• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Red to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as character: Pokémon trainer battles with K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think...2 players being Pokémon Trainer in Brawl. It's be a actual Pokemon Battle! xD

I am so, so glad they're actually selling Wiis around these parts. I should ask for one for Passover! I mean, controlling Charizard, man. That's awesome.

I don't think this is a good idea to be honest, I mean, how come you aren't able to control Blastoise, Vensaur and Charizard? .....Instead of Squirtle and Ivysaur.

I don't think this is a good idea to be honest, I mean, how come you aren't able to control Blastoise, Vensaur and Charizard? .....Instead of Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Actually, it seems a bit fair, otherwise there'll always be a powerhouse. Plus, that Stamina addition sounds interesting, so you'll be forced to balance between the three

Actually, I think the Final Smashes might be Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, and Blast Burn respectively, seeing as Pikachu's is Volt Tackle, but eh, maybe for it the Pokemon Trainer jumps into the fray and pulls out a submachine gun :p

Only problem I see is that Squirtle and Ivysaur can't use the eemental hyperbeams.

Perhaps the final smash is different for each Pokemon you are playing rather than all three at once?

No, they had to be fully evolved didn't they? Only the second gen starters were able to get it in the earier stages.

No, they had to be fully evolved didn't they? Only the second gen starters were able to get it in the earier stages.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it would work in the Advance games.

Dude, what the heck is wrong with you? Did you not read the thread title? "Red to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as character." It's on the website man. lol
It did not show the whole title thank you very much.:bash:(left:you&right:me)

So you posted without reading the article or the first post? And have you not heard of Brawl before, and is this why you came to that conclusion?

I just thought it was random SPAM at first with all the smilies.

Not only that but it seems that either he has his directions mixed up or he wants to hit me with a hammer. >_>

i just checked serebii.net, and all 9 forms of the kanto starters can learn the elemental hyper beam for their type

Maybe instead of the big three, they just use some other powerful attack (i.e. solarbeam, overheat, hydro pump, ect.) for their type

EDIT-they've posted the special attacks for the pokemon on the site. squirtle has withdraw and waterfall, ivysaur has bullet seed and vine whip, and charizard has flamethrower and rock smash

link: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

pretty interesting how the pokemon trainer only punches to the left and points to the right as movement...

Last edited by a moderator:
That "Charizard! Bail me out!" trick would only work when controlling Squirtle, otherwise you'd just have a turtle-thing flapping it's arms!

For his final smash he should throw a Master Ball at his opponents and just chuck the ones he manages to catch off of the stage.

Jigglypuff...I really hope so. Pichu I'm impartial to, but word so far is that he might get cut. Of course this is all hear-say, so it's not high in credibility.

No, he shouldn't throw the caught opponent of the stage, he should use the captured opponent to fight other opponents!

And he should be able to use physical attacks, at least punch/kick, it's not as though he's completely useless without pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom