• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outdated =/= Inferior. It simply means it is old and not up-to-date, both of which are the sad truth.

By that logic everything in 4th gen is outdated. And everything in 5th gen will be outdated when XY come out. But slightly inferior to current gen standards is not outdated enough to warrant a remake.

By that logic, Hoenn is outdated more than any other region and seriously needs a remake more than any other region.

By that logic, BOTH Hoenn and Kanto are oudated more than any other region and both seriosuly need a remake more than any other region.

That is exactly the point. RSE had a lot of good music, but you can't deny the fact that when you compare them to the more recent pokemon games, they are indeed outdated. They need upgrades.

Compare the original Hoenn Champion battle music (Gen3) - Pokemon RSE Champion Battle Music - YouTube
to the recent PWT Hoenn Champion battle music (Gen5) - Pokemon Black & White 2 OST Hoenn Champion Battle - YouTube

They're both great and all, but obviously the latter sounds more cleaner, if anything. And if we can detect the difference in sound quality by the soundtracks on youtube, just imagine how outdated the sounds will be if we actually compare them by using the actual handhelds - the GBA and the DS. RSE could really use some upgrades.
Exactly, the PWT version have a much better sound quality, thanks to the advanced Nintendo DS sound chip (and the 3DS one is even better!). I actually think the original Gen III Hoenn Champion theme sounds a lot better than the PWT version, though, but that is because I heavily dislike all the techno/fast tempo PWT remixes.

By that logic, BOTH Hoenn and Kanto are oudated more than any other region and both seriosuly need a remake more than any other region.

That is true, but unlike Hoenn, Kanto have already gotten a remake. That being said, I am not opposed to the idea of having remakes of both Hoenn and Kanto in Gen VI :p

I hope they add Pokémon from other generations in the possible RS remake. In particular, diversify the water routes a bit with non-Water-type Pokémon.

If there is a RSE remake in this generation, will there be also a Fire Red/Green Leaf remake?

I put my hopes in some kind of "remake" that joins the first three generations. I know, it's a monstrosity, and most probably they will remake both games separately because that's the most profitable and easy thing to do.

At least I hope they do like in Soul Silver and Hearth Gold, and let you have your first Pokemon outside. It was a very nice touch that I miss in the rest of the games.

I put my hopes in some kind of "remake" that joins the first three generations. I know, it's a monstrosity, and most probably they will remake both games separately because that's the most profitable and easy thing to do.

That wouldn't be a remake anymore, but an original game altogether... Which is something I would like. I'm more of the idea of new games featuring old regions (a la B2W2 and GSCHGSS) than plain remakes a million times.

Kanto doesn't another remake and Hoenn sure as hell doesn't need sequels, especially if shitmons from gen 5 and 6 are catchable in it.

The only thing that would make me want to replay Hoenn is if it was combined with another region for a total of 16 gym badges and incorporated pokemon from all generations.

Even if it was in 3D.

I liked the games at the time, but so many of my favorite pokemon aren't in gens 1-3, and I've already played the RSE storyline. Popping on better graphics won't make it interesting for me.

That being said, I love HGSS the most. Mostly due to the safari zone, walking pokemon, and the sweet lower screen selection. I found it to be a very immersive game, even with the wacky level distribution.

GSCHGSS Kanto is a broken shell of what it truly is.

True, but we've still seen what most of the original Kanto looks like in a more Modern style, so it's done its job for now, we can afford to wait a bit longer for another Kanto game.

The only thing that would make me want to replay Hoenn is if it was combined with another region for a total of 16 gym badges and incorporated pokemon from all generations.

No, never again. GSCHGSS proved that this system does more harm than good.

Even if it was in 3D.

I liked the games at the time, but so many of my favorite pokemon aren't in gens 1-3, and I've already played the RSE storyline. Popping on better graphics won't make it interesting for me.

That being said, I love HGSS the most. Mostly due to the safari zone, walking pokemon, and the sweet lower screen selection. I found it to be a very immersive game, even with the wacky level distribution.

So many of my pokemon are Hoenn-natives, and the weather crisis would be executed better with upgraded graphics. Hoenn needs to make a comeback.

Anyways, the region that wasn't featured on the DS needs the most attention - and obviously that's Hoenn. Kanto can wait a few more years since HGSS did enough justice. Give the Gen3 - no, HOENN fans what they want and need.

By that logic, Hoenn is outdated more than any other region and seriously needs a remake more than any other region.

Yes, but by that logic, HGSS and DPPt are also deserving of a remake by this point.

Kanto appeared in HGSS, though.

You missed my point, I was stating that that alone is not enough to guarantee or justify a remake. Also, you just said that by that logic Kanto (albeit in HGSS) also reserves a remake, so mroe or less, we're on the same train here :)

That only proved that things don't always result perfect on first try. It was a good idea poorly executed, so I think it deserves a second chance. If it fails again, then I'l admit it doesn't work. But until then, I still root for the return of a longer game with two regions.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? You didn't like the 16 badges? Then all that proves is you didn't like them. If there are polls saying the majority of players didn't like it either, then it would have done more harm then good for GameFreak/Nintendo.
However, I hear more players wanting more content then less. So I imagine it would do more good then harm to continue lengthening story lines of games.

Although, my post was just talking about my personal preference. I don't think anyone should feel obligated to like one number over another.

That would be really cool if they did remakes of R/S/E. I never really got to play them because it is so hard to find a legitimate copy these days. Imagine it being in 3D! It would be great! The revamped music would probably sound really good even though it already has an awesome soundtrack.

Being that my Emerald died a couple of months ago (I didn't even get a chance to migrate my mons, sadface), I'd happily welcome a Ruby and Sapphire remake very quickly. And with X and Y graphics and sound? No question!

Being that my Emerald died a couple of months ago (I didn't even get a chance to migrate my mons, sadface), I'd happily welcome a Ruby and Sapphire remake very quickly. And with X and Y graphics and sound? No question!

I think this is the biggest reason Gen III needs a remake. Not because of the graphics or sound or lack of later Pokemon, but because a lot of the originals are becoming unplayable for various reasons. The internal battery ran dead on mine years ago, which keeps a lot of features from working properly, people may lose their cartridge after over 10 years, it can break, etc. I've seen a lot of people resorting to using an emulator, so if people are still willing to play, I would think Game Freak would at least use that as a chance to sell more games.

What are you talking about? You didn't like the 16 badges? Then all that proves is you didn't like them. If there are polls saying the majority of players didn't like it either, then it would have done more harm then good for GameFreak/Nintendo.
However, I hear more players wanting more content then less. So I imagine it would do more good then harm to continue lengthening story lines of games.

Although, my post was just talking about my personal preference. I don't think anyone should feel obligated to like one number over another.

He means that by having 16 badges, the level distribution across the entire game for both wilds and trainers became atrocious. RGBFRLG and BWB2W2 got the level distribution near perfect. RSE's distribution was okay. Could've been worse, but still needed improvement. That's something remakes could fix, although I doubt they will because it wasn't fixed in HGSS.

The fact that we're 25 Pokemon into Gen VI and the only new evolution or pre-evolution is an Eevee does not bode well for remakes of any generation.

He means that by having 16 badges, the level distribution across the entire game for both wilds and trainers became atrocious. RGBFRLG and BWB2W2 got the level distribution near perfect. RSE's distribution was okay. Could've been worse, but still needed improvement. That's something remakes could fix, although I doubt they will because it wasn't fixed in HGSS.
level distribution?

The distribution of levels amongst Pokemon throughout the world. The closer you are to the Pokemon League, the higher the levels for wild and owned Pokemon should be. GSCHGSS got this horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom