• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokkén Fighters/Pokkén Tournament trademarked by TPCi

Re: Mysterious Pokemon Screenshots Shown At Pokemon Game Show - New Wii U Game?

It's certainly not Japanese, I think it's made up. I think the anime uses that.

To me it just seemed like a continuation of the CGI-movie, showing one of XY's new shiny features: mega-evolutions. It could be a new game, but I wouldn't expect too much.

Have you watched the video? How could it possibly be a continuation of the CGI moviedemonstrating XY when all games featured were shown in their own respective platforms, with the correct graphics for the games, and the fact that XY's portion ended with a release date? Or the fact that they didn't show Mega Evolutions. They showed two popular Pokemon that got Mega Evolutions. They weren't even Mega evolved.

Now that the handhelds have reached the point of 3D graphics, I really don't see the point in a Pokemon console RPG or Stadium games.

A Pokemon RPG can still be usable in that it provides a way to make all Pokemon available rather than shove all ~800 Pokemon in a pair of games.

Now that the handhelds have reached the point of 3D graphics, I really don't see the point in a Pokemon console RPG or Stadium games.

Well, a Stadium style game would be pointless because it doesn't make for a satisfying experience and can be done in XY through DLC. A console RPG, though, could at least provide the same level of experience as a handheld game, if not more so if they can use the Gamepad's features in unique ways.

I'm hoping for another Colloseum or XD, another Stadium or Stadium 2 would be ok, but another Battle Revolution would be a disaster like the original.

nintendo really does know how to work

show pieces and get attention of everyone constantly :D

If the top screenshot were a Street Fighter-esque game, that would be amazing.
The bottom photo is just a screen from footage made exclusively for the video, where Pikachu walks past all the past game consoles (that are all white, for some reason) playing all the old Pokemon games, including spinoffs.
[video=youtube;HhTv2kSBMhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhTv2kSBMhc[/video]
...so I'm guessing you don't like fighting games and/or Street Fighter.
I probably should have said "fighting game" instead of "Street Fighter", anyways.

I hope it's not another Stadium game. I really enjoyed them at the time, but felt they got to be repetitive and stale after a while.

Maybe it's something new all together...and yeah, the way they showed it in that video was...pretty creepy.

A few thoughts came to mind when I saw that; first, that teaser thing from GameFreak's website a few weeks back. Did we ever get confirmation on what that was about? Second, Nintendo stating they had a few other unannounced games in the works, with some potential collaborations akin to Atlus-Intelligent Systems working on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, and Namco assisting with the new Smash Bros. Could this be another collab with GameFreak and a 3rd party developer?

Square-Enix/GameFreak = The World Ends with You x Pokemon (not really, but you get where I'm going here)

Looking through the retrospective video to find any hints. So, looking to see what video games are represented in it, to see if there's anything missing.

Ordered as Pikachu goes past it:
Pokémon Red/Green
Mystery Game 01
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Gold/Silver
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
Pokémon TCG
Pokémon Pinball RS
Pokémon Channel?
Mystery Game 02
Pokémon Dash
Mystery Game 03
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Pokémon Box?
Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs
Pokémon Typing Adventure
Pokémon BW
Pokédex 3D
PokéPark?
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon?
Pokémon Dream Radar
Pokémon Rumble U
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon?
Pokémon XY

Anybody who knows more than me can pinpoint the question marks and mystery games?

A few thoughts came to mind when I saw that; first, that teaser thing from GameFreak's website a few weeks back. Did we ever get confirmation on what that was about?

There's a reason no one talks about it anymore.

Thanks, I figured it wasn't going to be something major/Pokemon-related with mainline titles upcoming, but it's good to have confirmation. Still, I wonder if we're going to see a mashup of Pokemon and another franchise with this potential title.

The graphics in the game look amazing. The first time I looked at it I actually thought it was real, and the Lucario and Blaziken were suits/figures.

Wow, just wow.

The graphics in the game look amazing. The first time I looked at it I actually thought it was real, and the Lucario and Blaziken were suits/figures.
That actually makes it terrible since it means the Pokemon stand out as something unnatural or fake...and considering that this would be a game set in a Pokemon world....that's problematic.

I'd love another Colluseum/XD game. Though I don't have a WiiU, so :c

If they do that and if it has an original plot like Colosseum had, then I'd be all for it. I just don't want it to be a copy with a stereotypical protagonist like XD was... Wes was interesting. I'd be nice to play as more interesting character again and one that really DID belong in those events. Though, I wouldn't mind if it had some kind of league too, just as long as the plot is more central and the league is secondary (and as long as the league isn't the plot...) It's just, we get enough of that with the handhelds that I really would love to see some original ideas if this really is a new game like Colosseum. :p

To me it just seemed like a continuation of the CGI-movie, showing one of XY's new shiny features: mega-evolutions. It could be a new game, but I wouldn't expect too much.
Mega Evolution isn't showcased (merely implied, if that) and the graphics are very clearly not the same as XY's.

But they are the same style of graphics as the rest of the little movie.

It'd really like it if it could incorporate ideas from both Colosseum/XD and Stadium/Battle Revolution, provided if this is an additional Gen 6 game for the WiiU. I liked how Colosseum/XD had an actual story mode in it where you could catch some Pokemon and all, but I felt that regarding stadium battles where you could import your Pokemon teams to compete in were severely lacking in those games. Or at least in Colosseum, as I haven't actually played XD before. I mean Colosseum's story mode was great and all and an okay compromise for people wanting a main series game on a console, but I did found a certain charm to Stadium and its battles. Not to mention you couldn't import your Pokemon into Colosseum until after you had beaten the game, and the better tournament-styled battles were within the story mode.

But they are the same style of graphics as the rest of the little movie.

Except that every time they showcased actual games they took footage from the games in question. And the fact that it was a clip shown after the entire CGI movie ended with the release dates, with fake static to imply its not supposed to be part of that presentation.

What' they're teasing us with Mega Evolutions for XY when we've known about that for a long time now and have seven officially revealed Mega Evolutions?

I personally welcome even a new battle revolution. My friends and I often enjoy hosting tournaments and its a lot of fun to have the battles on a big screen for everyone to spectate.

I would prefer if that was a game based on the Anime Universe !

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom