• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

If they aren't going to remake FireRed/LeafGreen, they may include Kanto in the PassionRuby/HonestSapphire so that when people question why there's no remake of FRLG, they'll have the answer (though, this means in the DPRemakes in Gen6, Johto would be reincluded on that same logic). If not Kanto, at least the Sevii Islands themselves, since they were missing in HGSS.

They'll have to add some sort of area (or way) to have Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon in Hoenn, if HeartGold/SoulSilver is anything to go on.

they may include Kanto in the PassionRuby/HonestSapphire so that when people question why there's no remake of FRLG.
We already got Kanto in HGSS, as well as every generation since G1. It's time they gave Kanto a break.

(though, this means in the DPRemakes in Gen6, Johto would be reincluded on that same logic)
I highly doubt that D/P will be remade within the next 10 years, considering that the actual games themselves are playable with not problems.

The most we'll see (And the most we should see) is the expansion of the ocean with some islands that we can explore. The thing's huge yet looking back there wasn't much to do in it.

If they aren't going to remake FireRed/LeafGreen, they may include Kanto in the PassionRuby/HonestSapphire so that when people question why there's no remake of FRLG, they'll have the answer (though, this means in the DPRemakes in Gen6, Johto would be reincluded on that same logic). If not Kanto, at least the Sevii Islands themselves, since they were missing in HGSS.

They'll have to add some sort of area (or way) to have Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon in Hoenn, if HeartGold/SoulSilver is anything to go on.

Doubt they're ever going to remake FR or LF or HG and SS. At least if they do it'll be Years from now on an entirely new device and by that point they'll hopefull be able to put numerous games on one cartridge. But FrLg are remakes themselves. There's no point to keep remaking a remake over and over. That's just going to lead to stagnation. The original Johto games had Kanto so of course the remakes would as well. Thats no reason for every other set of remakes to have a 2nd region. I think that the Hoenn remakes will be the last ones we'll see and starting in Gen 6 we'll see a new region + a new game in the old regions. Like a game set in Kanto, but taking place maybe 6 years after FrLg.

I think that Nintendo will remake R/S at least, and hopefully FR/LG (Or maybe an entirely new take on Red/Green?) because it sells. I've already planned my teams and movesets for each potential remake!

What do you guys think about these fake scans?

20110830183955.jpg

20110830183926.jpg

Straight text slanted page, sure its real!
That PC is the best looking fan made PC ever and I'm damn mad they never used such a design

It looks very nice, except Ruby/Brendan looking like the Harlequins from B/W.

Kudos to the person who made it remembering walking pokemon.

That is a pretty nice scan... I hope that we can have the walking Pokémon feature back.

I think that Nintendo will remake R/S at least, and hopefully FR/LG (Or maybe an entirely new take on Red/Green?) because it sells. I've already planned my teams and movesets for each potential remake!

Haha, nice. I've got teams planned out for Grey version, Black version when I get it in a few weeks and a few of the older versions that I need to buy again. Probably wouldn't hurt to make a team for the RSE remakes.

Those are some nice fake scans lol

They wouldnt add a whole new region to R/S remakes, they'd just make Hoenn look updated and add features present in newer games, thats what remakes are about. Adding another region makes zero sense.
100% true

I just hope that team Magma and Aqua are given better storylines. Its a same what HGSS did with Team Rocket.

I think we have some of the first possible evidence here:

caseno.jpg

*Pokemon Time merchandise featuring Hoenn Pokemon. Seems like a random choice...

caseno.jpg

*Pokemon Time merchandise featuring Hoenn Pokemon. Seems like a random choice...

Looks pretty legit. I really want that train now! The only things that's bugging me is that I swear I've seen that image at the top-left somewhere before... Maybe I'm just imagining things...

Can anyone read this?

Looks pretty legit. I really want that train now! The only things that's bugging me is that I swear I've seen that image at the top-left somewhere before... Maybe I'm just imagining things...
Probably because the image is done by an artist who has drawn many merchandise-related group pictures before, so it looks similar by style.

I have to admit I thought of possible remakes too when I saw that promotion picture. Last year's Pokémon Time featured Gen I&II Pokémon. You can read about the line more here: - Pok

Hmm...I doubt it. After all, they'd save all the merchandise for when a game is due out. There's only just over a month before the Pokémon Time merchandise is due out, with no game announcement.

caseno.jpg

This looks legit, but I have to admit that there's a slim chance that the possible R/S remakes will be announced soon.

Anyway, back on topic. Which Sinnoh and Unova Pokémon do you think the Hoenn Gym Leaders and Elite Four will have(in a rematch)? I think these Pokémon suit them:

Roxanne: Probopass, Gigalith
Brawly: Throh, Sawk
Wattson: Magnezone, Zebstrika, Galvantula
Flannery: Heatmor?
Norman: Ambipom, Stoutland, Bouffalant
Winona: Togekiss, Swanna, Mandibuzz
Liza and Tate: Gardevoir and Gallade, Reuniclus and Gothitelle
Wallace: Lumineon, Swanna, Jellicent, Alomomola

Sydney: Scrafty
Phoebe: Dusknoir, Mismagius, Chandelure
Glacia: Glaceon, Froslass
Drake: Garchomp, Haxorus, Druddigon, Hydreigon
Steven: Excadrill

Probably because the image is done by an artist who has drawn many merchandise-related group pictures before, so it looks similar by style.

I have to admit I thought of possible remakes too when I saw that promotion picture. Last year's Pokémon Time featured Gen I&II Pokémon. You can read about the line more here: - Pok

That'd explain why the picture looks so familiar! :D The art on that site is super cute, too. I really hope this means that remakes will be announced soon. Somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom