• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Last edited:
I seriously want to know what version of gamecube games people who make that comment have played. Because clearly its not the same ones i did if they looked like this. (But hey, at least its closer than the N64 comparisons i saw with SWSH)

Last edited:
Kinda baffled they've decided to nitpick that specific video because I didn't cringe at all during that one. And the trailers lately have had a good share of cringey scenes.

As bad as the other trailers have been, though, I don't get why people act like great or even good graphics are remotely a staple of the Switch, when stunning 3D games on it are hella rare. Where's the articles pointing out how much Monster Hunter Stories 2 looks like crap? Because I gotta say, having played the demo, it was not a masterpiece either.

Kinda baffled they've decided to nitpick that specific video because I didn't cringe at all during that one. And the trailers lately have had a good share of cringey scenes.

As bad as the other trailers have been, though, I don't get why people act like great or even good graphics are remotely a staple of the Switch, when stunning 3D games on it are hella rare. Where's the articles pointing out how much Monster Hunter Stories 2 looks like crap? Because I gotta say, having played the demo, it was not a masterpiece either.
I think this where we bring in the style of the games and artistic choices. The textures and quality in Pokémon CAN be better than what they currently are.

Yes, I find it very unlikely that you'll need to trade to complete the game. Most likely it will just be encouraged because of some pokemon being rarer/harder, but not impossible, to find.
We see Rowlett oshawott and cyndaquil are a part of the dex. If I had to guess the ones we don't chose need to be traded for. You can probably beat the game without them but you aren't going to randomly find the other two in Hisui.

We see Rowlett oshawott and cyndaquil are a part of the dex. If I had to guess the ones we don't chose need to be traded for. You can probably beat the game without them but you aren't going to randomly find the other two in Hisui.
Considering breeding is not in the game, I don't think GF decided to force people to trade their starter. The most likely scenario is that the other starters will be given to you in the post game as a reward or as special gift.

Considering breeding is not in the game, I don't think GF decided to force people to trade their starter. The most likely scenario is that the other starters will be given to you in the post game as a reward or as special gift.
Maybe. I was thinking that for the other starters of the trio you picked from (if you picked Cyndaquil you'd get totdile and chikorita) I still doubt they'd give you all three.

BTW something I noticed, Cyndaquils Dex entry was unfinished, even though you only get one. So maybe you can complete a dex entry with just one pokemon? Might want to delay evolving them then.

Maybe. I was thinking that for the other starters of the trio you picked from (if you picked Cyndaquil you'd get totdile and chikorita) I still doubt they'd give you all three.

BTW something I noticed, Cyndaquils Dex entry was unfinished, even though you only get one. So maybe you can complete a dex entry with just one pokemon? Might want to delay evolving them then.
Cyndaquil's dex entry does list items it carries under the preferred foods section, which should be items we get from catching wild ones. Shinx's entry does the same too

I imagine Rowlet/Cyndaquil/Oshawott would actually be native to Hisui then, just our starters would be the imported ones

Perhaps originally imported from other regions but some escaped/were released within the last few years and create a small breeding population.

Personally, you probably just get the starters you don't pick at the end of the game, there's some kind of Yellow-like thing where talking with an NPC gives you the pokemon you didn't pick, or it could just be as simple as the NPCs can give you eggs regardless of you being able to breed your pokemon or not. Like for example, maybe Akari/Rei just gives you their starter/'s egg and someone else gives you the other one.

As far as why they're all three in the dex, Laventon probably just started writing things down for you since he knows those pokemon because he's the one that brought them there.

Last edited:
I think Akari/Rei will get one of the other two starters, and then Professor Laventon will keep the third one to research himself.

Personally, you probably just get the starters you don't pick at the end of the game, there's some kind of Yellow-like thing where talking with an NPC gives you the pokemon you didn't pick, or it could just be as simple as the NPCs can give you eggs regardless of you being able to breed your pokemon or not. Like for example, maybe Akari/Rei just gives you their starter/'s egg and someone else gives you the other one.

As far as why they're all three in the dex, Laventon probably just started writing things down for you since he knows those pokemon because he's the one that brought them there.
I think Akari/Rei will get one of the other two starters, and then Professor Laventon will keep the third one to research himself.

Those wouldn't match up with the "items carried" sections though, which suggests that we'll be able to find all 3 in the wild somewhere.

We already know we get items from catching wild Pokemon specifically. One of the recent Japanese trailers showcased the player being rewarded with an Oran Berry not long after catching a Bidoof, and the recent 13 minute video showed the player getting a Ball of Mud not long after catching Psyduck

The new legendary, Ceilingmon, looks great, tho I swore it was introduced in an earlier generation.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom