• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow coming to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console: To be released February 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which brings up an interesting question: will it contain current-day data (Physical/Special split, for example) or will it be right back to how it was 20 years ago? Hopefully it'll have at least some current-day data, but that's probably wishful thinking, as they most likely want those who have played those games to relive those days while simultaneously show later introduced fans what the old days were like. Kind of a double-edged sword there, if you ask me. Well, at least you can still use wireless to trade and battle, so that's useful.
They mentioned they wanted to keep it as faithful to the originals as possible, only replacing communication via link cable with local wireless. It's going to be classic Gen I mechanics.

...the Super Game Boy frames...
The SGB didn't just add the frames around the GB screen, it also had color palette swapping, so when played on the SNES instead of the actual GB battles were virtually full color for the time.

I'm absolutely sure we can battle. Battling is just as important as trading. Both battling and trading are surely included together in the wireless compatibility.

On the general discussion, my basic reaction was...OH MY GOD YES.

Would I have preferred Z? Yeah. Would I prefer Kanto remakes instead? Probably. Am I still happy? FUCK YEAH.

This is honestly a great way to celebrate the 20th anniversary. I love it. I plan on getting at least 1, if not all 3. Especially if there's a download bundle deal, I'll get all three. I'm really looking forward to this.

Some Gen I mechanics, move sets, and other old problems that have aged horribly will be a bit annoying at times, but hey! It'll still be fun! Leaning towards getting Blue version personally. I already know a few people in my dorm that are gonna get these, so I will have some friends to play these with. I'm really psyched for that, especially. Having a couple friends or so that play with you is great to have. I can't wait to download these at midnight going into Feb 27! I've even got a couple team ideas in my head already haha. Definitely starting with Squirtle. And probably gonna be getting a Ninetails, Dodrio, Pikachu, and maybe Nidoking, too! Just a couple early ideas XD

Overall, this is good news to me. I thought the Nintendo Direct overall was absolutely fantastic! Loved it!
Never mind my previous statement. I had rewatched the announcement of them and heard them mention that you can battle and trade. I'm not sure how, but the first time I watched Nintendo Direct, my hearing completely missed the part where they mentioned battling, and only heard the mention of trading.

This is a cool way to celebrate the series' anniversary, but I'm not gonna buy them. Gen I holds no nostalgic to me and I don't fell like playing a watered down pokemon game with outdated mechanics.

They mentioned they wanted to keep it as faithful to the originals as possible, only replacing communication via link cable with local wireless. It's going to be classic Gen I mechanics.
Hopefully they update the IV/EV mechanics and personality values, even if they keep it hidden. I'm sure everyone will want to have their Kanto teams in Kalos.

Hopefully they update the IV/EV mechanics and personality values, even if they keep it hidden. I'm sure everyone will want to have their Kanto teams in Kalos.
Won't happen. This is a VC release, not a remake. There will be only minor changes if any. It's theoretically possible they'll make some way to one-way convert them to the modern format and put them in Bank, but I wouldn't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom