• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Yeah, have to agree with you there, it's toned down quite a bit no matter how you look at it. It was one of the more recent DP I saw I believe, apparently the rival trainer is somewhat abusive to his pokemon, they have some personality again, you get the idea. I'm trying to hold my opinions until I see more.
Yeah, see the ones I watched from Advanced had all the starters come back and battle, it was horrible, everything in those episodes was lousy, hence why I'm focused more on them making a good story from now on. I think they are better off not appearing unless it's certain they won't be nostalgia-fodder.
(I shall coin the term nostalgia-fodder for any show that attempts to use purely the old nostalgia of the series for the sake of making episodes!)
Can't say I've seen a good story yet, but what I did watch was better than what I saw in Advanced.
Those were dark days indeed.
I've also watched some movies from that era, the movies still seem to have darker/richer themes to a point.
I will caution you: still not the animy goodness of the orginal series but it's at least on par with Johto so far, hope I see enough of it to bring it out of the rut I see it as now.

Well, I'll try to watch at least 5 episodes from DP, I'd rather not have a judgement with only episode, but if it's better that...what I saw in Adv, it should be already fine. Oh, and they have their personnalities back ? That is the greatest new of the day. Watching Satoshi being blank and uninteresting was certainly the worse part >_<

Lol about his new eyes BTW, can't believe you guys think it's making him look older. He looks younger to me >_<

Oh and for his reaction to this...

Come on, we all know he'd react this way.

I know what you mean, in a way the current Pokemon feels like a completely different show than the original seasons. I wouldn't want Misty to be 'toned down' to fit in with the rest of the characters either. Despite all this, I refuse to believe the writers have ever TRULY forgotten about Misty and Ash's other friends. AG, DP, and BW are just attempts to keep the show fresh and interesting by introducing new characters and places. When the show ends for real I'm sure that the writers will do their best to give good endings to their original main characters. And if not, then we can start complaining for real xD

OMG I'm happy I'm not the only one who sees things like that XDDD

picture.php

The first "Screenshot" with the blushing is a fake to the original one where Ash and Misty only were starring at Seaper. That's the original one:
Pok%C3%A9mon+1.8+Tentacha+und+Tentoxa+041+AaMl+Ash+Misty.JPG

I really hated the fact that his eye color changed,I still like the black eye-color thing,

You say it. He has DARK brown eyes, not shiny LIGHT ones... OTL

Last edited:
I have to disagree with some of the things you have been talking about. But in my opinion, DP series have been awesome and I've enjoyed a lot while watching. There have been such a great characters (except Dawn and her annoying Piplup), nice story plots etc. DP is almost as great as the original Indigo and Orange Islands series. I got very disappointed with the Advanced because nearly all episodes followed the same plot and there was nothing that interesting and cool but luckily Battle Frontier and Diamond & Pearl changed it all. BW looks very interesting, too so I'm going to start watch the first episode when it airs in Japan. It's been also said that BW is a "fresh new start" in Pokémon, so it could be described as "new Kanto"

But I still wanted to see Misty in DP, now it won't happen, as there are only two episodes left. But I could imagine Ash isn't going to Isshu right away after he stayed at home for few minutes. So it can be possible if Misty appears and says a very sweet farewell to him, because Isshu is located far away from Kanto.

I'm still very optimistic about Pokeshipping. Never lose hope because we still have it. Ash hasn't showed crush on others main girl characters than Misty and Iris is not an exception! It's still sad that some people have given up on Pokeshipping, just because new characters are introduced and show goes on. I'm sure writers haven't forgotten about Misty and they'll bring her to Ash some day. Until that happens, we have sweet and great memories of the Original series when Misty was in.

staring_wolf.png

I would imagine this kind of reaction, followed by a string of more Tex Avery style reactions haha

Personally, i think if we see Misty again, that alone would give more evidence for pokeshipping. What other reason would Misty go to the Isshu region?

^Yah, apparently Isshu is some far away region. If she travels that far for him, she's gotta love him.

But I still wanted to see Misty in DP, now it won't happen, as there are only two episodes left. But I could imagine Ash isn't going to Isshu right away after he stayed at home for few minutes. So it can be possible if Misty appears and says a very sweet farewell to him, because Isshu is located far away from Kanto.

They really jipped us by not showing Misty x.x Maybe they'll show her waving goodbye to his plane or something. (Would be better if she was also crying and wearing his OS hat, but I digress (; )
You know, if I was Misty I would've called up Ash by now and really set him straight xD
Misty : "So - we're supposedly best friends and, what? No CALLS? No LETTERS?! Honestly! That's it. I'm traveling with you to Ishuu."
Ash : "Whaaaa?!"

And that is a really cute outfit design haha I have no doubts Ash would be shocked speechless :D Or - even better - stammering like a maniac!

I feel like the eyes are trying to hypnotize me... Just look at them in comparison!

EDIT : The hats look almost identical when you can't see the symbol... That took me a while to notice ^^;;

Last edited:
Also don't forget, with the exception of Giselle, Misty's the only girl whose looks actually left him...well, speechless.

When Misty was in the kimono, they showed a close-up of her, with a sparkly background and harps playing, and Ash staring at her in awe. He thought she looked PRETTY, dammit.

They could have had Ash do that with May in her princess dress from movie 8, or with Dawn in any of her outfits, but he didn't.

Ash definitely has feelings for Misty, he just doesn't realize it.

Also I love that screenshot that MiyaToriaka posted. They just look so right SITTING next to each other. How could anyone think Ash and Misty don't look good together?!

...Have you noticed the way they fight is totally different from the way Ash fights with May and Dawn? (well duh but i need to fin my point)

Like when the pearlshippers hear the Ash and Misty fight, they are like, Ash and Misty fight all the time and look how little Ash fights with Dawn! And then you watch the various fights Ash has had with Dawn and Misty and you're going like, um, Misty and Ash are totally covering something up and Ash and Dawn are like killing each other.

(though fortunately they made up...i didn't want the two characters to hate each other...)

Hi, just a question !

I heard about this little girl for a while and I was wondering...what were your thoughts on that ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI&feature=related

I mean, It screams Misty's daughter (and Pikachu being there screams Ash's as well)cause really...Misty is grown up, and there is Pikachu...and this woman is the one from the first movie. And yet we never heard a word about that.

EDIT : From what I gathered it was supposed to be the ending of Pokemon...if that's true, it's just the most wasted epic stuff ever. Pokemon missed joining FMA Brothehood in the rank of the full epicness show.

Anyway if that was supposed to be the ending of Pokemon, Ash/Misty is more canon than canon. Even if it was changed after, it shows they were meant to be together and I doubt that might change. Pokeshipping forever <333333333333333333

I didn't see pikachu anywhere in the trailer.

also i like do find dawn/gary kinda cute two.

wow! the creators totally changed his design. his eyes were orignally blue and now they're brown

When Misty was in the kimono, they showed a close-up of her, with a sparkly background and harps playing, and Ash staring at her in awe. He thought she looked PRETTY, dammit.

That is exactly why I think Pokeshipping is so solid compared to other ships c:) If Ash didn't like Misty, there was no way he would have looked at her like that. And let's not forget his willingness to dance with her 'Uh - sure!" Sooo cute xD

Oh, and I love how at the end of the episode the narrator says 'Who knows what new adventures, and romances, are waiting just over the horizon?' (In the English dub at least) and yet... Nothing. That's just cruel!

...Have you noticed the way they fight is totally different from the way Ash fights with May and Dawn? (well duh but i need to fin my point)

Like when the pearlshippers hear the Ash and Misty fight, they are like, Ash and Misty fight all the time and look how little Ash fights with Dawn! And then you watch the various fights Ash has had with Dawn and Misty and you're going like, um, Misty and Ash are totally covering something up and Ash and Dawn are like killing each other.

(though fortunately they made up...i didn't want the two characters to hate each other...)

I was actually getting worried about too much fighting. With Dawn, Ash gets along so well, it so good. I think something like that is a healthier relationship where they can get along most of the time.

Yes, I don't think they can EVER top Ash/Misty arguments.

If they're not covering something up then I'm not a guy. simple as that :p

Also, I have a serious question. Why do Misty threads always turn into giant flamewars? I hate it because as soon as someone even mentions her an argument breaks out. Maybe we should ship some members with Misty too

Hell even when I was younger it was obvious to me there was deeper meaning to their arguments and other interactions, and I didn't even think about that kinda thing very much back then, it just seemed like the natural progression of their relationship.

But in my opinion, DP series have been awesome and I've enjoyed a lot while watching. There have been such a great characters.

Gonna agreed with you here..^

But I still wanted to see Misty in DP, now it won't happen, as there are only two episodes left. But I could imagine Ash isn't going to Isshu right away after he stayed at home for few minutes.

we all want Misty to comeback..aren't we??..
Even just Hearing Ash mention Misty to someone makes me feel happy..specially if that will happened in the series of Best Wishes..not this fast ..but someday..:)

I'm still very optimistic about Pokeshipping. Never lose hope because we still have it. Ash hasn't showed crush on others main girl characters than Misty and Iris is not an exception! It's still sad that some people have given up on Pokeshipping, just because new characters are introduced and show goes on. I'm sure writers haven't forgotten about Misty and they'll bring her to Ash some day. Until that happens, we have sweet and great memories of the Original series when Misty was in.

*nods* I like the spirit you have and being optimistic you have,
Even though,Misty will never appear in the DP series,her adventures..those moments..those memories she had with {brock &} Ash will still remains as a never-ending part of Pokemon History,..we can't change how they been through,..Watching..looking back how the series started is a memorable thing,.but I will always stay as a Pokeshipper no matter what,

I love the picture and screenies..
and ALSO I love what you make RainbowMoondust!!

...Have you noticed the way they fight is totally different from the way Ash fights with May and Dawn?

..Yup!!I think they really differs the way they Fight..[Ash & Misty's arguements]
-I think they're arguements shows that they care for each other,_

*I think*

That is exactly why I think Pokeshipping is so solid compared to other ships c:) If Ash didn't like Misty, there was no way he would have looked at her like that. And let's not forget his willingness to dance with her 'Uh - sure!" Sooo cute xD

Yeah!!he totally accepted that Dance,and also..
''Hour of the Hondour''
Ash just let Chikurita attack when Misty's Psyduck is unable to attack..

-Kinda like the thing that they're really great partners whenever there's a battle,

What other reason would Misty go to the Isshu region?

-Seeing him again
-Joining him again,even a little time it willl takes..
-having communication,!?

when I was younger it was obvious to me there was deeper meaning to their arguments and other interactions, and I didn't even think about that kinda thing very much back then, it just seemed like the natural progression of their relationship.

*nods* It's quite obvious, specially those arguements leads to a caring kind-thing
,they just ''maybe'' had feelings that needs to be ''spread out''..:)

btw..Welcome Firezard!!

Welcome to the party, Firezard! :)

I guess she would go just to see/travel with him again (wouldn't that be awesome)? :awww:

Why do Misty threads always turn into giant flamewars? I hate it because as soon as someone even mentions her an argument breaks out
I've notices that too. It really feels like "she is gone and history, why do you have to recall her?!" So disgusting and cruel.....

But know to the topic
To get to know new water pokémon? While Ishhu is located far far away and I don't think there isn't any other regions pokémon in there
There isn't any in games so why not in anime too ^^;

Really, it just gets kind of annoying. The target audience is still young kids, regardless of how much older Ash is now. Because of that, I think they will never go farther than hinting at the Ash/Misty relationship. :( sadface :(

Back
Top Bottom