle of the pokedex or something)

I can see them ending Gen 9 with #999 and starting Gen 10 with a Mythical à la Victini, making it #1000.

I still see Gen 9 being this year and then a four-year gap between 9 and 10 for the big 10th Gen being part of the huge 30th anniversary year (if my math adds up). Choosing to give more time to 10 than to 9.
That's what I've been hoping they would do for a few years. It'd also probably be better to give Gen 10 an extra year seeing as it's quite possible that those games will be on whatever Nintendo hardware is coming next. By the time 2026 is coming around Nintendo Switch will be 9 years old, so I'm pretty sure by that point they'll at the very least have an upgraded Switch.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom