• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon's moves that made you go...

Zhwoobatte

NO MORE PANCAKES
Reaction score
110.jpg

(sorry if there's already a thread for this, if there is, please move it there.) This is a place for pokemon's moves that dont make sense. For example; Why does Toxicroak/Croagunk learn Hyper Fang? IT'S A FROG.

Diglett and Slash/Aerial Ace/Scratch/Shadow Claw/Night Slash, nuff said

In a Pokemon Stadium cart, I found a kangashkan that knew fly and sky attack. WTF?!?!?!?

And another time....is mew learning fly. How do you ride mew like a bird flying you to another town?

Snorlax and Self-Destruct. Guts everywhere! Also, Rhydon/Rhyperior with Surf...how can they stay afloat?!

I believe Gastly used to be able to learn the elemental punches a few generations ago.
It doesn't really make sense until it evolves.

Dusknoir being able to learn Mega Kick by getting a Dusclops from Gen III knowing Mega Kick and then evolving it in Gen IV/V.

Also Wooper being able to learn Ice Punch even though it has no arms or hands.

Diglett using Sucker Punch.

There's a reasonable answer for that, actually. Sucker Punch's Japanese name translates to "surprise attack". So the name "Sucker Punch" refers more to a metaphorical sucker punch than a literal punch.

On that note, Diglett using Scratch/Fury Swipes/Slash/Shadow Claw/Aerial Ace. I know there's supposed to be feet or something underground, but how can it use them if you never see them?

Typhlosion's Rollout.
It's slender, so it probably rolls on its back.
Diglett and Slash/Scratch/Shadow Claw/Night Slash, nuff said
It's a mole, which have claws.
And another time....is mew learning fly. How do you ride mew like a bird flying you to another town?
How about a Pidgey? Mew can do anything, period.
Diglet and Hone Claws. Does it have claws on it's feet?
It's a mole, which have claws.
On that note, Diglett using Scratch/Fury Swipes/Slash/Shadow Claw. I know there's supposed to be feet or something underground, but how can it use them if you never see them?
Diglett's pretty fast, maybe it's just really fast and hides its claws under its fur? Obviously it doesn't just make earth magically disappear before it. That would be crazy.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom