• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon's moves that made you go...

Smeargle using sketch so it can learn fly. How will it fly if it has no wings?

That reminds me of the times I used Sudowoodo in Stadium 2 to Mimic the move Fly... It was rather awkward.

Oh and I have an egg move Sudowoodo with Selfdestruct. And I was like, how can a tree selfdestruct? o_O

It appears that the majority of round-shaped Pokemon are able to learn Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Bonsly is round-shaped, hence why Sudowoodo can learn it as an egg move.

Any pokemon that doesn't fly that learns ariel ace imo is kind of weird.

Aerial Ace's Japanes name is Turning Swallow Cut, a well known Japanese sword technique, which is why so many ground-based Pokemon can learn it.

I'm confused as to why they gave Cryogonal attract, and even more bizarrely why this lets it infatuate other genderless Pokemon. Perhaps it makes the opponent develop a paraphilia?

Infernape can learn Earthquake.

Explain to me how a little monkey can knock another 'mon off its feet by setting off an EQ. And on that note, how does he even do that?

Infernape can learn Earthquake.

Explain to me how a little monkey can knock another 'mon off its feet by setting off an EQ. And on that note, how does he even do that?

How can Chansey do that?

Oh, and Kanghaskan can learn BubbleBeam.

Golurk+Fly=wut?

Lapras+Horn Drill=WUT?

I know Lapras has a horn but that thing cant spin.

Golurk learning fly is the only thing that comes to mind. Usually I understand weird moves from the Japanese name (Splash on Buneary, Aerial Ace on Heracross, etc.), but Golurk flying really just makes no sense. Can someone explain this to me or is this just as confusing to everyone else?

Golurk learning fly is the only thing that comes to mind. Usually I understand weird moves from the Japanese name (Splash on Buneary, Aerial Ace on Heracross, etc.), but Golurk flying really just makes no sense. Can someone explain this to me or is this just as confusing to everyone else?

It's basically Pokémon's Iron Giant, that's why it can learn Fly

Umbreon learning bite.

I never seen its mouth open.

Ever.
Then you have never watched the anime. Also Lapras horn may not be able to spin but Larpas can while underwater which would cause the horn to act like a drill. Same for Dragonite and Dewgong IDK how Rapidash did it.

Then you have never watched the anime. Also Lapras horn may not be able to spin but Larpas can while underwater which would cause the horn to act like a drill. Same for Dragonite and Dewgong IDK how Rapidash did it.

Probably the same way Juan's Seaking did

Golurk's pokedex entry states it has the ability to fly.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom