• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

Woah good morning. Passed out on my couch after a total of 8 hr of skating yesterday. My eyes are still in that fuzzy morning stage.

I think i see a good response pile from ME
I think i see a hammer

@Rainbow Cloud @ReturnofMCH can yall confirm pls

also i sort of almost hope that vengeful works on lynchings. I doubt it would but i do have hopes ;_;

Woah good morning. Passed out on my couch after a total of 8 hr of skating yesterday. My eyes are still in that fuzzy morning stage.

I think i see a good response pile from ME
I think i see a hammer

@Rainbow Cloud @ReturnofMCH can yall confirm pls

also i sort of almost hope that vengeful works on lynchings. I doubt it would but i do have hopes ;_;
Sorry, there isn't a hammer, it's just the player with the highest number of votes at the end of the phase that's lynched.

Will change the wording in the rules as it reads like there's a hammer with a majority.

also i sort of almost hope that vengeful works on lynchings. I doubt it would but i do have hopes
Considering that Ex says he’s an “Even Night” Vengeful, I doubt it would work during an Odd Day.

Also, I find it very strange that Ex seems concerned that roles won’t flip after death. I don’t think I’ve seen a game on Bulba where the role PM doesn’t flip after someone dies unless they got Janitor’d.
@ExLight why in the world do you think there’s even a remote possibility of your PM not flipping?

Good morning. I tried my best to keep up yesterday but didn’t have any time to really delve into anything past Noon.

One thing I am thinking about rn given recent votes is that i’m reading Flop’s vote on ExLight as a little less opportunistic, because (even though there’s no hammer), it seems like he didn’t know his vote would have been the hammer.

I’ll answer some of the questions directed at me in a few.

Ok I’m still skimming more or less

ME posted a substantiallly well packed reply, shame it took getting called out to bring it all to light though. I dont agree with the ExLight case. Space case is fine enough. Stance on Caps and Max…I’ll concede, Ive done the whole “bicker some or a lot with X person into either they crack or I feel relieved at their presence” and hearing that ME apparently did everything and got that out of it is ok to me

##Unvote (Maniacal Engineer)

XL is demonstrating an almost naive level of desperation, which imo is more indicative of panic!town rather than panic!scum. A scum situaton would be more apt to toss a case on somebody else specificaly, and then turn things into a mud slinging war. ExLight struggles to do even that

i don't see enough of a change on Space to say “yea I townread them hard enough to let them scoot by”.

Where is Dawning’s and Dawn Dusk’s powerful opinions? They’re my next case of forgotten players.

will give another skim as I’m mobile bound before placing a vote but i have a feeling i’ll put it on space to balance things out. I won’t oppose an XL lynch but I do think his claim is weird enough to exist in a game hosted by PainBro Cloud

Considering that Ex says he’s an “Even Night” Vengeful, I doubt it would work during an Odd Day.

Also, I find it very strange that Ex seems concerned that roles won’t flip after death. I don’t think I’ve seen a game on Bulba where the role PM doesn’t flip after someone dies unless they got Janitor’d.
@ExLight why in the world do you think there’s even a remote possibility of your PM not flipping?
Yea it only triggers if I get killed during an Even Night
Which is why I said mafia would be able to coordinate around me

Once you start playing in like seven forums the culture of them start getting mixed up lol
And I mean, better safe than sorry

…where are y’all seeing hammer rules in this game?
it was worded kinda ambiguously imo umu
forgive my ESL ass

One thing I am thinking about rn given recent votes is that i’m reading Flop’s vote on ExLight as a little less opportunistic, because (even though there’s no hammer), it seems like he didn’t know his vote would have been the hammer.
And yea, no, not caring about the amount of votes someone has is pretty scummy to me lol

shame it took getting called out to bring it all to light though
I mean, I kinda mentioned the most salient point in the same post as the reads list:
I never really feel comfortable leaving a vote linger over the Sabbath if the day phase is going to end while I'm away, simply because I cannot change that vote based on new, and critical, information that may come up. If my vote ends up being the difference between lynch wagons, or gets exploited because I cannot change it, that hurts town far more than sticking to my hunches.
If I am 100% certain and have concrete evidence that a player is scum, I will leave my vote up over Sabbath, but this is D1, and I've just got a bunch of questions and a headache.
Aside from that, I "got called out" on the day that I couldn't come back and defend myself until potentially after the phase had ended, so...
:p
i don't see enough of a change on Space to say “yea I townread them hard enough to let them scoot by”.
Not sure if this was addressed to me or in general. I've mentioned multiple times at this point that, yes there wasn't a massive change in my thinking regarding Space that would have prompted an "unvote" under most circumstances, but there also wasn't enough of a change in my thoughts or a strong enough conviction to warrant leaving an immutable vote up for 20ish hours of the phase that could be the difference between lynch wagons.

Now, regarding Space...
that's what weirded me out about his readlist. he put himself as scum, then others, but how do we take that seriously?
She claims that she can't take my readslist seriously because I put myself as scum.
First of all, numerous players like Midorikawa, Elieson, and Zexy have done the same thing.
Second of all, I didn't actually say that I was scum in my readslist this time
12. ME: An idiot with a box and a screwdriver. Way too noisy and egotistical. Why is he even in this game? He should go back into retirement.
@Space where and how does the above even remotely come across as saying that I'm scum?

Space’s votes don’t come off as opportunistic for me, I can see how they make sense. Who do you think she should have voted for instead?
It's not a matter of thinking that she should vote for a different slot, necessarily. It's a combination of the innate self-preservation of the vote, combined with her reasoning:

I do agree that it feels wrong to judge a sub based on the previous player, but at the same time, it kind of has to be done. We can't pretend we never saw Fatima's posts
honestly feel this is the best we have to go on at the moment. I feel strange about it given the sub in, but as I said, Fatima's posts can't be unseen
Yes, we can't ignore Fatima's posts, but voting for ExLight at this point in the game, for reasons that he cannot defend himself against...it seems a little scummy.
Especially since, by this point in the game, ExLight had already done plenty, and, IMO, there were, and still are, valid reasons to vote for ExLight.
Space, instead, chooses to vote, basically, for Fatima.
Yes, I know it's the same slot, but I hope you understand what I'm saying.

An interesting thought on ExLight is that he said this fairly early on:
a cop check should prove that but I guess there's the possibility of everyone being paranoid of godfather lol
lie detector on this could work too if anyone has it
I feel like, if Ex is Mafia, there's a very good chance that he is Godfather. He brings up both Cop and Lie Detector as a means of clearing him on N1, and, while the Lie Detector may seem like a bold way for scum to ask to be cleared...but there is also almost certainly a Cop in pretty much every non-Vanilla/Goon only setup, and a Lie Detector in a game this small is probably broken.

It's also interesting that Ex is concerned about his role not flipping properly.
Once you start playing in like seven forums the culture of them start getting mixed up lol
And I mean, better safe than sorry
I can sort of believe this explanation, but something still smells slightly off about it.
1625408041665.png

In any case, since the wagons would no longer be tied, and since my case on Space is still the strongest one I have, I'm going to Vote: Space.

If it looks like there is going to be a tie, I will remove or switch my vote toward EoD.

I've seen him get desperate before as Town, so this isn't a definitive tell. However, his attitude about voting simply for survival really doesn't strike me as being particularly townie. Yes, I get that self-preservation is a thing, and some of the more powerful Town roles should want to survive for longer, but he's decidedly not claiming any of those roles.
if I get lynched it's guaranteed for it to be a mislynch from my POV
if we lynch literally anyone else from my POV there's at least a small chance of 25% (33% if counting indept) of hitting scum
self pres as town is always the way to go unless it's between me and someone verified lol

Haven’t really seen much from ExLight in terms of gamesolving and engagement tbh.
It's DAY ONE
I already positioned myself on the Max vs. Space discussion, provided who I don't want lynched today, and poked people who I'm not comfortable with or inactive I'm not sure what else you expect me to say :chugs:

honestly if I'm going to get lynched it better be D1 because I have never been lynched as town in any other day (well I guess i actually did in my last game sigh but I had to for town to stand a chance!! but maybe that doesn't matter anymore which is big sad)

also happy 4th of july for all the muricans uwu
lots of barbecue and fireworks and freedom for yall

Pain peko

townreads: Jinjo. Flop. Caps

leaning townreads: HumanDawn. Miwifeykawa.

Swingreads: dawning. Tood. DawnDusk

Leaning scumreads: ME (still processing the overall benefit to the game as a whole, your posts, but with a lack of time to properly analyze any more, I can’t push this any harder without slacking and putting up a fair and arguable case)
Max (for being Max, wishy washy and noncommital for the first half of the game, and the “waiting for something worthy of comment” to happen later so he can latch onto it like a leech” philosophy always always ALWAYS shreds my confidence of the slot.
Space (has just been too jumpy). I will say that Inpicked up on a weird misrep (calling ME self proclaimed scum when I am 99.8% certain that ME didn’t say that about himself) but I feel like it’s a…weird thing that they say this but dont apply any pressure out of it.

Scumreads: Eliescum. (Claimed already. Busy posting walls early game, giving people eye strain and therefore making town’s ability to read, become taxed.)

I dont think inforgot anyone but if i did it’s because you are forgettable. I would vote for Space in the misrep over ExtraLight and their claim. Man this day has cruddy options.

##Vote Space

pres as town is always the way to go unless it's between me and someone verified lol
I would sooner throw myself into a crematorium and burn myself alive, than let scum get away with a win, especially if it puts useful info on the table. Town’s job is to lynch scum as quickly as possible, not to individually live long enough yo do it by yourself. Keeping a useful role alive is good to want to do, but our weapon (our vote) is more important than anything else, and to want to keep yourself alive risks abandoning the main mission

Max (for being Max, wishy washy and noncommital for the first half of the game, and the “waiting for something worthy of comment” to happen later so he can latch onto it like a leech” philosophy always always ALWAYS shreds my confidence of the slot.
Actually why I'm considering retiring from the Mafia part of TWR...eventually.

Man this day has cruddy options.
Oh, you know it. :confused:

if I get lynched it's guaranteed for it to be a mislynch from my POV
if we lynch literally anyone else from my POV there's at least a small chance of 25% (33% if counting indept) of hitting scum
self pres as town is always the way to go unless it's between me and someone verified lol
Yes and no.
Yes in that you know whether or not you're town, and you don't know whether or not the other player is town.
But there are better ways to go about it than just trying to survive.
Actually form a case on people, try to form reads, or at least look like you're trying to help.
You've been doing nothing but trying to deflect votes from yourself, without ever actually giving any reasons for voting slots aside from Space, and even for your Space vote, you've admitted that it is purely self-preservation:
Self Pres
from the Space vs. Max I actually dislike Max more, but between me and Space I know I'm town for sure so that's the only play here lol
Have you ever explained why you dislike Max more?
I don't recall you ever actually making a case on Max.
while my ass is on the line I'll have to stick to whatever is the second wagon so help me convince everyone to vote somewhere else please ; -;
You can help yourself by making a case not to vote for you, and to vote for someone you are actually suspicious of. You have not done so yet.
@TheCapsFan I'll give you a cookie if you help me vote Max or dawn dusk with @HumanDawn
or just vote literally any other current wagon since that saves my towny ass
Desperation without actual contribution of any sort, or giving anyone a reason to vote for a different slot.

Look bub, when you were the Gladiator in Guess Your Role Mafia, I saw the desperate side of you. But in that case, you actually contributed to the game, and took the advice of the one guy who had no idea about his role or alignment. You can play better than this. Don't just yell at people to vote for a different slot. Give them a reason to.

Speaking of reasons, @TheCapsFan are you still voting for ExLight purely because of the Fatima situation?

are we ever truly free? The bloodstained shackles of a mafia player bind us for life, after all
Actually why I'm considering retiring from the Mafia part of TWR...eventually

sorry pal. It’s just too difficult to interpret anything out of under most circumstances

Look bub, when you were the Gladiator in Guess Your Role Mafia, I saw the desperate side of you. But in that case, you actually contributed to the game, and took the advice of the one guy who had no idea about his role or alignment. You can play better than this. Don't just yell at people to vote for a different slot. Give them a reason to.

mmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

do you see this a defeatist scum gameplay situation?

Pain peko

townreads: Jinjo. Flop. Caps

leaning townreads: HumanDawn. Miwifeykawa.

Swingreads: dawning. Tood. DawnDusk

Leaning scumreads: ME (still processing the overall benefit to the game as a whole, your posts, but with a lack of time to properly analyze any more, I can’t push this any harder without slacking and putting up a fair and arguable case)
Space (has just been too jumpy). I will say that Inpicked up on a weird misrep (calling ME self proclaimed scum when I am 99.8% certain that ME didn’t say that about himself) but I feel like it’s a…weird thing that they say this but dont apply any pressure out of it.

Scumreads: Eliescum. (Claimed already. Busy posting walls early game, giving people eye strain and therefore making town’s ability to read, become taxed.)

I dont think inforgot anyone but if i did it’s because you are forgettable. I would vote for Space in the misrep over ExtraLight and their claim. Man this day has cruddy options.

##Vote Space
How could i forget exlight wowwwwwwww

leaning town on the deluxe special

Back
Top Bottom