• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Realistic Pokemon Images (NOT PHOTOSHOP)

I agree that people are going overboard with the "realism" and just making them creepy. As Outrage said, realistic Pokemon should look like the real life animals they're based off of, not alien monsters. (Except, of course, for the ones that are alien monsters. Like Deoxys.) Though some are epic instead of creepy, like some of the dragon-types. Keep posting those.

Also, I second the rec for Suzume to make more drawings. They strike just the right balance.

May post my own at some point... though most of them aren't any good, and one of them (Nidoking) is in borderline creepy territory.

I agree with you. I have nothing against people making those creepy-looking Pokemon pictures, but I don't get why people say that they don't wish Pokemon were real anymore after seeing those pictures. I don't see any reason why Pokemon would look that hideous in real life, since even most real life animals can't be considered ugly (well, naked mole rats maybe). If a Pokemon is drawn cute, why would it be a terrible mutant in real life? I can see that Pokemon like Muk or Feraligatr would be creepy-looking, but... why would Eevee or Togepi be?

Well, I actually started sketching some realistic-looking Pokemon couple days ago and thought I'd contribute them to this thread. I tried to keep the Pokemon's general body shape as close to the original as possible, only making small changes that make their bodies look like they could excist in real life. That caused some of them to have HUGE heads, but I don't mind. When some people draw realistic Pokemon, they just draw a real-life animal with Pokemon-like features (for example, making realistic Totodile quadrupedal because bipedal crocodiles don't exist in real life), but I think Pokemon shouldn't look too close to existing animals, because they are not the same. Long story short, this is how I believe Pokemon would look if they suddenly became real. ;)
realistic_pokemon_by_tyltalis-d36q37e.jpg
Sorry that they are not colored or inked, I was too lazy to do that. :p
YES! YES! Those are a perfect balance of realism and keeping their features (the Mudkip and Oshawott in particular are especially good)! Thank you for making such wonderful drawings. If you don't have a problem with it, I would like to add those to my video when I make it! Also, I agree that you should definately make more! :D

THIS is how a realistic Eevee should look:
Wanna_play____pokemon_evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

It's made by joshD1000 on Deviantart

More by the same person:
Heat_of_the_Heart__evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Lighting_the_skies__evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Mirror_lake__Pokemon_evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Comedia_del_arte_by_joshD1000.jpg

Hiding_in_the_bushes__evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Sunset_flowers__Pokemon_evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Curiousity_of_the_cat___by_joshD1000.jpg

Fortunes_of_a_feline____by_joshD1000.jpg

Fox_of_the_night_by_joshD1000.jpg

Tails_of_a_new_dawn____by_joshD1000.jpg

Pink_in_the_shadows_by_joshD1000.jpg

At_the_cave_entrance____by_joshD1000.jpg

A_hot_drowsey_day__by_joshD1000.jpg

Hypnotic_Mourning_Mist____by_joshD1000.jpg

Eyes_of_Ruby_and_Fur_of_Violet_by_joshD1000.jpg

Fluttering_toward_the_light____by_joshD1000.jpg

Winter_shores____by_joshD1000.jpg

The_Great_Gathering_by_joshD1000.jpg

Starters_final_by_joshD1000.jpg

...Maybe too many at once? I was going to put more, but the forum didn't let me do it >.<

Awww, thanks, all of you! :3 I'm really glad so many people like them~ I'll sketch some more, since it was really fun to do them, too!

@Paragon: Sure, you can use them. It would be nice if you credited all the artists in the video, though. ;)

THIS is how a realistic Eevee should look:
Wanna_play____pokemon_evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

It's made by joshD1000 on Deviantart

More by the same person:
Heat_of_the_Heart__evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Lighting_the_skies__evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Mirror_lake__Pokemon_evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Comedia_del_arte_by_joshD1000.jpg

Hiding_in_the_bushes__evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Sunset_flowers__Pokemon_evo_by_joshD1000.jpg

Curiousity_of_the_cat___by_joshD1000.jpg

Fortunes_of_a_feline____by_joshD1000.jpg

Fox_of_the_night_by_joshD1000.jpg

Tails_of_a_new_dawn____by_joshD1000.jpg

Pink_in_the_shadows_by_joshD1000.jpg

At_the_cave_entrance____by_joshD1000.jpg

A_hot_drowsey_day__by_joshD1000.jpg

Hypnotic_Mourning_Mist____by_joshD1000.jpg

Eyes_of_Ruby_and_Fur_of_Violet_by_joshD1000.jpg

Fluttering_toward_the_light____by_joshD1000.jpg

Winter_shores____by_joshD1000.jpg

The_Great_Gathering_by_joshD1000.jpg

Starters_final_by_joshD1000.jpg

...Maybe too many at once? I was going to put more, but the forum didn't let me do it >.<
...! Wow, that artist is awesome. :O I could never draw anything with such detail as those. That person is really dedicated to this. I wonder why most of those haven't been posted here before?

It's weird those haven't been posted yet.
I didn't saw yours, I like it!

I like some of SoupAndButter's pokemon redesigns(... Eeve, Raichu and Charmander, for example, are not of my liking, though...), but...realistic? I don't see how can that be called realistic. The artist refers to them as "revamp", "redesign", "rendition"...but never "realistic"...

It's weird those haven't been posted yet.
I didn't saw yours, I like it!

I like some of SoupAndButter's pokemon redesigns(... Eeve, Raichu and Charmander, for example, are not of my liking, though...), but...realistic? I don't see how can that be called realistic. The artist refers to them as "revamp", "redesign", "rendition"...but never "realistic"...
They added enough detail to them to make them imaginable in the real world without removing the basic features. Like eight or so of these made the video! They're AMAZING! :D

It would be nice if you credited all the artists in the video, though. ;)
I know. That's what I'm going to do. I will give every artist that I can credit.

I have to say that the starter Pokemon from Gen 1 look great though they seemed to be a bit out of proportion well mainly the Pikachu it is too fat and to tall i think but the others seem the right size to me. Venusaur though i like a lot it was my favorite out of all and still is.

Keeping this thread alive.
Here's two quick sketches I did while at school.
They're a bit big, so just click the spoilers.
Poochyena
pokemon001.jpg
Pachirisu
pokemon002.jpg

Those are a great addition Morru Magnum, I especially like the Pachirisu! You should make a thread on Artist's Cove(the section these forums have for art, I believe, though I'm not sure on the name).

Hey OP, let us know when the video is uploaded, I'd like to see it. :)

Those are a great addition Morru Magnum, I especially like the Pachirisu! You should make a thread on Artist's Cove(the section these forums have for art, I believe, though I'm not sure on the name).

I will. I'm just waiting until I think I've Found enough appropriate ones (I've got like 40 now. :) )

This is my first time posting to Bulbagarden from my new iTouch! :D

Thanks for the encouragement. When I have more free time, I'll make a shop dedicated to this wonderful thread. :)

Cant for the life of me remember where I found this one
but I dont recall seeing it on this thread.

Realistic Garchomp
7966419.jpg

I'm going for five more appropriate ones. Then I'll have fifty and I'll make the video :D

Have some badassteelix
b4d8aa532852a47d1b07c11.jpg

(Mikan smiling there is what makes this picture awesome)

Edit: Forgot to mention the artist before.

Actually I found most of the pictures realizic, the above of Steelix I could definantly see being realistic as I would see Steelix looking like that.
Now I admit those pictures by SoupAndButter are far more meant to be morbid and creepy then realistic, but most of the others are I feel realistic. As it has been said, and I will add to that, Pokemon are Pocket Monsters, powerful and at times very scary Monsters that a trainer can capture and force to fight in battles against other trainers.
I believe without a shadow of a doubt that if the Pokemon world was real, it would be a times both very terrifying and a very dangerous place.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom